PDA

View Full Version : Ice or Stun?

Flashrogers
Feb 21, 2010, 06:24 PM
Which element do you think is better: Ice or Stun? I usually prefer Stun but I'm interested to see what other people prefer.

Dobbin
Feb 21, 2010, 06:29 PM
Which element do you think is better: Ice or Stun? I usually prefer Stun but I'm interested to see what other people prefer.

Celeb!!!

Chaos Rappy
Feb 21, 2010, 06:42 PM
Stun. The fact that it takes only ONE attack to hit a frozen enemy and it thaw means that if you're looking to stop a foe, Stun is 1000x better.

Macman
Feb 21, 2010, 06:49 PM
Ice is basically a random boost to your attack since the next hit will do extra damage. Though if you can coordinate it well, it can be just as effective as Stun in stopping power.

GantzDetainee
Feb 21, 2010, 06:54 PM
I like stun better since you can have free hits if it kicks in.

Kirukia
Feb 21, 2010, 07:37 PM
As everyone else said, I'll have to agree with stun. Both stop the enemy, but stun lasts a lot longer than 1 hit :p

ARChan
Feb 21, 2010, 08:08 PM
Ice happens more often than Stun and it makes for really good transitional combos for you and your company. If everyone would pitch in for only ice elements or techs, imagine how tragic that would be on the enemy's POV? ^^;

pso_crash
Feb 21, 2010, 11:11 PM
If you're going to pick between ice or stun, I say go with stun. The proc rate has nothing to do with the element you use. It is actually depends on the weapon you use. Ice gives you a 30% damage bonus when you hit a frozen enemy, but stun freezes the hostile letting you get free hits for a short time. With stun, you will have time to gain a better position (get behind the hostile), use an item, or quickly switch equipment.

Quintus_The_Force
Feb 21, 2010, 11:45 PM
If you're going to pick between ice or stun, I say go with stun. The proc rate has nothing to do with the element you use. It is actually depends on the weapon you use. Ice gives you a 30% damage bonus when you hit a frozen enemy, but stun freezes the hostile letting you get free hits for a short time. With stun, you will have time to gain a better position (get behind the hostile), use an item, or quickly switch equipment.

This^^

Arcanas
Feb 21, 2010, 11:51 PM
Well, I like stun better. I mean sure, Ice gives you a damage boost, but what if a stupid NPC whacks the enemy before you get a chance to recover from your combo? Then it gets wasted for say...25 damage, where if you were to hit the frozen foe you would do say 300+...

Stun at least keeps the enemy frozen in place for a full combo at least.

The_Pup
Feb 22, 2010, 12:06 AM
I use either. If the element level is low (1-2), go with ice, because stun doesn't last that long at those levels. If it's high, go with stun. If you care about inflicting status effects: Ice is better with single-hit PAs, while stun is better for multi-hit PAs (unless the PA has another status effect on it).

I used to play around with the Flame Hit + Ice combination, was funny but somewhat useful.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 01:11 AM
I used to play around with the Flame Hit + Ice combination, was funny but somewhat useful.

Kinda funny, I have an H10 Missouri with good percents, Ice Lv3, and Flame Hit. Fun to shoot a flame breath that freezes foes somehow. XP

HeartBreak301
Feb 22, 2010, 01:13 AM
Kinda funny, I have an H10 Missouri with good percents, Ice Lv3, and Flame Hit. Fun to shoot a flame breath that freezes foes somehow. XP

Does it negate the burn effect altogether or does it just randomly freeze and burn them?

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 01:13 AM
Randomly freeze or burn them. XP

HeartBreak301
Feb 22, 2010, 01:14 AM
Sounds fun, I'll have to try that.

The_Pup
Feb 22, 2010, 01:26 AM
Flame Hit + Ice also includes a damage bonus if the ice effect was negated by heat, whereas it would just be overridden if it were stun, though stun would last if heat doesn't activate. If going for spam (if the enemy was frozen/stunned at the last hit), ice would be better as stun would be more than likely overridden anyways).

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 01:30 AM
I know. I have a Stun Lv4 Zero Rifle with Flame Hit. It's awesome; Stuns like a charm, hits a good deal of time, and even with Flame hit, the multi-hitting seems to have a good effect with the Stun, and keeps enemies that way for quite a while. Sure puts my Stun Lv4 Zero Rifle with Thriller Combo to shame. :P

leviayurashyguy
Feb 22, 2010, 07:13 PM
stun is better than ice. ice last longer, regardless of level, but ice is canceled upon next attack. stun isn't much better IMO since there are PA's (thriller combo) that have stun that last 3 times longer than level 5 stun

Kirukia
Feb 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
stun is better than ice. ice last longer, regardless of level, but ice is canceled upon next attack. stun isn't much better IMO since there are PA's (thriller combo) that have stun that last 3 times longer than level 5 stun

Bright Sign is another good one. That lasts pretty darn long o-o
Its one of the reasons it's probably my favorite PA xD

FoMarlBorough
Feb 22, 2010, 09:56 PM
stun. this time around.

back in the day...frozen shooter. but them days is gone.

Macman
Feb 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
back in the day...frozen shooter. but them days is gone.Sega got tired of all our status spam, so they made ice worthless. :-?

johnwolf
Feb 23, 2010, 03:02 PM
stun all the way. makes combo chains a breeze.

Naeyth
Feb 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
I have been using Stun elements on my equips recently and it works wonders in Hard mode Not sure about S.Hard though but I heard that elements barely make a difference in S.H mode.