PDA

View Full Version : GC The power of luck

themedisin
Feb 25, 2010, 06:12 PM
I have done some math on figuring out stats for a new HUnewearl character, but have a question concerning luck. If I used 4 god/ability once I got them, and used a mag with stats 90 POW, 5 DEF, 70 DEX, and 35 MST, I can get max stats in DFP, ATP, and MST, and close to max stats in ATA and EVP if I use 71 power materials, 71 mind materials, and 8 evade materials.
My question though is that means my luck will stay at 10. If I were to invest 37 mind materials, and 8 evade materials all into luck instead (giving me 100 max luck), how often would I really be hitting? Would every other hit be a critical hit? I don't want to have god/ability always filling 4 slots which is why I'm asking if it's worth to have 100 luck despite what my slots are filled with... I have no experience with a HU with high luck, so I'm not really sure... Please give me your advice!

psofan219
Feb 25, 2010, 06:21 PM
Well, I already sent you a PM telling you how luck works, but I'll explain it again here for others. Luck defines your chances at getting a critical hit. The chance isn't applied per combo, but per strike. For example, we'll say you have 40 Luck. To get the chances of one attack becoming a critical hit you'd divide 40 by 4, so 40 / 4 = 10. So with 40 Luck you have a 10% chance of each strike you do becoming a critical hit. Materials and units are the only two ways to raise Luck, but materials are prefered to save slot space.