PDA

View Full Version : What the. oh (poop) traps

johnwolf
Mar 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
ok this isn't about the traps a cast can lay down. it's about traps that are based off button pushes and area passes. these traps are both annoying and deadly. stratagies to dissarm them or help those who are traped. one is the Arca area trigger trap. if you get into the area with a circle in the middle of the area (that you can't pass) and go to the opisite side you will not only spawn enemies but will be stuck with (most likly) Arkzikens. eather use slicers or use the telepipe trick. those not traped uses telepipe then exits the area. then the traped one uses a telepipe then the non trap ones re enter the area. problem solved.

King_Yoshi42
Mar 1, 2010, 03:03 PM
Aaugh, I ran into one with freeplay (but thankfully with no Arkzeins), and the other player was stuck out of the fight.

I used a trick to lure foes near the player waiting at the gates, and with my help she meleed through the barrier and helped me survive.

I hate "deadly gas" traps, which cause slow to everything or poison everything. Especially when you're slowed with Arkziens about and the switch clear across the room.

And don't get me started about the unkillable Blue Laser Traps.

johnwolf
Mar 2, 2010, 02:57 PM
the RED BOX trap in Paru. this trap has an unbreakable wall with 3 boxes in front of it. 3 steps away is a button. if you press this button laser walls will spawn an a RED BOX will block your path. it be best if the traped one range it at the wall but if they can't WAIT till the traped one is by the wall before you range it. this trap is obvious but accidental triggering is possible.

Hatrix
Mar 3, 2010, 07:24 AM
The stupidest turret traps are in Paru, there's 3 floor switches lined up by 3 turrets... each one triggers a turret so don't bother touching these I guess

ARChan
Mar 3, 2010, 12:36 PM
ok this isn't about the traps a cast can lay down. it's about traps that are based off button pushes and area passes. these traps are both annoying and deadly. stratagies to dissarm them or help those who are traped. one is the Arca area trigger trap. if you get into the area with a circle in the middle of the area (that you can't pass) and go to the opisite side you will not only spawn enemies but will be stuck with (most likly) Arkzikens. eather use slicers or use the telepipe trick. those not traped uses telepipe then exits the area. then the traped one uses a telepipe then the non trap ones re enter the area. problem solved.

Actually, believe it or not, bullets can reach their target without being guarded. Try using Hollow Snipe. After that, you'll realize that you can use Quick Draw and Spinning Death for those situations. Normal comboing will be guarded. Also, know that all PAs cannot be guarded, but you can still miss ^^;

johnwolf
Mar 3, 2010, 07:59 PM
The next trap will get sessioned players easly. the fraud button trap in the ruins. you enter a dead end with 2 laser fences up and 2 buttons. the chest is behind the 2 laser fences so you have to turn one off. each button turns off the apropriate laser fence and must have another player to trigger a switch to turn them off permanently. if you push one of the buttons however a floor trap spawns and activates. then a gun trap activates. so you're forced to sit there and take damage. the floor trap is cast proof so search for the gun trap to see which one has the trap.
btw hitting the floor trap will break it so do it to save the traped one.

johnwolf
Mar 4, 2010, 10:03 AM
I'd would like to make this a side post to make it a little neater. These traps need a name. I mean I can describe them but they need names so we can call them out when we see them in game. any suggestion?

King_Yoshi42
Mar 4, 2010, 10:06 AM
Screw You Traps

My name for all of them.