PDA

View Full Version : Why my friend stopped playing PSZ (A sad story)...

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
Ready yourself, for if this happened to you, I can't imagine how you'd be anything less than a mess...

One cold, dark, and perhaps eerie night, my friend, who we'll call Vicente, was doing a typical evening Super Hard Mode Eternal Tower run. The run was going quite smoothly, with him electing to not skip transpassable rooms and to murdalate any potential victim.

My friend Vicente then reached floor 70, a decently deep dip into the great Eternal Tower, and where the nightmare starts.

Floor 70, as many know, is a boss floor, and a boss my friend got, in the form of a typical Blade Mother, or so I'll assume. My staunchy and heroic friend belittled this Mother to no more than puddle of VR-plasm, and quickly bee-lined his way to the end of the rainbow, avoiding where a potential corpse of the befallen Mother may lay.

Vicente quickly decapsulated the pot of gold, where a small splash of various green and red cubes poured out. All was typical when examining the loot until the last crimson-visaged cubelet was inspected.

Zero Saber
15/11/33/35/21
Celeb Lv 5
Force Ride

It was the holy grail! I can only imagine the look on poor Vicente's face upon this gleaming discovery. He now had his slayer of slayers, and nothing could get in his way. He went back to town, where he usually SELLS STUFF, stores items in his Joint Trunk, which SAVES HIS PROGRESS, and then continues. After returning back to the Eternal Tower, he went to equip his Sword from the Stone...

And he had no problems doing so. He hadn't sold it and saved, as may have been insinuated. However, at this point, the nightmare becomes truly that.

Vicente's room is separate from his house, and he decided he wanted to transport himself and the compact console to the living room, which connects to a kitchen with promises of soda and grub. To get there requires chancing near-pitch darkness and various unseen obstacles.

My at-this-point-pleasant friend then began his trek to a a better place.

5 seconds later he tripped on a rock, with DS spiraling out of his mits. After discovering his game was reset, an inconvienent setback, moments later he found he hadn't stored a thing in his Joint Trunk, so the game had yet to save.

THE END

Cruciarius
Feb 19, 2010, 01:24 PM
And this is why if I find ANYTHING worth keeping, I go to my menu and manually save asap.

But to stop playing over this? Stupid. It's a game and half the fun is hunting those rares. Your friend should just hunt another.

SneakySneaky
Feb 19, 2010, 01:54 PM
I am suprised your friend still remeber those statement on weapon.... well, true it's stupid but ya I might stop playing psz if that happened to me.

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 02:03 PM
I am suprised your friend still remeber those statement on weapon.... well, true it's stupid but ya I might stop playing psz if that happened to me.

He said it "seared" into his memory. First out of joy, then disfigurement.

Kirukia
Feb 19, 2010, 02:18 PM
It sounds made up. Did he ever SHOW you the saber? Anyway....thats why everytime I find a good weapon I immediately save my game.

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 02:33 PM
It sounds made up. Did he ever SHOW you the saber? Anyway....thats why everytime I find a good weapon I immediately save my game.

The only reason I posted it was because it was sensational. If it didn't seem made up, I wouldn't have. And the story is truly factual.

Cruciarius
Feb 19, 2010, 02:36 PM
One would think he would turn lights on, to see his way.
Also, close the DS and put it into his pocket.

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
One would think he would turn lights on, to see his way.
Also, close the DS and put it into his pocket.

Yeah, what happened just shouldn't have. So many things had to go wrong. I goto town and oversave.

Kirukia
Feb 19, 2010, 02:40 PM
You know if he had the DS open there would've been enough light to see. I've used my DS as a flashlight before xD
But it's not the way you worded it that makes it seem made up, it's just the fact that he found the most epic saber in the game and then oops! He just HAPPENED to lose it before showing anybody. It just seems like he was trying to impress people. If he found it then that sucks, but I'm skeptical of it personally.

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 02:47 PM
You know if he had the DS open there would've been enough light to see. I've used my DS as a flashlight before xD
But it's not the way you worded it that makes it seem made up, it's just the fact that he found the most epic saber in the game and then oops! He just HAPPENED to lose it before showing anybody. It just seems like he was trying to impress people. If he found it then that sucks, but I'm skeptical of it personally.

You should be. But I assure you it is not. Whether one believes it or not should not cover this story's main purpose: Don't let this happen to you.

Kirukia
Feb 19, 2010, 02:48 PM
Lol it's okay I won't. Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to save right away if I ever find a
Zero Saber
15/11/33/35/21
Celeb Lv 5
Force Ride

Cruciarius
Feb 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
And %s in everything? I've not seen more than 4 %s on any weapon and I check every red drop (I like to keep the "best" of red drops, even if they suck), before I sell them.

It sounds made up. I'm sure he could have found one and lost it due to falling/not saving, but to have all those %s makes it questionable to me.

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
And %s in everything? I've not seen more than 4 %s on any weapon and I check every red drop (I like to keep the "best" of red drops, even if they suck), before I sell them.

It sounds made up. I'm sure he could have found one and lost it due to falling/not saving, but to have all those %s makes it questionable to me.

I don't post random gibberish. If it had no %'s, I wouldn't have cared. I am 100% certain this item was found as described, and lost forever.

Kirukia
Feb 19, 2010, 03:15 PM
I don't post random gibberish. If it had no %'s, I wouldn't have cared. I am 100% certain this item was found as described, and lost forever.

Is Vicente supposed to be you?

Dragwind
Feb 19, 2010, 03:21 PM
That sounds pretty unfortunate, but I've had some bad things happen to me in RPGs as a child where I forgot to save. I was extremely angry, but it was entirely my fault.

I never hesitate for a moment to save my game when I gain something, or any kind of progress. So if anything, he should have learned a lesson- always save. It's not the game's fault.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hm...interesting story. But why stop playing? I dig on the initial grind up to 100...I dunno, I guess I like leveling lol.

But just out of curiosity, is your friend a klutz normally? Or did he happen to trip on something? And if his room was separate from the house, why didn't he have his own fridge? I mean, I dunno if it's just me or the area where I'm from, but most of my friends all have mini fridges in their rooms... Course, we all also played WoW religiously at one point, so leaving the room for food/drink during a raid/instance was a major no-no.

So we all invested in mini fridges. Even after leaving college, a good 3 years ago now, that fridge is still going strong, and full of the essentials. Milk, juice, and a few bottles of water, with the full case sitting next to it.

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 04:22 PM
Is Vicente supposed to be you?

No, but it does resemble my username. I wouldn't let this happen to me.

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 04:29 PM
Hm...interesting story. But why stop playing? I dig on the initial grind up to 100...I dunno, I guess I like leveling lol.

But just out of curiosity, is your friend a klutz normally? Or did he happen to trip on something? And if his room was separate from the house, why didn't he have his own fridge? I mean, I dunno if it's just me or the area where I'm from, but most of my friends all have mini fridges in their rooms... Course, we all also played WoW religiously at one point, so leaving the room for food/drink during a raid/instance was a major no-no.

So we all invested in mini fridges. Even after leaving college, a good 3 years ago now, that fridge is still going strong, and full of the essentials. Milk, juice, and a few bottles of water, with the full case sitting next to it.

He is a sometimes-klutz, this being the sometimes. The funny thing is is that he has a mini-fridge, and I bought him soda for it. I myself have one as well. He mostly just wanted to go to his house for warmth, as his mini-cottage style room just wasn't doing it for him. The lights outside are activated from the house itself, so he had no chance to get light. Keep in mind that this is the guy that doesn't make sure the game has saved, so tripping on a rock when he could've used the DS' light isn't too much of a stretch.

HeartBreak301
Feb 19, 2010, 04:35 PM
This is no reason to stop playing, GC memory corruption was actually enough to make someone want to stop playing. Losing EVERYTHING > losing an awesome Zero Saber.

somaclast
Feb 19, 2010, 04:38 PM
Why was there a rock in your friend's house?

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 04:39 PM
This is no reason to stop playing, GC memory corruption was actually enough to make someone want to stop playing. Losing EVERYTHING > losing an awesome Zero Saber.

That has happened to me. Not out of carelessness, but not be too careful. While saving with my high-level character on New Years, my brother tripped a power cord. I was devastated, but recouped and am high above the old character now (Lv 110+).

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 04:40 PM
<sighs> Warmth is important...I suggest getting a space heater too <nods>

Chaos Rappy
Feb 19, 2010, 04:40 PM

Vicente's room is separate from his house,

This answer your question?

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 04:41 PM

His room his not part of his house. There are rocks that line a garden, and one had fallen off to steal his Zero Saber.

Chukie sue
Feb 19, 2010, 04:41 PM
While that does suck hard, I've had much MUCH worse. But yeah, I dont know why he didnt save as soon as he got it :l

VeJi
Feb 19, 2010, 04:42 PM
<sighs> Warmth is important...I suggest getting a space heater too <nods>

Again, he has that as well, guess it's not good enough for him.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 04:46 PM
Geez...well then. The insulation there must either suck ballz, or be non-existent...

I know my room, is always the hottest room in the house. Awesome during winter time, pain in the ass during summer. Rarely do I leave it...unless I have to...unless...yes...I just need to save up and build a bathroom in there...

rhubarbot
Feb 19, 2010, 04:56 PM

Weapons can have %s in all five areas. Weapons can even have multiple %s at or near 50. It just almost never happens. I myself have never seen a dropped weapon with such percents, but I have synthesized a few Hadans with bonuses in all five areas, and/or multiple near-50% bonuses.

Still, poor guy. Celeb 5 saber + Force Ride isn't a bad combination. Not the best combination, but certainly not bad. Too bad the Zero Saber's ugly and doesn't match any of the characters' outfits.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 05:02 PM
...so those Hadan's are that good, huh? I've got about 10+ fangs sitting in my bank...I should synth those and see what I get...

rhubarbot
Feb 19, 2010, 05:08 PM
Be prepared to reroll hundreds of times to get a good one, however. Unless you're extremely lucky.

Having rolled probably over 1000 Hadans in total (I don't like to think about this too much), I'd say that your chances of getting one with 5 attributes is less than 1%.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 05:37 PM
Well, I've got time ^_^

I've done that trying to figure out what stats to boost when Photon Fortifying.

Feb 19, 2010, 11:50 PM
oh that sucks, I wouldn't quit though.

johnwolf
Feb 20, 2010, 03:36 AM
WTH man. put ds flip cover down, put in pocket problem solved. i had a great 7* to but i intentualy restarted it compleatly so i could get my title rewards. i don't see how this is any different.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 20, 2010, 04:11 AM
WTH man. put ds flip cover down, put in pocket problem solved. i had a great 7* to but i intentualy restarted it compleatly so i could get my title rewards. i don't see how this is any different.

If you ever had a GODLY weapon that everyone would BEG to own themselves and lost it by mistake forever with no way to get it back rather than self-deleting a file-load of junk, you'd know the difference. One's self-commited and done remorselessly, the other's done accidentally and very much a pitiable shame.

kirtblue
Feb 20, 2010, 06:10 AM
wow that sucks sorry to hear we lost another player

VeJi
Feb 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
I read my story to him yesterday. He laughed, making it easier to accept that his treasue was gone, and got him to play. Did the Valley a few times, so he seems a little over it now.