PDA

View Full Version : Mag and Material Reccomendations?

SilverFoxR
Feb 22, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hello again, ladies and gents.

I've been looking around the different guide sections, but I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. They had it for PSO, so I thought someone would have done it for PSZ.

I was wondering what the reccomended Mag stats and Material use is per character? I was thinking of resetting my materials at some point and restarting them as well as maybe training up a new Mag if I need to... and also figuring out what I should do for my other characters.

I'd like to hear from all of you... whether you know the reccomended line-up or have a good general idea of what would be best.

x3leggedracer
Feb 22, 2010, 03:31 PM
what are you playing as?

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 03:33 PM
Well, like I'm always saying, find something that fits your play style. Let's take my HUcast for example: I like using swords. Those tend to have quite a lower accuracy. So, in order to compensate for that, and land consecutive hits, I went 35 Power materials, and 45 Hit materials.

My mag is a 50/0/50/0 Wyn with the Ruffian nature, so there's a chance of it casting Shifta on me every now and then, and a 100% chance of it getting cast on me when my PB gauge fills up.

If I were to change weapons to something more accurate, like..let's say a Hadan Bite, I'll prolly change my setup to focus more on power, but I think I'll keep my mag.

Definitely when I get to 100, my setup will most likely change, I'm not sure what it will be, but it will most likely depend on what weapon I decide to use at the time.

Sylth
Feb 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
The materials are pretty obvious, they go like this:

Humar: max power
Humarl: max power
Ramar: max power
Ramarl: max power
Fomar: max mind - maybe power if you want to go a melee force.
Fomarl: max mind

All casts should be max power, or max Hp if you want a tank.

Hunewm: max power
Hunewearl: max power or max evasion
Fonewm: max mind
Fonewearl max mind

Mags should be the same as mats, unless you want some accuracy for when you start SH. The only exceptions to this are:
Hunewearl, if it's full evade mats it's full power
Casts, if they're full HP it's full power.
melee forces with max power mats should be 100 mst.

SilverFoxR
Feb 22, 2010, 05:02 PM
The materials are pretty obvious, they go like this:

Humar: max power
Humarl: max power
Ramar: max power
Ramarl: max power
Fomar: max mind - maybe power if you want to go a melee force.
Fomarl: max mind

All casts should be max power, or max Hp if you want a tank.

Hunewm: max power
Hunewearl: max power or max evasion
Fonewm: max mind
Fonewearl max mind

Mags should be the same as mats, unless you want some accuracy for when you start SH. The only exceptions to this are:
Hunewearl, if it's full evade mats it's full power
Casts, if they're full HP it's full power.
melee forces with max power mats should be 100 mst.

Well, I know about the existance of "full damage" builds in where you just outright max out all the damage stats... but I mean a reccomended, well-balanced build per class.

For example, in PSO, they reccomended a HUcast to have the following end-goal stats on their Mag to be like this:
DEF 25
POW 125
DEX 50
MIND 0
Power of course was the big one, but they needed some accuracy as well, being the class with the lowest accuracy of all the Hunters.

I'd like to see what the overall reccomended builds are... and not just "max out your power for everything".

Google
Feb 22, 2010, 05:29 PM
Well, I know about the existance of "full damage" builds in where you just outright max out all the damage stats... but I mean a reccomended, well-balanced build per class.

For example, in PSO, they reccomended a HUcast to have the following end-goal stats on their Mag to be like this:
DEF 25
POW 125
DEX 50
MIND 0
Power of course was the big one, but they needed some accuracy as well, being the class with the lowest accuracy of all the Hunters.

I'd like to see what the overall reccomended builds are... and not just "max out your power for everything".
Maxed power is almost always recommended in this game. Putting materials in defense doesn't really help because you need 5 points (some people have said 6) to decrease damage by one point. You will probably need to increase your ATA with units or a Mag when you start super though.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
Always use mats if you're going to use Power/ATP, as unlike with Mag ATP and Unit ATP, mat/base ATP is affected by Shifta.

Also, don't waste slot units on anything related to hit. The "Hit" units are only 3/5 as effective in their stat as the other units (such as Divine/Hit only giving 15 ATA, unlike Divine/Power's 25 ATP).

Your best bet is to use mats for Power, use Mag for Power/ATA if you need the ATA, and any other stats (even more Power) go with units, perhaps. The only REAL thing that should be noted is that all mats should be power, and never use mats or units for ATA-increasing, as they're just a waste.

SilverFoxR
Feb 22, 2010, 05:49 PM
Always use mats if you're going to use Power/ATP, as unlike with Mag ATP and Unit ATP, mat/base ATP is affected by Shifta.

Also, don't waste slot units on anything related to hit. The "Hit" units are only 3/5 as effective in their stat as the other units (such as Divine/Hit only giving 15 ATA, unlike Divine/Power's 25 ATP).

Your best bet is to use mats for Power, use Mag for Power/ATA if you need the ATA, and any other stats (even more Power) go with units, perhaps. The only REAL thing that should be noted is that all mats should be power, and never use mats or units for ATA-increasing, as they're just a waste.

So if I want boosts in ATA, should I boost it on my Mag instead of with mats/units?

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 05:54 PM
Yes, that's what would be best.

SilverFoxR
Feb 22, 2010, 06:14 PM
What do you think a good boost for a Mag would be to incorporate a decent enough power to accuracy ratio for a HUmar such as my main?

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 06:15 PM
Humars have the lowest ATA of the Hunter class... it's a shame, but they manage, with some good ATP too. For them , I would think that the basical 50/50 Power/Hit would be advised at least. They don't have TOO low of ATA, but they still may have a hard time hitting when going straight to SH at the lower levels.

SilverFoxR
Feb 22, 2010, 06:18 PM
Interesting... so I should possibly focus on all Power mats, then make a 50/50 Atp/Ata Mag... sounds reasonable.

What about other classes?