PDA

View Full Version : pure stat mags??

Matanaeh
Feb 19, 2010, 06:56 AM
I don't get what the fuss is about when making a pure stat mag??? Does it really matter that much upon getting the final evolution when you're just going to use a mag cell to evole it? Unless there is an unknown bonus which I don't know about?
:-?

Marumaru
Feb 19, 2010, 07:15 AM
And when the difference between a 100-0 and a 95-5, it's just 5 points at lv 100... (having for example 800 in those categories)

Matanaeh
Feb 19, 2010, 07:31 AM
yeah i know its a small difference but is there a benefit for have a max evolution mag?

Cruciarius
Feb 19, 2010, 10:06 AM
Some classes don't need, for example, hit. So for them, they'd benefit more from pure power.

Personally, I'd look at the PB. If you can get the PB you want with a pure stat mag, go for it. If you'll get a crap PB with a pure mag, do something to it to get a better PB.

Quintus_The_Force
Feb 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
;-) I have several Mags maxed in each Stat, 100 POW, 100 MST, 100 DEF, 100 HIT, and a few with different variations in level, They just rot in my bank though to be honest....

I switch between the Max Mags often, depending on Weapon, Area, or the task at hand...

If im raising a new char, or during Bosses fight or a SH ET run, I equip my Def mag, infact I use my Def Mag more than anything... An extra 200 HP from mats and a solid 100 Def mag = Untouchable, DarkFalz cant even knock me down ha ha ha

But it doesnt hurt to have options

Kirukia
Feb 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
I kept my mag at pure mind because I wanted Flozir, and the level 60 evolutions didn't have flozir. I actually just made a 1pow/99mind though for granir.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 04:10 PM
Um...I think the 4th tier evolutions are for aesthetics. I know I specifically went for Hagal, since well...it's fricking wings man! plus, they just look awesome on a Cast lol. But for the most part, find a PB you like and will find damn useful, aim for that, and use a mag soul to get a better looking sprite lol, since the PB carries over.

HeartBreak301
Feb 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
I don't care for pure mags on my HUcast, I always make mine 75 POW and 25 DEX, which gives me Wyn, he's pretty cool looking.
As for RAs and FOs, pure POW or MIND is the way to go, unless you want 99/1 for a 4th tier mag or something.

Ice Sniper
Feb 19, 2010, 04:46 PM
@HeartBreak, its true pure power mags are good for RAs(I use one myself) but FOs shouldnt always use pure mind. A slicer user, which is normally a FOmar/marl often benefits from hit. A force hybrid such as a melee/tech FOmar/marl or HUnewm/newearl can also benefit from a 50pow/50 mind build, they could also use some hit. I actually think that FOs get the most variety in mag builds. Typical RAs only use power, typical HUs use hit and power, FOs and FO hybrid builds can make use of power, hit and mind. Defense on a mag is almost useless, I think we can all agree on that.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 04:56 PM
My Wyn is a 50/50 pow/hit, only because I insist on using swords, and those tend to have below average accuracy anyway. But then again, I compensated for that with the build I have on my character, so that I think makes up for the power loss from the extra hit on the mag.

I'd rather consistent hits, then big damage. But that's due to my choice of weapon. I think if I were to change weapons, my build would also change, but I've yet to see a weapon other than swords that strikes my fancy.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 19, 2010, 05:45 PM
There doesn't seem to be much of a penalty for not raising a tier 4 mag. You can still feed a tier 3 mag a soul at the required level for a rare mag.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 19, 2010, 05:50 PM
I might be wrong on this, but you never have to "raise" a tier 4 mag to get the title. All you have to do is use a Mag soul on any mag you have, regardless of its tier (so long as it fits the soul requirements), and you still get the title because the Soul mags are considered Tier 4... but I could be wrong. Can't test myself because, well, I have the Tier 4 Mag title. :P

FOmarRashidi
Feb 19, 2010, 05:52 PM
^

When I first raised a rare Puyo mag, I received a "raised a rare mag" title. Then, when I first raised a tier 4 Feo mag, I received a "raised a 4th tier mag" title.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 05:59 PM
And then you can trade the mag, and you get the "Mag Trader" title.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 19, 2010, 06:00 PM
Ah, so the Rare Mags didn't actualy count for the Tier 4 mags, then?

HeartBreak301
Feb 19, 2010, 06:56 PM
@HeartBreak, its true pure power mags are good for RAs(I use one myself) but FOs shouldnt always use pure mind. A slicer user, which is normally a FOmar/marl often benefits from hit. A force hybrid such as a melee/tech FOmar/marl or HUnewm/newearl can also benefit from a 50pow/50 mind build, they could also use some hit. I actually think that FOs get the most variety in mag builds. Typical RAs only use power, typical HUs use hit and power, FOs and FO hybrid builds can make use of power, hit and mind. Defense on a mag is almost useless, I think we can all agree on that.

I see your point, but thats more of an endgame thing for me seeing as how I'm using a FOnewm. I'll make a heavy DEX mag to make up for his lack of it later on so I can beat the heck out of stuff with my Psycho Wand. Until then I find tech spamming to be an effective alterative. Who knows though, mags are so easy to raise in PSZ I'll probably make him at least 3 more before he even hits 90.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah...I like being able to feed my mag junk weapons to raise only one stat...less thought then back in PSO

FoMarlBorough
Feb 19, 2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah...I like being able to feed my mag junk weapons to raise only one stat...less thought then back in PSO

psz is far simpler then pso as far as mag raising. i remember counting out exact numbers of items just to get some specific rare mag that i cant even remember the name of. it looked cool though.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 07:22 PM
psz is far simpler then pso as far as mag raising. i remember counting out exact numbers of items just to get some specific rare mag that i cant even remember the name of. it looked cool though.

You and me both...gotta feed the mag X amount of this item for this many levels, then X amount of this for this many, gotta feed X amount to lower this stat so as not to gain an unnecessary level...blah...

The_Pup
Feb 19, 2010, 07:40 PM
Pure mags are just there for show... They look cute. Piggy mag is made of oink and racing stripes. But seriously... Because of being tier 2 mags, they raise faster than tier 4 mags.

As for mag stats... Hit is the most powerful of all of them (ATA can't be shifta'd, ATA is the weakest slot unit [where you can put a max of 12 ata in a slot; you can put 12-48+ on a mag]). The rest are supplemental stats.

I use a 98/2 pow/mind Chato (the extra point of mind was an accident, but whatever since it's not even a minor loss) on my RAmarl. Did it because Chatos are cute with a loud colouring~ And it had Flozir, which let me do Granir/Pacifal damage for 40 seconds with invincibility~. I'd consider a Mind mag eventually (I'm rasing a Feo and Chato at the same time), since I usually put myself in the debuff and heal role when the rest of the party is suited for attacking.

Just build a mag for your needs.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 19, 2010, 09:18 PM
Pure mags are mostly for PB, if not for show. Nidd is the only Mind dominant mag that has Flozir as its PB