PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Rare Enemies?

HaydenX
Feb 27, 2010, 07:17 PM
I've been searching and searching for answers on this, but does anyone know exactly how rare enemies work in this game? Is it a single rare spawn (like PSO) or is it rare maps (like PSU)? I fought a single darbelan in one of the Clad-6 missions and was wondering about other rare enemies...

kongajinken
Feb 27, 2010, 08:14 PM
I think its rare areas. I was doing the online forest mission with a friend to grind type points and all of the sudden there were rare mobs throughout the entire area from start to finish it was rare mob after rare mob. There were some normal mobs thrown in as well from time to time.

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 27, 2010, 11:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the system is PSU's rare map, the only example I have is valley of carnage, every time the 2nd block has nothing but vanda-type things and no poison lily (the blue flower enemy) it would have a nar lily spawn (red flower enemy). That said, I think by the time you find out its rare map or not it doesn't make much sense to start over/return because finishing missions gets you a chance at rare missions.

HaydenX
Feb 28, 2010, 12:45 AM
I agree that by that point, there is no point in abandoning. It just has more to do with the concept of cheering if you see what could be a rare map (and cursing if you know it's a rare map and you die :p )

I've been trying to beat the last story mission (keep dying to the last boss) and I've been hoping to get a high lvl rare enemy to give some good stuff (My char is only around 70, but if I got some good stuff, I'd just level so I could use it).

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Tycho
Feb 28, 2010, 05:30 AM
There are plenty of people resetting for maps when hunting specific items, I think they even did it for Psycho Wand hunting (while that's not even from rare monsters at all). But yeah, urgent missions are cool too. XD
This (http://pspo2.wikiwiki.jp/?%A5%EC%A5%A2%A5%E2%A5%F3%A5%B9%A5%BF%A1%BC%BD%D0% B8%BD%BE%F0%CA%F3) describes the rare patterns (and how to distinguish them) for some missions.

darkepyonuk
Mar 2, 2010, 06:14 PM
ive been searching for 1 rare monster in perticular the jaggo, i never seem to come across it or the jigo booma does anyone have any sugestions? or should i just keep hunting?

sorry didnt realise this was for psp2, still can ne1 advise?

Tycho
Mar 3, 2010, 04:21 AM
Here (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Free_missions)