PDA

View Full Version : Item Quickie: The best Spear PA?

King_Yoshi42
Feb 26, 2010, 04:56 PM
I like Hopping Run, but I don't know if it's the best.

What do you think?

Dobbin
Feb 26, 2010, 05:26 PM
Hopping run is fun.
I like the one where you jump in the air and stab 400 times.
It usually misses tho.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
Speed Rain is the best, IMO. Hits a ton of times, and only has slight damage/ATA drop mods. It's still worth it, for damage and especially if you use it for element proc'ing.

mid Knight
Feb 26, 2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah I say Speed Rain is the best spear PA in my opinion.

King_Yoshi42
Feb 26, 2010, 05:50 PM
What about Spear Rider?

Wait, no. I found out it only hits like once.

ARChan
Feb 26, 2010, 06:49 PM
Spear Rider takes advantage of mobility, some power, hits a max of three times, and short PA animation. I say that if you like speed over power, you might like Spear Rider. Preferred for female chars because of the feminine sitting position.

Speed Rain may be flashy and hits six times (about that amount) but you have to be accurate to be able to use it. If you can successfully connect with every hit most of the time, it's preferred.

Hopping Run is just like Spear Rider except it has a wider range, a bit more power, less mobility, and a bit longer PA animation.

King_Yoshi42
Feb 26, 2010, 06:51 PM
Must be hard to use, tho

Chukie sue
Feb 26, 2010, 08:48 PM
Spear rider is pro. It feals like im flying on a witch's broom.

Dragwind
Feb 26, 2010, 10:13 PM
Spear Rider has horrible damage output, even if you land every hit on the most targets possible. You're better off with Speed Rain. Hopping Run is decent. It's like they took Majarra from PSU and split it into Spear Rider and Speed Rain.

Chukie sue
Feb 26, 2010, 10:16 PM
To clarify: I dont like it because of the damage, just the way it looks :)

Dragwind
Feb 26, 2010, 10:20 PM
Spear Rider is kind of fun to use, and seems like it could be useful in a TA if people ever decided to do that in PSZ since it jets you forward incredibly fast with a somewhat tolerable cooldown. Only useful for travel as far as I see it.

Chukie sue
Feb 26, 2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah, its my favorite PA to just spam and have fun with.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 27, 2010, 04:52 PM
Spear Rider does 435% while Speed Rain does 480% and Hopping Run does 360%

Speed Rain has a tendency to miss AT LEAST once, bringing its damage output to less than Spear Rider. not to mention its charge and execution time are longer also

Hopping Run has almost TOO MUCH ATA for a spear, but it hits more targets and has better area of degrees so it has its perks

Spear Rider has high damage and high accuracy. its simple enough to get all hits to connect by locking onto the target before release. you can also do a little trick that i do by releasing Spear Rider while your back is against the wall. you do a jump back, locking yourself on the wall as you execute Spear Rider, hitting everything within 3.5m and 180 degress. that is slightly shorter than normal spear attacks but gives AoE properties and is effective against targets that can't be hit cuz of their movement or hitboxes.

i find Spear Rider the best in terms of damage but i occasionally go with Hopping Run for AoE. Speed Rain, altho has the highest damage potential, misses too often for me to seem effective

King_Yoshi42
Feb 27, 2010, 06:01 PM
Which is the best one for a guy whose DS has a broken L button?

leviayurashyguy
Feb 27, 2010, 06:21 PM
Which is the best one for a guy whose DS has a broken L button?

Speed Rain

King_Yoshi42
Feb 27, 2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks. Now I'll be able to go spear shopping more effectively (Although I'm in the process of getting one now)

It can be closed.