PDA

View Full Version : Hocho help!

Kyeung
Feb 27, 2010, 06:48 PM
Hey all,

I've been looking for a Hocho all day in the Sewer shop, going there at at least 15min intervals of game time... and I have yet to see a single one. Am I missing something? I've been looking for it since I hit level 18 and 20 levels later I've still no joy - is there some trick to getting this stock available? Does the Hocho not exist in the UK version? Is there any other way of finding one?

Any help is muchly appreciated!

zeital
Feb 27, 2010, 06:52 PM
i'm not sure but from memory the shops refesh every 15 mins u are outside the city (like on runs etc.) have u been doing that or waiting 15 in the city?

Kyeung
Feb 27, 2010, 06:59 PM
I either enter a random field and let the game stand for a while or I check back after actually playing a quest but always after at least 15 minutes. I have noticed the stock changing each time but never with a Hochoi in stock. I'm starting to suspect that the UK version just doesn't have it as I've not heard of anyone else having a problem just seeing one in the shop...

leviayurashyguy
Feb 27, 2010, 07:01 PM
have you beaten the game? i don't think the Hocho is available for purchase until you've unlocked Hard mode

Kyeung
Feb 27, 2010, 07:06 PM
I beat the final boss and have the option of hard mode quests. I do still have the last 3 extra normal mode quests left though. Maybe I need to complete all quests in normal first? Can't say I'm looking forward to slugging it through the Eternal Tower but if needs must then I'll give it a go.

Parasite159
Feb 27, 2010, 07:20 PM
i think you may need to unlock SH mode or clear a certain number of quests on one of the other modes.
as far as i know the only items to have a rotated availablity are consumable items, weapons and armour are always available but have random stats so coming back every 15 mins wont help you find it, but will help to find better stats

Kyeung
Feb 27, 2010, 07:38 PM
Aha... well I suppose Hocho or not I'll be going through the quests anyway. Fingers crossed that'll do it. Was hoping to use one 'till I found one of the big katana-type swords but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for the help all!

Parasite159
Feb 27, 2010, 07:49 PM
it doesn't seem that great a weapons tbh, at the same level you could equip Askalon; you lose 30 point of ATA but gain 40 points of ATP and since its non-rare you can add an element to it.
but i grant you, Hocho does look better

Kyeung
Feb 27, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hehe, yeah I'm actually using a max grind Askalon at the moment and it has a some decent stats but I don't really like how it looks. To be honest, there are a lot of weapons that look awesome and even more that are just plain weird.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 28, 2010, 12:21 AM
Your levels affects what items appear in her shop. Just get to about level 50 or so and it should appear.

mid Knight
Feb 28, 2010, 04:54 AM
Your levels affects what items appear in her shop. Just get to about level 50 or so and it should appear.

It's true, I was able to get the hocho and I own a uk cart. You have to reach a high level (I think it was level 50) for the hocho to appear in the sewer shop.

Kyeung
Feb 28, 2010, 07:06 AM
Oh awesome, thanks guys! I'm 44 now... hopefully be around 50 by the time I finish this damned tower quest...

Marumaru
Mar 1, 2010, 06:34 PM
have you beaten the game? i don't think the Hocho is available for purchase until you've unlocked Hard mode

I think so too, after beating Normal mode, some items appeared.
Even after, when I reached like lv 40, some new items showed up.
(Spanish/European version)

Kyeung
Mar 2, 2010, 01:55 AM
Just for future reference, the Hocho appeared in shop. I first saw it at level 46 (might've been there at 45), Hard mode was unlocked but I hadn't completed the last Normal mode quest.

Seems like hitting level 45/46 and possibly unlocking Hard mode is the key.

Thanks for all the help everyone :-)