PDA

View Full Version : If you could ONLY PICK 2 Protect Units to Equip, what would they be?

Quintus_The_Force
Feb 22, 2010, 12:01 AM
#1:Slow Protect - The most ANNOYING effect in the game IMO! рс

#2:Stun Protect - Nothing like not be able to strike back, I hate it aswell

I infact dont have any Protect Units Equipped, though I have one of each in my bank, I just get mad everytime, Im slow or stunned...as mentioned in that other thread I encourage Burns ha ha, and I dont mind being frozen, sometimes it freezes me in awkward positions and it looks cool, and the freeze colors my wep, i like being frozen :D

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hmm...I like...Slow, and Ice.

Being a melee character, having slowed attacks and movements is just as bad as being stunned, but at least while you're stunned you still have your full movement speed to get away and recover, so that's why I went with slow instead of stun.

Ice because, for some reason, I tend to get frozen more often then anything else. And same deal, being up front, getting iced and coming close to taking a big hit...it could suck.

A bit off topic, but the biggest hit I've taken was 800+ and survived... With 1 hp left...lol

rhubarbot
Feb 22, 2010, 12:21 AM
I always keep ice protect and slow protect in my inventory. I use the former full-time in every level with ice traps and for humilias, and the latter for paru, reyburn, and humilias. I've also been experimenting with light protect to see how well it performs. Stun, I don't use, because the effect is so short-lived.

You don't really need protect units, but I find they offer you a freedom of movement that improves level-clearing speed moreso, on average, than just doing ~5 extra damage per hit. You can just charge through everything and completely ignore the ice traps instead of trying to avoid them (and inevitably getting caught and frozen). Slow protect improves DPS on bosses by saving you from having to dodge and reposition as much.

HeartBreak301
Feb 22, 2010, 12:52 AM
Cure Slow and Freeze for me, slow is just irritating, and freeze can get you killed. At least you can move while stunned.

The_Pup
Feb 22, 2010, 01:06 AM
1) Ice.
2) Confuse

Only exception I'd really consider changing this up in is during Humilas (confuse for slow).

Slow isn't that bad as it's just a simple Anti to fix. Stun? At least I can run away. Confuse, I can anti away, but it's much more annoying when I have Anti swapped for something else (in the worst of cases I start praying to the RNG to lead me to somewhere safe while rolling around).

HeartBreak301
Feb 22, 2010, 01:08 AM
Slow is a major nuisance to me being a Cast, I can't anti spam and sols are limited. As for confuse, its very managable. If this was PSO, I would have thrown confuse in for one of my choices but in PSZ you can roll the direction you want to move when confused and can also swing the direction you want.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 01:09 AM
Ice and Stun. The only two you can't simply remove while being afflicted/can't cast Anti to remove (respectively). Slow is annoying, indeed, as is Light, but you can easily Sol/Anti yourself while you have those. Ice and Stun, not so much. :P

HeartBreak301
Feb 22, 2010, 01:12 AM
Stun has never really concerned me. For some reason when I get stunned I can keep on attacking if I was stunned mid-combo. Plus it only lasts like 2 seconds, short enough to where I don't care.

GantzDetainee
Feb 22, 2010, 02:45 AM
I'd go for Ice and Slow since I'm almost always killed when I'm inflicted with these two status.

Kirukia
Feb 22, 2010, 03:13 AM
Ice and Slow.
I almost always have ice on anyway.
I picked slow for the next because Humilias uses ice and slow. I figured those are the two most common status effects I come across anyway.

Cruciarius
Feb 22, 2010, 10:10 AM
Ice is the only one I'd ever use. The other status effects are easily curable with anti.

rhubarbot
Feb 22, 2010, 10:21 AM
Ice is the only one I'd ever use. The other status effects are easily curable with anti.

Yeah, but that means you have to sacrifice a palette slot for Anti.

Cruciarius
Feb 22, 2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah, but that means you have to sacrifice a palette slot for Anti.

Sacrifice? I wouldn't say that. What else is worth putting on the palette in it's place? Not fluids or mates. Not moon atomizers or sol atomizers.

For my HUnewearl, my palette is:

heavy attack / roll / normal attack
resta / nothing / anti

Just started her though, so haven't decided what to put in the middle of the 2nd palette.

For my FOnewearl:

attack tech / roll / attack tech
resta / normal attack / anti

Been a while since I played my RAcaseal, so unsure what I have on her palette right now.

Fluids, mates and if really needed, the atomizers can all be easily accessed via L + start. No need for them on the palette.

l3iohazard
Feb 22, 2010, 02:21 PM
ice of course... nothing really else matters

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 02:53 PM
But I can't cast techs...I'm a cast...healing items have to be on my palette...and heal traps...always gotta have a full stock of heal traps. Though, I hate the fact that the caseals get to hold 10 heal traps while casts are just stuck with 5

Quintus_The_Force
Feb 22, 2010, 03:19 PM
My Pallette is

Shrine =
Resta/HeavyATCK/LightATCK
Shifta/Megid/Jellen
I swap out Megid for Zonde during second half, then swap out Zonde for Deband during Trinity

Everywhere else=
Resta/HeavyAtck/LightAtck
Foi/Zonde/Barta
Sometimes I swap the least useful spell for either Shifta if I dont need Jellen, or Jellen If I need it and someone else is casting Shifta :)

Im probably weird huh :P

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
I've seen worse. One of my good friends, he prefers to be full on support. Never have I seen him with attacks on his palette.

Cruciarius
Feb 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
But I can't cast techs...I'm a cast...healing items have to be on my palette...and heal traps...always gotta have a full stock of heal traps. Though, I hate the fact that the caseals get to hold 10 heal traps while casts are just stuck with 5

Cast trap amount is lvl based. I could have sworn my HUcast could hold 7 heal traps, at lvl 70-something, but I deleted him to make a HUnewearl.

A cast's palette should be something like:

heal traps / sol atomizers / :-?

Don't know about the 3rd spot for the 2nd palette. As I said, mates and fluids can be easily accessed with L + start. I'd do that for at least the mates, so maybe fluids to regain PP or moon atomizers to revive NPCs, on the 2nd palette. Either way, their is no need to load up on status resist units. Most of all, when not all areas have all effects. A simple trap vision would allow you to avoid most, if not all, traps that cause status effects.

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cast trap amount is lvl based. I could have sworn my HUcast could hold 7 heal traps, at lvl 70-something, but I deleted him to make a HUnewearl.

My HUcast is level 90+ most heal traps I can hold is 5. I have my DS open in front of me, and at the shop, the 5 is red, meaning I'm at capacity. I know the caseals can hold 10 at 100, but if I remember right, a cast can hold more ice and light traps then the other traps.

Heal traps can also revive NPC's. Rarely do I use my PP outside of boss fights, and with my luck, Sarisa will never heal me. The only time she's done that, is when she's also critically injured...of course, she'll only heal the rest of the party AFTER she's brought herself back to full health -_-

So, essentially, I'm on my own...needing to heal myself. And I don't like wasting moon atomizers on NPC's who revive as soon as I change blocks. If it really gets desperate during a boss fight and they're all near each other, a heal trap will suffice, since they're cheaper than moons.

Casts can also see traps without use of a trap vision, and I usually have ???? protect items on so I just run through the traps. Trap visions are just a waste of inventory space for me.

Cruciarius
Feb 22, 2010, 04:03 PM
I can't believe I suggested trap visions to a cast. Such a newb move. ^^;

Anyway, I suggested the moon atomizers for reviving NPCs, mainly during a boss fight. Save the heal traps for yourself, when you think you're about to die. As you said, you can only hold 5. Why waste them on NPCs, when you have 10 moon atomizers.

As for costs of moon atomizers vs heal traps... really? It's meseta. Meseta is nearly useless, aside from celeb, doing things like making enemy parts into weapons and changing elements on weapons. Personally, I have over 10 million meseta in my joint trunk. I wouldn't worry about moon atomizer or heal trap costs.

Just checked my RAcaseal's palette:

moon atomizer / heal trap / dimates

I haven't played her in a while. After I started playing my FO a lot more, I began using the L + start method of getting to mates and fluids, so I'll be changing that dimate on my RAcaseal's palette to... something else. Maybe burn traps, since I hear they're the only other useful trap.

jackduffybailey
Feb 22, 2010, 04:05 PM
yea, defiantly slow and ice.:D
man i need ice, i have light and slow but i cant seem to find others

(oh and F*** YOU humilias:argh:)

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 04:11 PM
yea, defiantly slow and ice.:D
man i need ice, i have light and slow but i cant seem to find others

(oh and F*** YOU humilias:argh:)

I had a second Ice protect, but I ended up giving it to one of my close friends yesterday...

SneakySneaky
Feb 22, 2010, 04:17 PM
right... slow and ice, only these two protect are in need which humilas can pretty much kill you after you are in slow motion and frozen status everytime.

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 04:17 PM
You can hold 10 Moons? Must be a cast thing, cause I can only hold 5 ^_^

I'm getting up there in Meseta as well, but after playing PSO for years, I've gotten into the habit of leaving my meseta in the bank, so I never have it on me...

As for using heal traps when I'm about to die, I'm usually in mid combo before I die, or frozen, or some other method of incapacitation... And then there's the issue of my R button sticking. So that would actually amount to a lot of screw ups, R button fail -_-

Tolly7249
Feb 22, 2010, 04:18 PM
Ice, especially for Humilias. Owwie. Freezing is bad, m'kay?

Confuse, because I'm the party healer and being able to pick my direction is important!

Slow doesn't bother me overmuch and Stun hasn't got a long enough duration to really bother me, Burn and Poison are irritating but survivable.

jackduffybailey
Feb 22, 2010, 04:19 PM
You can hold 10 Moons? Must be a cast thing, cause I can only hold 5 ^_^

I'm getting up there in Meseta as well, but after playing PSO for years, I've gotten into the habit of leaving my meseta in the bank, so I never have it on me...

As for using heal traps when I'm about to die, I'm usually in mid combo before I die, or frozen, or some other method of incapacitation... And then there's the issue of my R button sticking. So that would actually amount to a lot of screw ups, R button fail -_-

wat??

jackduffybailey
Feb 22, 2010, 04:25 PM
Ice, especially for Humilias. Owwie. Freezing is bad, m'kay?

Confuse, because I'm the party healer and being able to pick my direction is important!

Slow doesn't bother me overmuch and Stun hasn't got a long enough duration to really bother me, Burn and Poison are irritating but survivable.

1. you can easily heal those other ones with anti
2. when fighting humilias, if you are frozen you get big damage, if you are slowed, you try to heal but get big damage
3. when healing, either anti or resta, their charged versions go in a circle, direction not needed
4. if you press start to go into the menu when confused, you don't continue to run around

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 04:31 PM
wat??

lol..that post was directed at Cruciarius...

Cruciarius
Feb 22, 2010, 04:53 PM
lol..that post was directed at Cruciarius...

And I was thinking of sol atomizers... those you can hold 10 of. Only 5 moons, but still. I'd save the heal traps for the possibility of your own death.

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 05:04 PM
And I was thinking of sol atomizers... those you can hold 10 of. Only 5 moons, but still. I'd save the heal traps for the possibility of your own death.

Well, like I said, when I usually die, I don't have the time to go and set up a heal trap, since I'm usually at full HP, and get locked in hit stun

Gold Slime
Feb 22, 2010, 05:08 PM
Stun just because its the only one I have.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 22, 2010, 07:27 PM
ice and light, it makes the trek through plant easier since i tend to forget to use trap vision

Wgurgh
Feb 22, 2010, 07:53 PM
I now have all of the protect units, have never used light, dark, or stun. I use heat in valley with my RAcast so I can activate the traps on the enemies sometimes. Ice in Rioh because that is all to worry about IIRC, same deal setting off traps on purpose for extra damage. I use slow in Paru because I always forget to swap it before the boss.

The ONLY time I can imagine having 2 protects equipped at once would be for Humilias, and I just try to forget that the plant even exists. Keeps the nightmares at bay...

ARChan
Feb 22, 2010, 10:19 PM
1) Dark
2) Heat

As a user who likes to abuse guns to the fullest, poison and burn causes quite a few problems for me. The first is the fact that poison can cause guns to jam. If the poison hits you in the animation before you fire, your gun will jam for that part of the combo. I verified that this is only for guns. Melee, PAs, techs, and PBs are safe. As for Burn, the flinching aspect just annoys me.

Tolly7249
Feb 22, 2010, 11:58 PM
3. when healing, either anti or resta, their charged versions go in a circle, direction not needed

Still doesn't help when they're at one end of a big boss fight room and Confuse has me running off to the other, now does it? :-D

rhubarbot
Feb 23, 2010, 01:01 AM
Sacrifice? I wouldn't say that. What else is worth putting on the palette in it's place? Not fluids or mates. Not moon atomizers or sol atomizers.

For my HUnewearl

Well, there's your problem. :-D

Oh wait:

For my FOnewearl:

attack tech / roll / attack tech
resta / normal attack / anti

Bbbbbbut.....Shifta? :-o