PDA

View Full Version : FOnewearl / General questions

Akiro
Feb 24, 2010, 11:15 AM
Hello,
My main's a 65 FOnewearl and there are some things I still don't understand about the class/game :

1. What to do in a "1 on 1" situation with either a regular monster or a Boss? For regular mobs, I usually spam Foie/Zonde for a constant 150-200 damage output but when it comes to bosses, my Techs only deal about 40-60 dmg, so any other class outdamages me. Are bosses somewhat immune to techs? Should I rather melee in a 1 on 1 situation?

2. Relying on Photon Arts and Melee attacks
My build focuses around MST, so both my Mag and my Units are MST boosts. With this, I deal decent damage to monsters, but whenever I want to melee a boss or use my Photon Arts, I miss around 2 out of 3 times. I guess it has to do with my Hitrate, which is lousy, but I can't help it when I'm focusing on MST, right?

3. Obtaining a Radam/Femini soul
I heard they usually drop in the ET, but are they obtainable through Free-Play? Also, do they only drop in a specific Mode?

4. Dealing with Arca Plant. (SH)
I can't seem to deal a good amount of damage on any of the machine-typed monsters besides the giant tank (Arkzein?), why is that?

5. Best AOE strategy
I usually mob enemies with a charged Megid and then nuke with Foie or an uncharged Megid, is there a better way to sweep a room?

6. Palette
It seems I can't buff/debuff if my Shifta/Deband/.... skills aren't in my palette. Until now, I carried
Foie l Zonde l Grants / Dodge / Normal Attack
Megid / Difluid / Resta
Should I replace my Fluid by a buff and manually refill my PP by accessing the menu through the shortcut?

7. Weapon elements
What element is the most useful for a Rod? I can't seem to find one that actually makes sense to use.

I'm not a native speaker, so please excuse grammar mistakes.

Thanks in advance!

Chaos Rappy
Feb 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hello,
My main's a 65 FOnewearl and there are some things I still don't understand about the class/game :

1. What to do in a "1 on 1" situation with either a regular monster or a Boss? For regular mobs, I usually spam Foie/Zonde for a constant 150-200 damage output but when it comes to bosses, my Techs only deal about 40-60 dmg, so any other class outdamages me. Are bosses somewhat immune to techs? Should I rather melee in a 1 on 1 situation?

It's not so much that they're immune to techs as you either A) don't have very high leveled techs, B) don't have very high MST as far as overall is concerned, or C) you're using techs that the bosses resist.

2. Relying on Photon Arts and Melee attacks
My build focuses around MST, so both my Mag and my Units are MST boosts. With this, I deal decent damage to monsters, but whenever I want to melee a boss or use my Photon Arts, I miss around 2 out of 3 times. I guess it has to do with my Hitrate, which is lousy, but I can't help it when I'm focusing on MST, right?

Not really. Assuming of course FOnewearl is roughly the equivalent of a FOnewm (which I use), only with slightly more ATA, then that's pretty much a problem that can't be solved unless you make a new mag with Hit (at least 50-99/100 of it).

3. Obtaining a Radam/Femini soul
I heard they usually drop in the ET, but are they obtainable through Free-Play? Also, do they only drop in a specific Mode?

I assume you misinterpret, but you can't do the Eternal Tower online. Remember, it's a quest, not an actual area of its own, and as such, cannot be done online in the first place.

And yes, Femini is only found in the Hard ET, and Radam is only found in the Super Hard ET.

4. Dealing with Arca Plant. (SH)
I can't seem to deal a good amount of damage on any of the machine-typed monsters besides the giant tank (Arkzein?), why is that?

Everything but the Finjer B's, Korse, and a LITTLE BIT of Arkzeins resist lightning on SH difficulty. You'll have to use what other techs you have to deal sufficient damage to them. Finjer G's and Akorse are weak to fire, and Finjer R is weak to ice. Arkzein R, however, is the black sheep of the mix, and is weak to dark/Megid.

5. Best AOE strategy
I usually mob enemies with a charged Megid and then nuke with Foie or an uncharged Megid, is there a better way to sweep a room?

Charged Megid (Gimegid) + Magical Sign (a Photon Art on Wands) = the best room-nuking available for a Force. Just find a good wand with it and blast your way through foes (that AREN'T resistant to melee AND dark, such as the ones in Makara).

6. Palette
It seems I can't buff/debuff if my Shifta/Deband/.... skills aren't in my palette. Until now, I carried
Foie l Zonde l Grants / Dodge / Normal Attack
Megid / Difluid / Resta
Should I replace my Fluid by a buff and manually refill my PP by accessing the menu through the shortcut?

Yes, I would recommend removing the Fluid spot outside of bosses and put in the buff. It'd be much more useful there, and as you said, you can easily access Fluid via the shortcut.

7. Weapon elements
What element is the most useful for a Rod? I can't seem to find one that actually makes sense to use.

I'm not a native speaker, so please excuse grammar mistakes.

Thanks in advance!

Elements are useless on a Rod/Wand/Slicer if you're not going to use it as a weapon or can't reliably hit foes with it. However, there are really few good options when it comes to elements:

X - for faster leveling
Celeb - for melee damage output (the higher the level the better the damage, but the more meseta it will cost you, which still isn't much even on its highest level)
Life - increase melee damage output by 1.5x as much, but you take HP damage relative to the element's level (the higher it is, the less damage you take); useless compared to Celeb on higher levels (3+), but it can reliably give you a 1.5x damage increase. Wouldn't recommend on a Force though.

And that's about it.

Akiro
Feb 25, 2010, 09:47 AM
And yes, Femini is only found in the Hard ET, and Radam is only found in the Super Hard ET.
I see, I just finished an ET run on Hard and wondered whether Femini souls only drop at mothers or if there's a drop possibility in any room?

Charged Megid (Gimegid) + Magical Sign (a Photon Art on Wands) = the best room-nuking available for a Force.
So Magical Sign can actually outdamage Fire nukes and Megids? Would be pretty awesome, considering it would save PP as well. Should I go for a Zero Cane then or is there a wand with similiar strenght that's easier to obtain?

Thanks for your help so far!

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
Femini souls can drop anywhere in hard tower from any enemy.
The same is true for Radam's in super hard tower.
Zero cane is difficult to get, much less with the right attributes. Just find a high element cane with magical sign and use it xD
Diopside or Alice Olivia if you can get it (you can change the element on these)
Also bosses have no evasion, so you can't miss. You should probably just equip a slicer for most bosses, except maybe the machine bosses.