PDA

View Full Version : Grow Shower

Haruta
Feb 20, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hey guys.
I've been using my RAmar for a while now with a Grow Shower +90. Thing is, I'm like level 21 or something, and there's still nothing that beats it in power. When would you all recommend dropping it and using something else?
I'd like to use a Handgun or Mech Gun, since I like being able to strafe and fire, so what would be good to replace it with? I have a Parpua, but like I said it's not better in terms of power. Also, I do have a lot of grinders saved up, so I could use them on something if it'd be better than my Grow Shower +90.

Arcanas
Feb 20, 2010, 04:49 PM
Wow...I didn't think that gun was that great lol. I just fed it to my mag...

Kirukia
Feb 20, 2010, 05:09 PM
Most guns with celeb will outdamage it, or you could use melee weapons. At lower levels you could use tonfa and stag cutlery.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 20, 2010, 05:13 PM
Grow shower is good for leveling your character up quickly in the beginning. They all play about the same in the first 10 levels anyway.

SneakySneaky
Feb 20, 2010, 05:14 PM
don't bother the celeb if you just start you game.... it sucks up all you meseta for real. ya grow shower is good to go, if you like it. don't switch it untill you can get something with better pa and statement.

Kirukia
Feb 20, 2010, 05:47 PM
Celeb becomes useful at 20-25 when you are beating normal mode, which is around the same time Grow Shower stops being useful for leveling.

RRyuugu
Feb 20, 2010, 10:37 PM
Actually it isn't. You're still gaining more XP with X than what enemies give. And Hand Guns have a pretty good activation rate for Elements. The Grow Shower is a pretty powerful weapon for Normal Mode so X will give a pretty big bonus.

Celeb reduces your wallet in a difficulty that can't compensate you for what you're using up. With X you're leveling faster letting access Super Hard and Hard mode in multiplayer faster. Even if you say Celeb makes you run through areas faster to get to Hard Mode which gives more XP, you can't say for certain that the XP given by a 20+ level player with X in Normal would compare to the extra XP you got in Hard Mode by getting there earlier.

The Grow Shower can even be used in Hard until you get a good Level 5 Gun.

Kirukia
Feb 20, 2010, 10:41 PM
I meant to say "when you beat normal mode"
Once you get to hard you can compensate through drops.

FoMarlBorough
Feb 20, 2010, 11:41 PM
ive found that a blaze roar can be switched to x element, procs more than grow shower, and the exp boost is bigger.

trouble is waiting for the enemy part to drop if its your 1st character.

the tachyon gun series can be lvl5 x.
also a good old lvl5 saber works as well.

on the plus side for the grow shower, the pa can rack up some nice exp, specially on bosses.

Kirukia
Feb 20, 2010, 11:44 PM
I really like the Quick Draw PA, I have to admit.

Haruta
Feb 21, 2010, 03:10 PM
Yeah, with my RAmar I'm going to stick with using guns, so no melee for him.
And I also don't like the idea of Celeb. Just don't like using up something while I attack. I'll probably get a good Handgun in Hard mode with my FOnewm or something and put Jell on it. I like the idea of being able to debuff hostiles so easily while in a party.

Arcanas
Feb 21, 2010, 03:36 PM
Well, with Celeb and higher levels of difficulty, you tend to end up making enough to offset the amount of Meseta you use. Then again, you don't really meseta for much, aside from emergency restocking of mates/flud/atomizers. And when have a weapon you like to fortify with extra photons. But you really shouldn't be worrying about that until you find your endgame drops in SH.

Some of the stuff I've sold sells for 10,000+

But while you're still grinding up to 100 or SH, whichever, I'd use X...I still use X actually...

I'm still in debate on what element to use after I hit the level cap...possibly Celeb, since I have weapons with high element levels.

Off topic note: I just saw the first 4 episodes of that anime you quoted in your signature...it's some funny stuff. I can't wait for the next disc in the mail...yay for netflix ^_^