PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Forces

Larloc
Mar 2, 2003, 04:29 AM
which force class is the best?

SilentBob
Mar 2, 2003, 04:35 AM
i gotta say fonewm, cuz if ur gonna be a force, you want LOTS of mst right? so i go with newmen over humans right there. And then fonewm has more defense, and his RA boost is irreplacable, even though i love my fonewearl to death, shes just not the same because she doesnt have that RA tech boost.

Rhete
Mar 2, 2003, 04:47 AM
Anyone thats not FOmarl

Malkavian
Mar 2, 2003, 10:18 AM
FOnewm, the magic fury http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

rena-ko
Mar 2, 2003, 10:23 AM
On 2003-03-02 01:47, Rhete wrote:
Anyone thats not FOmarl

um... um...
why?...

Vitamin_D
Mar 2, 2003, 12:00 PM
FOnewearl...just cause I have one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
Mar 2, 2003, 12:06 PM
Depends on the situation.

On a team:

Episode I - FOnewm
Episode II - FOnewearl

When solo, it's between FOmar & FOmarl.

Rubesahl
Mar 2, 2003, 01:00 PM
For me, it's FOnewm since he was my first character and I've never regretted having one ^_^ He just r0X0rs and with the new costumes, it's a very good boost to his appearance.

Elixer
Mar 2, 2003, 02:01 PM
it does really depend on lot of stuff. do you want to do more mass damage do bunch of guys or do a ton of damage to single enemies. or have a mix of attacking and magic.

if you want to do more damage to mobs of guys i would choose fonewm
if you pfrefer to do a lot of damage to single enemies and have a decent working megid fonewearl is good
and if you want to have a mix of attack and magic then go with the fomarl or fomar.

Zeebo
Mar 2, 2003, 02:08 PM
Fonewm cause because of their awesome costumes=P

Celes152
Mar 2, 2003, 02:30 PM
I don't see how FOmar(l) is better solo. FOnewm can clear rooms quite easily through all of EP I, and FOnewearl can kill things pretty quickly too..with Jellen survival isn't an object.

Hunter4life
Mar 2, 2003, 03:23 PM
I say FOmar because of the fact that he can take advantage of the FO's high support techs because he has high ATP (for a Force anyway). The only support the newman FO's benefit from is Deband and Jellen. Zalure lowers defense but doesn't affect magic defense(if there is such a catagory)and Shifta raises normal non-magic attacks so the FOmar can take advantage of it since it can melee. Its basically the HUneweral of the Force since it can be a hunter as well as a force (like the HUnewearl can be a Force as well as Hunter).

Don't get me wrong, Newmans are awesome at spell casting (plus they get TP re-generate) and are by no means bad. This is just my personal opinion about the Forces. Also, my love for meleeing is a major contributor to my opinion.

*Some of this could be biased so any insults are un-intentional.

Blenjar
Mar 2, 2003, 03:50 PM
Fomar!

Ghaleon
Mar 2, 2003, 04:40 PM
fomar fomar fomar

TeamPhalanx
Mar 2, 2003, 04:53 PM
When you're solo, it comes down to how much of a beating you can take, and FOmarl is the toughest one.

Jellen and techs will only take you so far. As we all know, there are enemies that are highly resistant to techs, and you won't have a HU/RA to bail you out. Jellen as a couple of faults in that you won't be able to Jellen everything (Delbiter, any Sinow that leaps at you, etc.) in time, and certain enemies are Jellen proof (Deldepth, Morfos, etc.)

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 2, 2003, 05:14 PM
I don't think any FO can truely be called the best of the class. But I just have a preference for FOmars as they possess a good mix of techs and physical combat abilities.

Arcanus
Mar 2, 2003, 05:50 PM
i have to say Fomar cuz they are just challenging to use which is more fun

wizkid357
Mar 2, 2003, 08:03 PM
I don`t know I like FOnewm but he looks weird and like FOmar to do I`m above the level I`m sopposed to be.So...It`s your choice to pick it matters on what you want.

MadCowChuck_
Mar 2, 2003, 08:40 PM
Wow, did FOmars come out and just take over this poll or what?

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 3, 2003, 12:28 PM
I guess since they are a new characer and all, everyone likes them more. I, for one, fall under that category...but there is no better force really when it comes to overall performance

FOmars are best

Cloud_01
Mar 3, 2003, 01:20 PM
FOnewearl in my opinion.

BeatZero
Mar 3, 2003, 04:47 PM
i like my FOmarl and her resta and anti boosts are great for online.

kitonaks
Mar 3, 2003, 05:16 PM
NOT Fomar (he may be a may be a "jack of all trades", but that leaves him as the master of NONE, including mst)
NOT Fomarl (the MAIN reason i could never play as one is the way she runs, i cant freaking stand it. Second, her one good ability is that of a support, cast s/d heal, cast heal, s/d, s/d/ j/z, that just gets worse than the dentist chair.)
NOT Fonewm (honestly, if you want to do major damage be a hunter, Fonewms dont do that much more with RA and GI, having a psycho wand is the same effect, whoopdi freakin doo. If your online and your a force, you should have some support characteristics)
FONEWEARL (ok, low atp (OH NO! who the hell cares), thats her only fault, if you want to call it that.
the highest MST in the game by 250 (NOT a small number) the potential to do the most damage, sorry guys, but with all bonuses off, simple techs do the most damage, FOnewearls have 30% to them, combine with the summit moon, there you go 60%. a 60% increase to a simple tech is gonna do much more damage than a 60% RA. now for the support, 2x effect and range of anti(big whoop) and resta. If you didnt know, resta is the most important and best spell in the game. having it allows fonewearls to be both offensive, and support. Thus making the Fonewearl, the most well rounded, and most focused of all the forces....shes the best.

kitonaks
Mar 3, 2003, 05:17 PM
NOT Fomar (he may be a may be a "jack of all trades", but that leaves him as the master of NONE, including mst)
NOT Fomarl (the MAIN reason i could never play as one is the way she runs, i cant freaking stand it. Second, her one good ability is that of a support, cast s/d heal, cast heal, s/d, s/d/ j/z, that just gets worse than the dentist chair.)
NOT Fonewm (honestly, if you want to do major damage be a hunter, Fonewms dont do that much more with RA and GI, having a psycho wand is the same effect, whoopdi freakin doo. If your online and your a force, you should have some support characteristics)
FONEWEARL (ok, low atp (OH NO! who the hell cares), thats her only fault, if you want to call it that.
the highest MST in the game by 250 (NOT a small number) the potential to do the most damage, sorry guys, but with all bonuses off, simple techs do the most damage, FOnewearls have 30% to them, combine with the summit moon, there you go 60%. a 60% increase to a simple tech is gonna do much more damage than a 60% RA. now for the support, 2x effect and range of anti(big whoop) and resta. If you didnt know, resta is the most important and best spell in the game. having it allows fonewearls to be both offensive, and support. Thus making the Fonewearl, the most well rounded, and most focused of all the forces....shes the best.

kitonaks
Mar 3, 2003, 05:17 PM

kitonaks
Mar 3, 2003, 05:18 PM

kitonaks
Mar 3, 2003, 05:25 PM
damn lag, sorry about the 4 posts, thats kind of rediculous

CorneliusPower
Mar 3, 2003, 05:37 PM
It seems pretty obvious the FOnwrm would be the best, hello! most MST!! Well as far as the others they are more of a preference, be it higher in ATP, ATA , HP and what not. But I have to say, and i know im gonna get crap for this, the FOmar really is the worst Force period....I mean really. Maybe good in BA mode?!!

Ryu_4
Mar 3, 2003, 06:00 PM
id say that the fonewearl is the best for the fact they have really good mst and that they boost all basic attacks...the basic attacks are the strongest anyways so it makes them even stronger..if you use ra techs all day your stupid cuz by the time you kill your 10 guys with rafoie my foie does 900 damage...im onto the next 40 guys http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HC82
Mar 3, 2003, 06:01 PM
I choose FOnewearl...(psst...I played 3 different force classes too)

When online...
the tougher the stage:
Support > then damage techs.
Resta x2 > Shifta and deband x2
Megid owns EP2

Play both a support based FO and a non support based FO, then play a hunter with either a support based FO or a damage tech FO on your team and you'll see the differences.

If you can't provide proper support in stages like Seabed then your teammates won't be able to clear the rooms that quickly(unless they use mates).

I find the female forces more usefull for online then the male forces.

In the very easy stages tech damage is really high, but the need for higher tech damage is trivalized by the fact that the enemies pose very little of a threat and can be taken out in one or two combos when zalured.

The enemies tend to have higher tech resist and much higher HP in tougher stages. The majority of damage will be done by the hunters/rangers. So you'll automatically see that the role of support is greater then dealing higher tech damage. If you can't provide proper support it slows down the team. Dealing an additional 90 damage with your Rafoie in seabed can't compare to being able to heal your teammates from long distances with superior resta. Resta merges have very low dfp/evp stats, but Iam surprised why FOmars don't use them in seabed(although a higher dfp shield is understandable).

Also the female classes have a larger choice of equipment. Madams umbrella and madams parasol. Only thing the male forces can use which is better then secret gear and attribute wall is a tripolic shield, good luck getting one. Even though the female forces can use safety heart, ricos earrings in addition to tripolic shield, most of them are dupes anyway.

In an additon to being better with support, they can futher enhance there support by popping on a FEMALE only umbrella/parasol. The FOnewearl who already has x2 resta/anti can simply swap a madam umbrella and get S/D with x2 the range, then swap back a tech amplifing weapon.

Then there is this whole thing with Sonic Team making the enemies in EP1 strong to megid but terribly weak to megid in EP2...This really shifts things toward the FOnewearl. Being able to keep the team healed, deal good tech damage(high MST) and drop many things fairly often with megid(high MST) gives her an almost unfair advantage in EP2. Now people can use a dark bridge, duping aside it randomly messes you up(it's really random, happens often or not that often). I recall a FOmar dying instantly in ruins one time while having it equiped.

The FOmar actually is a pretty good class once you get past the short commings of his akward stats. Just pop on a resta merge, and get a 50% hit vulcan. he doesn't out do any other class, but is just a challange to use, sadly most players can't use him correctly.

Just my two cents, but in general support > tech damage online.

MetaKnight
Mar 3, 2003, 06:11 PM
I like to use Fomar because it gives me a feeling of accomplishment! and because he has a cane http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rika-454
Mar 3, 2003, 07:05 PM
if you look at all the forces stats and you compare them to each other the fonewm pretty much makes a fomarl not that great.
like phalanx said it really depends on the situation .

the fonewm can do alot of damamge to multiple targets with the Gi and Ra techniques and still have alot of mst and can even kill enemys with weapons.they are pretty good for quests where you have a time limit (like famitsu) and for the higher challenges for TA games

the fonewearl can do good damage with foie, barta, zonde which makes them good at low levels but her atp is really low so pretty much the only way to kill with her is with her techniques but fonewearls megid is very very helpful in episode 2 since it can penetrate and they also have pretty good evasion.

fomars have alot of atp (pretty good for a force if you look at the other classes max atp)and can do some damage with the right weapon combo. they have good atp/mst balance and are pretty good going solo since they can kill with weapons and can conserve tp. they can take up to 250 materials also

in my opinion i would go with a fonewm or a fomar.

oh yea 1 thing i forgot to mention, the male have faster casting speeds then the females

Legolas07
Mar 3, 2003, 09:02 PM
they all are good O_o FOmar is great to use a whole lotta weps, fonewm for nuking, fonewaral with superior just everything mst, and Fomarl for the force that can actually survive, and use mechguns! I know a FOmarl that does bout 200 per hit with mechs O_O Pretty crazy huh

TeamPhalanx
Mar 3, 2003, 09:26 PM
Ugh... That horrible (funny in a weird way) FOmarl mechgun animation (for that matter, pretty much every uniqe animation).

Muku6
Mar 3, 2003, 10:05 PM
I prefer of FOmarl, but then again I haven't tested out any other Forces. She gets the job done, and her boosts help me online. I guess there's just less love for the FOmarls...

Tulathis
Mar 3, 2003, 10:27 PM
I like both the FOmar and the FOnewearl almost the same. Both have advantages and disadvantages in certain situations. FOmar is probably the best force offline (and possibly the best character), while the FOnewearl is probably the best force online. You might want to base your choice on which of the two you will be doing the most.

OdinTyler
Mar 3, 2003, 11:10 PM
Phalanx: See, we are destined to be friends! I have to agree with you...FOmarls are the best. The topic was which is best to use (as in overall). It doesnt matter if one has higher MST or better costumes. We are talking realistically playing, surviving throughout the game. In groups, it doesnt really matter because its as if youre still playing alone but now with people. Dont laugh, Im making a point. FOmarls can deal physical AND magic damage. In addition, their stats are the most balanced of all forces (doesnt anyone read the screens for selecting your character???). Overall, they are fairly even & thus have a greater potential for growth. Superficially, you can change their look quite a bit to suit taste. Personally, my FOmarl is as good as any Hunter (which I think of her as) & any force that can stand up to a HUmar (& win) is tops with me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarana
Mar 3, 2003, 11:19 PM
FOmarl. Support techniques are far more valued in high level teams than attacking ones, so she's the preferred teammate. Also, by far the best survivability of the Forces.

Durability and the best support, it can't be beat.

Rika-454
Mar 4, 2003, 01:35 AM
all forces can do physical and magic damage ---> Odin

Eum
Mar 4, 2003, 06:35 AM
FOmarl.

Best support Force by far.

OdinTyler
Mar 4, 2003, 06:56 AM
On 2003-03-03 22:35, Rika-454 wrote:
all forces can do physical and magic damage ---> Odin

Youre not paying attention to what I mean. Try doing the same kind of PHYSICAL damage with any other force & its no contest. Hell, many people have said it: no other force can SURVIVE like a FOmarl can. If youre looking for a character that is evenly based that you can develop overall (in other words, if this is a main character for you) & you choose a force, FOmarl is the way to go. The others only have possible ONE strength while the FOmarl's strengths are many: reliability being one...

dys0r
Mar 4, 2003, 09:58 AM
FOmarls, by far, can outlast any FOrce. I've played with a FOmar (lvl 75) and a FOnewm (lvl 113), and it's not even funny how many times they die, especially my FOmar. And, who cares about stats? So what if a FOnewearl has way higher MST than that of a FOmarl? If you're just comparing stats, then you're missing the point. It's how you play the character. A FOmarl has a very balanced growth potential. She can literally be a hunter, a ranger (mechguns!), and a good force. Her support techs are invaluable in games, offline and on.

Plus, to top all that off... she can take quite a beating.

All in all, a FOmarl has many advantages in many areas (other than support), whereas other FOrces are superior in one or so categories.

- dys

polishedweasel
Mar 4, 2003, 10:26 AM
In my opinion FOmarl is the best Force in the game. OK people think of it this way. I've beaten Ultimate Episode 1 and 2 and I'm not even lv 125 yet. How does that suit you? As far as HP ans defence are concerned those are awesome too. Just use alot of Def mats and HP mats and she's the shizzle!! not to mention the 2x range on all support techs and the 1.5x damage on Grants. She's the best and people always ask for S/D all he time. So there's just one more persons opinion. g2g the bell just rang for 3rd period!!

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 4, 2003, 11:48 AM
It always depends on the person and their playing ability. People like other chars better than others mainly because they got better luck and were more focused on a char they wanted to have and beat out any other. I like the FOmar best because I can make it look strikingly similar to me with the Ponytail, brown hair, and kind of short. It really matters on how you played that char the first time around, then your first impression sticks and you like the character from there on out.

OdinTyler
Mar 4, 2003, 06:07 PM
On 2003-03-04 06:58, dys0r wrote:
FOmarls, by far, can outlast any FOrce. I've played with a FOmar (lvl 75) and a FOnewm (lvl 113), and it's not even funny how many times they die, especially my FOmar. And, who cares about stats? So what if a FOnewearl has way higher MST than that of a FOmarl? If you're just comparing stats, then you're missing the point. It's how you play the character. A FOmarl has a very balanced growth potential. She can literally be a hunter, a ranger (mechguns!), and a good force. Her support techs are invaluable in games, offline and on.

Plus, to top all that off... she can take quite a beating.

All in all, a FOmarl has many advantages in many areas (other than support), whereas other FOrces are superior in one or so categories.

- dys

Hmmm, this sounds familiar...now who could've said this earlier? I wonder... The people have spoken. FOmarls were last on the list but then I started in my defense & NOW theyre #2. See people? If we stick together, anything can happen. PSO: only place I know where your vote ACTUALLY counts! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Mar 4, 2003, 06:28 PM
On 2003-03-04 07:26, polishedweasel wrote:
In my opinion FOmarl is the best Force in the game. OK people think of it this way. I've beaten Ultimate Episode 1 and 2 and I'm not even lv 125 yet. How does that suit you? As far as HP ans defence are concerned those are awesome too. Just use alot of Def mats and HP mats and she's the shizzle!! not to mention the 2x range on all support techs and the 1.5x damage on Grants. She's the best and people always ask for S/D all he time. So there's just one more persons opinion. g2g the bell just rang for 3rd period!!

With my FOmarl (whos my main character btw), I'm on the Forest on Ult & Seabed on VHard & I'm only lvl 70. I was 66 when I beat Ep1 Vhard (I was 68 when I was on the DC...so I'm getting better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ). Anyway, I remember being waaaaay before 125 on the DC & I beat Ult. So, I imagine w/a higher rare rate & more adjusted stats I can do even better. I gotta tell you...the damn dragon on Ult is harder this time around...course I have to level up too... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zeebo
Mar 4, 2003, 06:35 PM
hmmmmmm well still FOnewm!!! Had no trouble in solo for me

MadCowChuck_
Mar 4, 2003, 07:03 PM
PSO: only place I know where your vote ACTUALLY counts! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Certainly...it doesn't count in the real world, I know that! (damn electoral college)

Well...this has all but convinced me to make a FOmarl...hehe, and I thought they sucked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Guess not.

OdinTyler
Mar 4, 2003, 07:39 PM
On 2003-03-04 16:03, MadCowChuck_ wrote:

PSO: only place I know where your vote ACTUALLY counts! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Certainly...it doesn't count in the real world, I know that! (damn electoral college)

Well...this has all but convinced me to make a FOmarl...hehe, and I thought they sucked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Guess not.

You couldn't give me credit for my quote? That's messed up man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Anyway, I'm glad you have joined the side of the FOmarls. Wouldn't be my main character for nothing. Besides, mine looks like a female samurai & she's as good as any hunter so...that says something don't you think? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif