PDA

View Full Version : Bite Stamp over Serpent Air?

Atlantis419
Feb 25, 2010, 07:15 PM
Ok i just want to know why people prefer bite stamp over serpent air, so it seems. It seem a lot of people want bite stamp for their claw pa. My take, I've used both, and although bite stamp hits harder, it takes forever to charge even with a pa compress it takes a bit, also you have to be in the right angle/distance, and it hits like 3 times. serpent air charges fast, hits 5 times, is easy to focus on both a group, a single or a boss enemy. And it may just be me, but it seems to hit critical often. So what's your take on it?

Chaos Rappy
Feb 25, 2010, 07:46 PM
Critical hits have nothing to do with the weapon or its PA, it's if you use a PA or a charged tech while you have an active chain on the hostile you use said PA/tech on.

As far as that is concerned, I think it's more or less you don't have to be NEAR the foe to use it effectively, and the fact that it DOES hit harder. If you can kill your enemy in less hits and faster, the charge time would be almost negligible.

Atlantis419
Feb 25, 2010, 08:11 PM
true but i have used both quite a bit and you have to get very good at anticipating the spot for the bite stamp to hit, plus one bite alone wont kill an enemy. i can hit 3 times for 230=690 or i can hit 5 times for 170=850, plus its more forgiving to miss cuz you will most likely hit at least 1 or 2 hits on the fly by. not to mention since i can do it up close, i can do a normal combo, hold on the 3 hit and by the time the kick hits serpent air is charged and ready to be released without having to position my self, effectively hitting 9 times in seconds and anything around me will get it too. Serpent Air is way more veritile. plus 5 crits is better than 3 and the first combo will normally produce at least a 1 combo crit.

Opodomus
Feb 26, 2010, 11:59 AM
For many people big numbers are important. For me, I like the range and for many enemies one bite stamp IS enough to kill them (with a high % Hadan Bite and 100 power mag but zero power mats)

Syre
Feb 26, 2010, 07:33 PM
Serpent air makes me laugh for some reason, probably because you look like superman/peter pan idk xDD

Bite stamp looks cool and it has much more range.

Atlantis419
Feb 26, 2010, 08:04 PM
Well i actually like to hit, you miss too much with bite stamp. Also as for killing enemies in one shot, i dont know what areas you've been playing bro cause im not talking about killing bunnies here. im talkinin arca, shrine, makara. i kill bunnies and ghowls with two swings, not even necessary to crank up the old pa to begin with unless there are a whole bunch in which 1 serpent air will kill them. plus if you kill everything with one bite stamp or serpent air, why exactly would you need range? big enemies only appears with one or two small enemies at max. it may be personal preference for different people, but after using both extensively, i really dislike bite stamp. Its not the worst pa, but it is without a doubt, the most overrated PA in ps0. Thats my take on it, and I'm sticking to it.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 26, 2010, 08:29 PM
Bite Stamp is the most overrated? Lol... it's almost as if you've never even heard of Over End.

Chukie sue
Feb 26, 2010, 08:47 PM
Bosses tremble upon hearing the words (or reading them) "OE spam time"

Atlantis419
Feb 26, 2010, 09:08 PM
Well overend is a pain in ass, but it has its uses against certain bosses not all, plus you can always wear a pa save, it saves like 8 or 9 pp roughly making the PA cost 36. I wouldn't use it in every instance, but...... it really can ko most enemies. you'd just have to build around using it, but it's definitely not the most efficient PA.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 27, 2010, 05:06 PM
Bite Stamp, liek Over End, Earth Bullet, Bull Smash, Magical Sign, etc, does high damage in less hits

altho Serpent Air has higher damage potential than Bite Stamp (575% to 540%), Bite Stamp has longer range than Serpent Air and hits more targets. also i find that its difficult to get all hits of Serpent Air to land on mobs or against large targets liek Arkzein or Finjer

Serpent Air and Bite Stamp tend to miss equally, even with the 5% difference but since Serpent Air hits more times, it has higher tendency to miss thus lowerer its damage output

my PA of choice is Serpent Air since it has faster charge, start up, and calls for me to be close which is the basics to using a claw

Marumaru
Mar 1, 2010, 06:46 PM
I like more Serpent Air, it's just my impression or it gets more hits?
Also the range is wider, perfect for big bosses.

Atlantis419
Mar 1, 2010, 08:54 PM
bingo you nailed it on the head, it's an absolute boss killer. since bosses have multiple spots, have no evade and serpent air hit more, you can potentially hit something like humilias 20 times when he drops his head. plus your right about the point of a claw being up close. of course depending on what character your using you may miss a little more, i personally almost never miss any serpent air, and have become quite good at hitting large mobs. the only draw back i've ever had with this pa is getting hit while your in the air before you can heal and getting killed. of course this is partially my fault for miss timing it lol.