PDA

View Full Version : I want some opinions on the Force Characters

Lancen
Feb 24, 2010, 09:04 AM
I've been playing PSO since the Dreamcast days and I've always had no problem with Force. They've always been my fortee in the series and am usually the only one among my friends to play one. Now I've been having a lot of trouble powering up my FOmarl. Not to mention the huge disadvantage of not being able to recover PP which adds much more to my problems. Have forces been powered down or what? I don't remember having much trouble with Force characters at ALL in the old games.

Opodomus
Feb 24, 2010, 09:14 AM
Many people have been complaining that forces are too strong, actually. Make sure you are using different techniques to find the enemy's weakness. You should also consider using your weapons more often. Force weapons deal damage based of your MST stat, so using either a rod, wand, or slicer to attack is very viable. FOmarls have the highest ATA of any force, so consider a slicer when you find one. If you find a wand with Magical Sign as a photon art or a slicer with Bright Sign as a photon art try those out, you'll like them.

If you aren't enjoying your force, try a hunter. Not only are they considered the class "for beginners" but in general people seem to think they are the strongest class (with rangers being the weakest). With a force you will actually get more power than a hunter and easier since your technique disks are so easy to find, but if you somehow get an insanely powerful hunter weapon then your hunter will kill faster.

Lancen
Feb 24, 2010, 10:47 AM
Many people have been complaining that forces are too strong, actually. Make sure you are using different techniques to find the enemy's weakness. You should also consider using your weapons more often. Force weapons deal damage based of your MST stat, so using either a rod, wand, or slicer to attack is very viable. FOmarls have the highest ATA of any force, so consider a slicer when you find one. If you find a wand with Magical Sign as a photon art or a slicer with Bright Sign as a photon art try those out, you'll like them.

If you aren't enjoying your force, try a hunter. Not only are they considered the class "for beginners" but in general people seem to think they are the strongest class (with rangers being the weakest). With a force you will actually get more power than a hunter and easier since your technique disks are so easy to find, but if you somehow get an insanely powerful hunter weapon then your hunter will kill faster.
The thing is when I used to play PSO it was never this hard with Forces. I had a FOnewearl and a FOmar and I never had trouble with fluids/weapons/techinques and such. Maybe I am too old for this now... :lol: Either way I find myself turning to weapons instead of techinques since my PP is depleted quickly. Not to mention the damage is not that higher than weapons I use. I also know that the weapons of Force raise your MST. My HUnewm is using a Caduceus since it has X Level 3 so I've been gaining levels like crazy in little time. Plus I can keep those weaklings Kai/Sarisa/Ogi healed all the time with Resta by equiping a Caduceus. It's a breeze with my HUnewem. As for ranger I've never been much a ranger person I only leveled my RAmarl to 86 in PSO for GC so I don't recall much. I made a RAcaseal this time around and with my rifles I don't have to waste any dimates/trimates throughout the whole stage until boss fights so it's also super easy for me.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I'm gonna post my stats and maybe you can give me some tips or something.

FOmarl
Level 11
Weapon - Heat Rod with 33% Machine Heat Lv2. No Photon Art obvz.
Armor - Shield Robe +8 with 2 Hero HP and 1 Ace HP.
Mag - Deegh
Power - 15
Guard - 3
Hit - 5
Mind - 14

I am gonna work on the Guard to at least level 10 or 15 and the rest will be mind.

ATP - 81
DFP - 92
ATA - 195
EVP - 136
MST - 160

Opodomus
Feb 24, 2010, 11:04 AM
Well for one thing, you have 15 levels of power on your force. If you want to do more damage, you should have mind. Power does nothing for you! Guard and Hit are good if you want to melee more, which might be best for you at your early levels. Keep watching the items you get for better elements (that X element is great at low levels) and consider slotting your armor with offensive armor units. Complete all the side quests so that you get more experience before moving on to harder enemies.

You could always do what I did and level up your hunter to farm force gear then start your force off with full mind mats, a 100 mind mag, PA Compress, Tech Save lvl 3, PP Restore lvl 5, Divine/Mind, and a 4 slot pizza box and max grinded pizza :)

Tolly7249
Feb 24, 2010, 11:23 AM
Get a Slicer, pump as much Magic into your MAG as possible, use Photon Drops to buy as many Mind and PP materials as you can get, and abuse Shifta. Apart from healing, you shouldn't need your Techniques much until you hit the final areas of the game. And that's when you should be finding PP Restore units. :D

Seriously, my FOmarl is so easy to use it's almost embarassing. (My RAmarl is shamefully easy to, especially since I found a good handgun with Fire Shot. Mwahahahaha.)

Lancen
Feb 24, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hmm thank you for all these wonderful tips. I should be re-planning my game strategy sometime soon and letting you guys know how it's going now. I appreciate this tons.

Kirukia
Feb 24, 2010, 01:22 PM
If your melee attacks are doing about the same as your techs, I'm assuming your force is fairly low leveled. Techniques don't usually become effective until super hard mode, when weapons miss a lot and you can use high level techs, as well as find them. Technique spamming is the most efficient way for a force to do damage, but it doesn't become practical until later on.
I'd suggest sticking to melee until around 60, but remember that wands, rods, and slicers use MST in PSZ, not ATP :]

johnwolf
Feb 24, 2010, 01:35 PM
Get a Slicer, pump as much Magic into your MAG as possible, use Photon Drops to buy as many Mind and PP materials as you can get, and abuse Shifta. Apart from healing, you shouldn't need your Techniques much until you hit the final areas of the game. And that's when you should be finding PP Restore units. :D

Seriously, my FOmarl is so easy to use it's almost embarassing. (My RAmarl is shamefully easy to, especially since I found a good handgun with Fire Shot. Mwahahahaha.)

how are you able to hit things??????

Kirukia
Feb 24, 2010, 01:39 PM
I'm guessing they aren't on super hard yet, or they just use it for bosses :p
Once you hit super hard, if you want to use a slicer, you need hit. There is just no way to get around it unless you want to use all divine/hit in your slots, which isn't as effective as all divine/minds.

Donnikun
Feb 24, 2010, 02:07 PM
may people claim Forces are OP in this game, well im a FOMar with a slicer, and i do admit, its pretty easy until SH, when you start getting brutally beaten by helions. I think its not so much what is OP rather than what is just your style.

I redid my alts and went with the whole FOmar, HUmar, and RAmar build, i didnt really care too much to play through slightly different storylines, i just wanted to play the three "mars" and made em all me lol anyway the RAmar people say was nerfed, but i actually have a fairly easy time playing one, the bosses are hard, but getting to the bosses at least for me was easier than on my FOmar.

Astropuyo
Feb 24, 2010, 02:54 PM
You have a very young force. I know for a bloody facts early forces with NO support (meaning no twinking new chars, first char) were a real trouble to level up in PSO.

Really as you go on, you don't really run out of fluids, and if you are you are nuking entirely too much. Which brings me to this point.

As a force, don't spam you techs. Get a PP regen unit and it'll help slightly.

Most of all, yes forces have always been this way. Carry alot of telepipes.
Just like PSO.

Akaimizu
Feb 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Super Hard is where my FOmar pretty much needed to start boosting the attributes with the modifiers. You could get by on a FOmar and not use a single material to boost your stats until Super Hard. If you still plant to not go all nuke and still be able to whack em, that's the time you need to burn up materials on Attack Accuracy and look for better ATA weapons if you haven't collected them already. That is, if that is your strategy.

Windancer
Feb 24, 2010, 04:00 PM
HMMMM. this is funny I thought forces were harder to play in the original games from dreamcast. At least I knew them as 1 hit wonders LOL. I took a force in PSZ and have a great time playing and dont seem to die near as much. as far as PP regen goes you can pick up a PP regen for armor slot. I have some but never use them I just dont want to get rid of the Compress PA, Divine mind, PA save and Tech save I have equipped in my armor slots. the regen doesnt seem to worth it. Probably my only complaint for forces is that Trifluid seems to only be available from teh sewer. at least ive never seen it in the main shop. But Force is my favorite character out of the 3 I started

Chaos Rappy
Feb 24, 2010, 04:06 PM
Probably my only complaint for forces is that Trifluid seems to only be available from teh sewer. at least ive never seen it in the main shop.

You can't buy Trifluids ANYWHERE in the game. Not from the shop, not in the sewers.

Also, a thing to note, but you can actually get more DPS from adding a PP Recovery Lv5 (or even a Lv4) tha a Divine/Mind simply because you'll be able to use more techs in the long run before HAVING to use Fluids, in which the combined damge from the added techs would exceed that of the additional MST with just the Divine/Mind. I would say the Div/Mind is probably more useful in boss fights, though, where you usually don't run out of PP fast enough for the damage NOT to help. :P

Astropuyo
Feb 24, 2010, 05:00 PM
After using PP recov 4 (As that's all I have atm) I'm finding it useless.
For a force that is. The few PP you gain per "tick" (what is it like 5 seconds?) that's barely worth using compared to say a MST or Tech boost.

Just my two cents.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 24, 2010, 05:06 PM
Try high-leveled character tech Spamming, especially with a Tech Save unit on. You'll notice that you can cast more spells than in a normal round with the Divine/Mind, and the Divine/Mind's MST increase doesn't compare to the damage that can be added with the extra tech castings from the PP Recovery unit. :P

Kirukia
Feb 24, 2010, 06:00 PM
PP Rec 4 is actually very helpful for things like tower. I tend to get distracted a lot, so I let it sit for a few minutes and when I come back, all my PP is recovered xD
But about Trifluids, that's why I collect mine. I have 100+ rofl. I don't need them on my hunter or ranger sooo. I just collect all the trifluids for my force and soon I'll probably start using them. Since shes level 100 she probably won't need too many fluids anyway.

Astropuyo
Feb 24, 2010, 06:09 PM
The PP gained from the little burst, once again every 5 seconds is 5 pp (max PPrecov) that's a whopping 20 pp for 20 seconds.

Now add in the MST dmg as you go up, you use less PP due to the fact things are dying much faster.

Seems logical that PP recovery would be good if not great however the time it takes for 20 pp is retarded at best and near waste of a slot. Not to say I don't carry around both Recovs, I just use them while "resting".

Once again, dmg done and kills at a faster rate would most definately be better than a 1 PP per sec. As a force I have a vast amount of PP and even if I did use them in combat situation the gain would be about as good as a resta by the time the battle is over.

Do the math on your chars PP and figure out just how much time it'll take to fill your bar, let alone a spell. As a newmi I suppose it would be a bit better, but really. It's quite shallow of a gain.

johnwolf
Feb 24, 2010, 08:32 PM
PP Rec 4 is actually very helpful for things like tower. I tend to get distracted a lot, so I let it sit for a few minutes and when I come back, all my PP is recovered xD
But about Trifluids, that's why I collect mine. I have 100+ rofl. I don't need them on my hunter or ranger sooo. I just collect all the trifluids for my force and soon I'll probably start using them. Since shes level 100 she probably won't need too many fluids anyway.

my HUcast has a fluid addiction then. i end up using my di and mono fluids fast and using the trifluids. plus tri's make item usage less.

ps. no i do not PA spam. it just happens some time.

Kirukia
Feb 24, 2010, 08:38 PM
my HUcast has a fluid addiction then. i end up using my di and mono fluids fast and using the trifluids. plus tri's make item usage less.

ps. no i do not PA spam. it just happens some time.

I use a HUnewm so I heal PP as I go. Unless I'm PA spamming I don't use that many fluids. My ranger is still on hard mode so I don't need many fluids right now unless I'm on a boss. It's probably the fact that you're a cast. You have no natural PP regen and you have very little PP to begin with.

Hatrix
Feb 24, 2010, 08:48 PM
Do any of you have a FO that used all Mind mats? that was my plan for my FOnewm and I would use mags if I wanted to get more ata/atp

Kirukia
Feb 24, 2010, 09:30 PM
I have no idea why you'd need ATP on a FOnewm, but if you're looking for ATA (I'm assuming for a slicer) then put it on your mag. FOnewms have horrible ATA so you'll probably need a pure hit mag. Mags are pretty easy to raise and costs 5 PDs, or free if you have a free character slot. Also free if you find one in Paru :p You can just feed them the junk you find as you go and you won't even have to spend anything. As for mats, they aren't nearly as common as random weapons/armor/units/junk. To even get 80 you'll probably need to buy them from the sewer shop for 5 PDs each, as well as a reset material. You can also switch mags at any time while you'd have to get alll of those mats again if you want to change those.

Lancen
Mar 3, 2010, 10:20 AM
I've been having an easier time now with slicers but still it's not the same like old PSO days where I could use techniques from early on and still it was all a breeze. My HUnewm is almost like a Force now all he has is a Caduceus which really boosts my Resta plus the X thing for leveling up and I'm on Hard mode. It's super easy for me. Maybe it's not a good strategy but it's working perfectly plus my Mag is almost all Power so my Caduceus hit power isn't that low.

I'll take that tip of techniques for later game and see how it works out. Thanks! ;D

Hatrix
Mar 3, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hey Lancen would'nt a Caduceus work better with a mind mag? ATP should have no effect on how hard you're hitting with a MST wep.