PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 How to be Ubar in a Week!

Deragonite
Feb 21, 2010, 07:57 PM
Here is a guide to being Ubarz and to make most online missions a breeze to solo. This entire procedure takes about 150 hours, however compared to what other games require to be ubar, this is nothing. This guide focuses on the DeathTrap Braver (DT Braver) build, which I would argue is the best build in the game.

Create a Character:
Your ultimate goal is to create a DT Braver. As far as race is concerned, pick whatever you think is cosmetically appealing. The stat differences aren't game breaking, at least not the way DT Br should be played.

Clear Story Mode:
You'll need to clear story mode to unlock purchasable EX Traps and to get Shizuru's Twin Daggers.

Level up Ranger to 8:
You want the RA ability "Elemental Hit", which enhances the effect of status effects.

Level up Braver:
This is obvious. If you're going to be using Braver, you'll want to level it up. In particular, you'll want to level it up to the point of obtaining Burst Bomber and enough points to equip S-rank Twin Daggers and S-rank Twin Sabers.

Level up Hunter to 30 (optional):
PP Skill Save is great for Braver. With it, you can almost endlessly spam Renkai. However this is not mandatory.

Spam Magashi Mission to level up:
There's no getting around this. This is the most painful and boring part of this game. Unfortunately, it is the best way to level up. To unlock this you need to clear Story Mode, do the urgent Magashi Mission, and do Bladed Legacy free mission at Clad 6 (which has magashis) which will be unlocked after you do the urgent Magashi Mission. This will unlock the drop boosted Magashi Mission under Urgent missions. You need 5 of each Magical Stones to do this mission and you cannot have NPC's with you. For tips to clear or for more info on how to do this mission, please refer to the many previous topics which talk about the Magashi Mission.

Spam True Darkness S:
This is a great way to obtain a rainbow set of 40%+ 13* GRM Line Shields. The 13* GRM Line Shield is a great choice for Braver because it only has 13-33 less EVP than other line shields and roughly 200 more MST (since techs will always hit you). It has low DFP which compliments Braver well because you won't be getting hit by physical attacks. True Darkness S also has a high MP yield and can be almost entirely cleared by just traps.

Get a rainbow set of Twin Elysions:
This part is also boring, but it's well worth it. You will have to keep restarting the trade mission until you get the element and % you want. I personally targeted all 6 elements at 40+%. Twin Elysions are easy to obtain (30 Gold Badges each) and you should have plenty of Gold Badges from spamming True Darkness S. This is your mop up weapon for when you run out of traps and if there is only one monster left.

Get Shizuru's Twin Daggers:
To hunt for these, you'll need to be able to kill the Shizuru in the 9th story mission on Hard. Clear the mission until you fight Shizuru and deliver/get rid any scapes you may have with you. Die to Shizuru. Save. Now when you do the mission, you will immediately fight Shizuru. Kill him, if he doesn't drop the Twin Daggers, abandon so you don't have to redo the mission to fight him. It took me 7 tries, although I know people who didn't get it for awhile. You'll need patience for this.

Get an Extend Code and Extend Shizuru's Twin Daggers:
You can download the recent patch by either going online or downloading it from here and copying it to your PSP:
http://www.sega-psp2.jp/pc/mission/
You'll get 3 free extend codes just by going to the item exchange mission that you downloaded (the bottom one). I recommend doing Challenge Mode to get the 15* Twin Sabers but that is optional since you should have a set of Twin Elysions.

Level Level Level!
Keep leveling till you cap! Your EVP will be godlike and you won't be getting hit by anything but techs. You want to target to be no lower than 10 levels of whatever you're fighting.

PA's:
Get level 11+ Renkai, Blade Destruction, Shifta, Deband, and Zalure (I recommend level 20+ if you can get it). Stick with level 10 resta (very fast casting speed).

The DT Braver Build:

Equipment:
Random gun for buttons (c-rank handgun/twin-handgun is a good choice)
Shizuru's Twin Daggers (extended)
Twin Sabers (Twin Elysions/15* Twin Saber)
Rod (lvl 10 Resta, Zalure, Shifta, Deband)

Type Abilities:
Burst Bomber
Elemental Hit
PP Skill Save (OPTIONAL)
Evasion Boost (OPTIONAL)
Blast Gauge Boost (OPTIONAL)
Stun Resist (OPTIONAL depending on if you have the resist)
Freeze Resist (OPTIONAL depending on if you have the resist)
PP Boosts/recovery (OPTIONAL)

Armor:
40%+ 13* GRM Line Shields
The proper resists for whatever mission you're doing
SUV/Mirage
All extra slots can be used for ATA or EVP

Item Palette:
Monomate
Freeze Trap/Burn Trap/Confuse Trap
Freeze Trap/Burn Trap/Confuse Trap
Dimate
Burn EX
Stun EX

How to Kill Things:
It takes a little practice, but you'll need to face things when they hit you. If things hit you from behind, your EVP is 0 and you will get hit. Use Renkai's deceptively large range to your advantage. Kill with Shizuru's Twin Daggers. If there are large spawns/dangerous spawns, use an EX Trap. If you use a burn EX Trap, you can run around the spawn to avoid getting hit and keep them in the trap. If you use a Stun, get in there and Renkai/Blade Destruction. Large monsters cannot be killed with death. You'll want to use a combination of traps and Blade Destruction. In tech heavy areas, Stun EX and Confuse traps are your friends. Confuse traps make enemy techs ineffective (they will go right through you and do 0 damage). Also, Deband is more crucial to have on your character than Shifta is (usually). Deband helps you hit the breaking points in EVP to nullify the enemy attacks. Keep it on as much as possible.

PS:
Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have things/tips you'd like to add please do. This guide is far from all-encompassing and focuses on a DT Braver build. I know that there are many ways to play the game and this is only one of them ;)

THOTH
Feb 21, 2010, 09:30 PM
Yay for boring ubar mode! At least some work goes into getting it....

I'm surprised twin elysions are so easy to obtain, to be honest they're a really good weapon for all classes.

$5 says by US release this won't work so well.

Pillan
Feb 21, 2010, 09:41 PM
Freeze/Stun Resist:

You can get Freeze, Stun, and Anti-Down by running Chapter 10 five times. It's way better to do this than waste ability slots on them. Sleep is harder since it depends on fighting rare mobs or a rare boss, but most Parum and Moatoob rare mobs drop it between levels 50 and 100. You'll need Sleep for White Beast and that long SEED-AMF mission. (Or just 2 more levels of Ranger for it.)

...As far as betting on changes in the US version, I'd raise that a few hundred bucks. I'm confident that it won't really change.

ShinMaruku
Feb 21, 2010, 10:51 PM
Quite a few things change in the us versions of games.
Mega Man Devil May Cry Silhouette Mirage are key examples of that.

Not quest sure what balance changes will occur but some difficulty changes are there.
But that all depends who from Sega is doing this deal.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 21, 2010, 11:38 PM
Quite a few things change in the us versions of games.
Mega Man Devil May Cry Silhouette Mirage are key examples of that.

Not quest sure what balance changes will occur but some difficulty changes are there.
But that all depends who from Sega is doing this deal.

Name one Sega game that changed anything for the US version. Yeah, you can't.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2010, 12:26 AM
All of the Virtua fighters say hi on that part.
Hell the old Phantasy Star games have a few changes.

Weather this will nessitate changes is beyond me but there is a history of some changes in games due to the fact that western games tend to be harder on the US version DMC and Mega Man are extreme examples as were the MGS games.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 22, 2010, 01:48 AM
All of the Virtua fighters say hi on that part.
Hell the old Phantasy Star games have a few changes.

Weather this will nessitate changes is beyond me but there is a history of some changes in games due to the fact that western games tend to be harder on the US version DMC and Mega Man are extreme examples as were the MGS games.

You mean like how Virtua Fighter on the PS3 didn't get online mode? Yeah, great change.

Izuna
Feb 22, 2010, 04:34 AM
You mean like how Virtua Fighter on the PS3 didn't get online mode? Yeah, great change.

It didn't have online mode in Japan anyway.

They gave us the Xbox 360 version. With online and version C.

Volcompat321
Feb 22, 2010, 05:54 AM
Name one Sega game that changed anything for the US version. Yeah, you can't.

You trollin', or are you serious?

Because I seem to remember PS:P1 had some changes.
You know, like DLC.
A major part of the game.

If you're trollin' then :wacko:

Izuna
Feb 22, 2010, 08:00 AM
You trollin', or are you serious?

Because I seem to remember PS:P1 had some changes.
You know, like DLC.
A major part of the game.

If you're trollin' then :wacko:

He meant positive changes.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2010, 09:46 AM

The US version had a second iteration of the gaming engine. It was not type alpha.
Revised balance changes were all in the US version since it was on the arcades.

Pillan
Feb 22, 2010, 11:18 AM
Okay, okay. I'm sure there will be some changes to the US version. I'm sure they'll remove all the password items and Pizza Hut, and I'm sure there won't be any events on the US servers. Perhaps they'll even remove online mode entirely?

As far as weapon rebalances, well, looking along the line from PSO to PSZ, that's never happened and it never will. The US version of PSU doesn't even have the rebalances that the Japanese version has had for almost a year now.

Volcompat321
Feb 22, 2010, 03:11 PM
He meant positive changes.

Well that makes more sense to me now. lol.
Thanks.

W0LB0T
Feb 23, 2010, 04:02 AM
This entire procedure takes about 150 hours

so you're suggesting playing the game for twenty one and a half hours a day for a week.

Izuna
Feb 23, 2010, 04:54 AM
As far as weapon rebalances, well, looking along the line from PSO to PSZ, that's never happened and it never will.

PSO ver 2, Episode 1 & 2 [Plus], Blue Burst, Episode IV

PSU is a game where it is updated server side frequently, things need to be translated, and there is an order for when things need releasing.

Not to mention the US servers are in Japan.

Mike
Feb 23, 2010, 05:36 AM
Are what? While each version was tweaked from the previous version, the balance of each regional localization was the same across all localizations.

Izuna
Feb 23, 2010, 07:45 AM
While each version was tweaked from the previous version, the balance of each regional localization was the same across all localizations.

no shit

Pillan
Feb 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
If it wasn't clear from the context, I was talking about rebalances within different region releases for each game, not rebalances for weapons in later versions of the game. Also, version 2 didn't rebalance any characters or weapons, but added stronger ones for the new Ultimate mode (e.g., Lavis Cannon sucked in that game). The first real rebalance was on Game Cube.

PSU is a game where it is updated server side frequently, things need to be translated, and there is an order for when things need releasing.
Virtually all the system updates up to the release of AoI were out of sync with the Japanese update order due to the slow release of major events on the US servers. Even stranger than that, the US servers got Rainbow Beast S before the Japanese for some odd reason. So, I'd dare to say that argument is invalid and the slow release has more to do with low profit than anything else.

ShinMaruku
Feb 23, 2010, 12:47 PM
I'd put it to the fact that Sonic Team and Sega's translation teams being incompetent.
How Sega is run regardless of how 'low' the profit seems they are still making their money hand over fist in most regards.

Sega is probably better at managing their operating cost versus profit ration than friggin activison.

Tycho
Feb 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
A few things to add:
- password/DL items are extremely useful early on, as their level requirement is lower than it should be (not to mention you can reset to get good percentages on the former).
- change L20 to L21 for PAs; these you can get from L100+ monsters (= A missions) or using L100+ characters (trade mission).
- as for units, Anti Up is cool for offline (although you'll quickly need to take off the armor before recasting S/D)
- blast gauge boost seems negligible to me...
- for EX missions, where you're not allowed to die, half defense and recovery boost are good too

For those wanting to split tasks online, instead of going BR you could also just buy the traps anyway and drop them for the BR as needed.

Izuna
Feb 24, 2010, 01:56 AM
If it wasn't clear from the context, I was talking about rebalances within different region releases for each game, not rebalances for weapons in later versions of the game. Also, version 2 didn't rebalance any characters or weapons, but added stronger ones for the new Ultimate mode (e.g., Lavis Cannon sucked in that game). The first real rebalance was on Game Cube.

In Version 2, weapons were banned.
Episode 1&2 added ep2 and unbanned weapons; the biggest change was giving secret weapons unique appearances and giving them red drops.
The rebalancing amount was about the same, if not better for Version 2.

-- by the way, it would be VERY unfair if the USA version pre patch was rebalanced without the JP version being patched, even then, what about those who don't have wireless?

Deragonite
Feb 24, 2010, 02:10 AM
so you're suggesting playing the game for twenty one and a half hours a day for a week.

Yes lol :p I thought it was funny when I made the topic name.