PDA

View Full Version : Arenas

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 09:17 PM
I've been wondering.
Do they only appear if you reach certain dead ends, like rappy/booma spawns, or do they just have a set % to appear in the middle no matter what?

FOmarRashidi
Feb 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure the rhyme or reason for arenas appearing. They seem to appear in every room with the exception of the boss room.

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 09:27 PM
Arenas only appear in the middle transition area.

Atlantis419
Feb 25, 2010, 10:17 PM
i wonder if you have a better chance at the rare monsters wep or not you always get two, but are there % increased for being in an arena

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 10:26 PM
I don't think so. I'm just wondering if arena's only have a chance of appearing if you reach a certain dead end or something, like rappy nests.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 25, 2010, 10:59 PM
Arenas only appear in the middle transition area.

Now that I think about it, that's where I have been seeing the arenas appear. It seems like they are more likely to appear when you encounter hostiles that makes the stage music go into a techno remix (like blaze helions, for example) or hostiles with white shadows under them.

Atlantis419
Feb 25, 2010, 11:04 PM
na its random cause ive done many a paru with no rare monsters, then bam an arena. interesting though i have seen tons of arenas in paru and ozette, but less in shrine. maybe certain areas are more prone to arena appearances.

skaterboy
Feb 26, 2010, 05:36 AM
It is super random.
you may find it or not

zeital
Feb 26, 2010, 07:24 AM
idk for seom reaosn it like to come up more often when i'm doing plant runs *sighs*

Kirukia
Feb 26, 2010, 08:17 AM
I'm not asking if it's random or not....
I'm asking if you have to fulfill certain requirements to even obtain the chance.
Based on what happened last night I think you do.
Going straight to the middle, over 100 times, I didn't find one arena.
After like 10-15 times of doing the whole first area before entering the middle, we found it twice.
I don't think that's coincidence.

Tolly7249
Feb 26, 2010, 08:30 AM
Rare areas (Arenas, Bakery, Nests, whatev') seem to have a higher chance of turning up if you've read message pods in the area saying they're about the place.

Every time I've gotten an Arena, and the one time I finally found the *#&%ing Bakery, I've read at least on dead-end-room Message Pod saying 'Hey, it's here!'

Food for thought.