PDA

View Full Version : Newman

bscit
Mar 1, 2010, 06:48 PM
Im thinking of making a HUnewm. Is are they weak?

Kirukia
Mar 1, 2010, 06:53 PM
I like my HUnewm. They are versatile.

leviayurashyguy
Mar 1, 2010, 07:15 PM
HUneys have the lowest ATP, HP, and DFP of all the Hunters, but they have the highest PP, EVP, and MST of all the Hunters. HUnewms have a head start in terms of ATP but HUnewearls have better ATA, EVP, and MST.

to sum things up, they do the worst melee damage of the hunters but have better evasion and heals.

Kyeung
Mar 2, 2010, 02:07 AM
I'm liking mine. Bearing in mind you have more PP and natural PP regen, means you can use techs and photon arts without worrying too much. And you can buff ATP with Shifta if you need, although I've never really had a problem and I'm using a sword.

zeital
Mar 2, 2010, 02:13 AM
i've started to play 2 HUnew's on my 2nd card, the male and the female, i'm liking them so far, tho i admit i havn't spent much time on them cuz of my main card

Zike
Mar 2, 2010, 02:17 AM
I have a 57 hunewm who is all mind mats 100 mind mag who uses slicers, the main idea was to have ahealer/buffer fo rmy wife that wasn't a force and he fills that role awesomely, I am just wondering how bad my heals are going to suck if i switch to power, cause it sucks watching her getting to play with all the cool swords and hunter weapons (my other charecters are a 100 fonewm and a 100 ramarl)

Tolly7249
Mar 2, 2010, 06:00 AM
HUnewms are very balanced and fun. They're great secondary buffers into the bargain. They do suffer from low HP and crappy armour, but it's Worth. It.

ARChan
Mar 2, 2010, 12:26 PM
Seeing that a HUnewm is not too far off a HUnewearl, I guess that a HUnewm is pretty nice to have. Still, as everyone stated, their ATP, DFP, and HP is the lowest of the Hunter class. However, all is not lost. The points from their lowered ATP, DFP, and HP are distributed to the points that make a Hunter kinda weak, such as a HUmar's inability to have an adequate Resta or offense techs and the Hunter class having the lowest EVP. In fact, it is kind of odd that HUnewm/newearl have the highest EVP, considering that the HUmar/marl and HUcast/caseal are fairly low on their EVP. So, that's a major up for HUnewm/newearl.

Now, if you attach a Jell element on all of your weapons... :D

Google
Mar 2, 2010, 02:38 PM
The ones I play with spam Resta and buff/debuff. I think they're the best support class.

bscit
Mar 2, 2010, 07:09 PM
If i were to make one, is it better to got full power mats and mag?
And if i get more mst, will shifta give more?

leviayurashyguy
Mar 2, 2010, 07:14 PM
its best to go full ATP to stay on par with the other hunters. of course you have other options but this is the most efficient in terms of DPS

more MST does not make your Shifta/Deband better. MST only affects techs that have mods such as Foie and Resta

zeital
Mar 2, 2010, 07:14 PM
mind and power mat adds to shifta's mod, so i think its better to go with full power

Hatrix
Mar 3, 2010, 07:53 AM
My 92 HUnewm is my main character and I love him! I have mine set up like this: All power materials, 100 power mag, shifta, deband always cast! You can pretty much set yourself up like this and clear anything. The only enemies that are really bothersome are the machine bosses on SH, I would'nt attempt fighting them until your level is really high! Also if you get skilled using higher end daggers your gonna take anything down at close range, your accuracy and evasion lets you hammer away while your PP grows!