PDA

View Full Version : Forces gimped?

Serakah
Feb 27, 2010, 03:07 AM
I just recently got PS Zero and find it pretty fun. Had a level 199 RAmarl in PSO and haven't played since then. I noticed the only way to cast an AOE tech for forces is to hold down the tech and wait for it to charge. Does this mean forces are gimped? They were already underpowered back in PSO, is it worse now?

zeital
Feb 27, 2010, 03:13 AM
no they aren't Fo are really good the chage time also gets less when u get a compress PA which u can only get one per game copy, i will say they are really weak in the start of the game so most people use Slicers to get there FO though 'normal' mode then by then if u want to start using tech and stuff u have enough PP and fuilds stored to start making your FO like how u want

Astropuyo
Feb 27, 2010, 03:19 AM
Fo's are great.

While I play a hunter as my main, I enjoy the sheer death my force gives out.

The casting time isn't really that long when you look at the value of dmg done.

Try charging the PA overcharge. Now that's a charge time!

FOmarRashidi
Feb 27, 2010, 03:22 AM
Forces gimped? I keep reading people saying the forces are overpowered in this game. They seem to be a popular class to play because it's not uncommon for me to be in a party with two or more forces.

zeital
Feb 27, 2010, 03:24 AM
i had a party of 4 of us the other day it was aweomse cuz we all had who buffed/de-buffed/healed all sorted XD and that was on freeplay to where u can't really talk

Serakah
Feb 27, 2010, 03:32 AM
I remember there being a unit that hastened cast time back in PSO but I don't remember what it was called. Even with that thing equipped, their damage still paled in comparison to a ranger. Since there's so few buttons in this version it seemed like they tried to compensate by implementing the charge single spell -> aoe spell system. Guess I'll have to level one up a bit to see what it's like at higher levels.

zeital
Feb 27, 2010, 03:51 AM
they do get better so don't be discouraged in the early Lv's oh and if ur on now y do some runs with u?

Naeyth
Feb 27, 2010, 05:37 AM
At earlier levels it will be tedious compared to say a HuCast. However at hard/super hard mode you'll end up almost single handly out damaging every class if played right.

If you prefer a more sudden and early damage output, I would reccommend you to choose a HuCast as they would be great later on in game as well as the start.

johnwolf
Feb 27, 2010, 02:48 PM
gimped my (butt). they can hit 400s using a non charged technic. if that means they're gimped then HUcast can cast magic.

Chukie sue
Feb 27, 2010, 02:50 PM
Forces are top tier.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 27, 2010, 04:33 PM
Forces are not "gimped" nor are they "overpowered."

Forces are still essential members of parties with their Resta, Shifta/Deband, and Jellen/Zalure. they also have their techs but Grantis does not do over 1k of damage, unliek a Sword wielding HUCAST.

Early Forces have problems with low level techs and small mana pool. its more effective to equip a slicer in normal mode until you get tech disks and high-MST rods

Serakah
Feb 27, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well all the positive response gives me hope but I just remember the PSO days where forces weren't really needed. I still hate the charge -> aoe system though, it's ridiculous.

Chukie sue
Feb 27, 2010, 06:13 PM
You'll get used to it like I did. It is actually kind of helpful in some cases...

leviayurashyguy
Feb 27, 2010, 06:26 PM
even in PSO, Forces were borderline broken, but Rangers took that title.

Shifta/Deband was marvelous and always welcome and their level 30 techs killed things in a matter of seconds

johnwolf
Feb 27, 2010, 07:08 PM
ahem did you consider forces DPS

Macman
Feb 27, 2010, 08:32 PM
Rangers and Forces got swapped around in the power order for this game.
Rangers are always struggling to come up with halfway decent damage (even the RAcast has his work cut out for him) while forces can easily match a HU in the dps department along with having support spells.

Wgurgh
Feb 27, 2010, 10:29 PM
I am pretty sure the AoE techs charge faster at higher tech levels also.