PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions About Those Stupid Dupes

gamerdude
Mar 2, 2003, 05:11 AM
I got to questions about the dupes we all hate. I want to be able to play as legit as possible. I was wondering if I had gtten dupes in a trade, is it duping that corrupts your memory card or is it having dupes. And my second question is, is there any way to distingush real items from dupes.

GandorDurin
Mar 2, 2003, 05:27 AM
Duping has a high chance of causing corruption, however it can happen to people completely randomly as well, unfortunately.

The only way to tell if an item is a dupe or not is to pay attention to the commonly duped ones, such as Double Cannons, Black King Bars, Sange & Yashas, Dark Flows, God/Abilities, etc., and also by using common sense in a trade. If someone offers a Sange & Yasha for materials, for instance, it's most likely a dupe. Also, if someone offers to trade an S-Rank Mechgun called Gandors Mechguns +50 then I apologize. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

gamerdude
Mar 2, 2003, 05:39 AM
Lol. Thanks Gandor.

the_af
Mar 2, 2003, 09:10 PM
On 2003-03-02 02:27, GandorDurin wrote:
Duping has a high chance of causing corruption

Ok, i've seen this all over the place, and i'd like to get anyone that actually has proof to come forward. :( i don't care about you blowing your money and getting all the cool weapons for free, but please stop saying things like this if you have no actual proof. :(

GandorDurin
Mar 2, 2003, 09:28 PM
On 2003-03-02 18:10, the_af wrote:

Duping has a high chance of causing corruption

Ok, i've seen this all over the place, and i'd like to get anyone that actually has proof to come forward. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i don't care about you blowing your money and getting all the cool weapons for free, but please stop saying things like this if you have no actual proof. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can't give exact details, because people might figure out how to dupe.

Let's just say the (most common) dupe method involves doing something you're clearly not supposed to do because it easily causes corruptions.

Besides, it's better if everyone thinks there's a high chance of corruption to help discourage anyone from duping. (Even that isn't enough to discourage some, unfortunately.) Duping is just something PSO players will have to live with, and I'm grateful it hasn't yet turned into the DC version with all those insane hacks and whatnot.

the_af
Mar 3, 2003, 12:25 AM
ah, my fault. i took that as to mean having duped weapons leads to more corruption. I think i'm on the right page now.

And yeah, i heard about all the crazy crap going on with the DC pso. we had aol at the time, and cable after that, so i was never online with DC. Makes me sort of glad i stayed off after hearing all the stuff that went on.

Wewt
Mar 3, 2003, 07:40 AM
Beware of all those plain Sabers out there - they're dupes!

Khali-rei
Mar 3, 2003, 10:37 AM
Yeah, beware of hating people that dupe, instead of real-life problems and terrorists. Waste your hate away on frigging data information for a video game. Yup, that's real smart. Find something better to do.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Mar 9, 2003, 06:32 PM
What happens if u use a dupe weapon?
Im actually glad i dont got a modem!LOL!

Raist
Mar 9, 2003, 06:41 PM
On 2003-03-09 15:32, RAmar_Monkey_Boy wrote:
What happens if u use a dupe weapon?
Im actually glad i dont got a modem!LOL!

Unfortunatley nothing. There is no punishment for using a dupe, its just simply a duplicate of another item made by abusing a game glitch. Some people may think less of those who use dupes, myself included, but nothing will happen to your character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-03-09 15:43 ]</font>

slimjd
Mar 14, 2003, 10:55 PM
Duping has a high chance of causing corruption, however it can happen to people completely randomly as well, unfortunately.

likely a dupe. Also, if someone offers to trade an S-Rank Mechgun called Gandors Mechguns +50 then I apologize. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

lol yeah i have had 2 of those gandors mechs come my way

Yoda86
Mar 15, 2003, 08:30 PM
Wasn't the dupping bug fixed a while back?

Raist
Mar 15, 2003, 08:37 PM
On 2003-03-15 17:30, Yoda86 wrote:
Wasn't the dupping bug fixed a while back?

The double save stopped one method of duping but unfortunatley there are still others.

Driadyte
Mar 17, 2003, 02:04 AM
Yeah, the one I know of is offline, which isn't affected by the double save. My directions are kinda vague, and I haven't tried it yet, but I can see how it would lead to corrupted files.

IceBlink
Mar 17, 2003, 11:32 AM
On 2003-03-09 15:41, Raist wrote:
Unfortunatley nothing. There is no punishment for using a dupe, its just simply a duplicate of another item made by abusing a game glitch. Some people may think less of those who use dupes, myself included, but nothing will happen to your character.

Actually, DB will come to you at night when you sleep, and demand that you use his duped DB's sabers.

If you don't, then your household will find your bed empty in the morning and you missing.

O_O

Raist
Mar 17, 2003, 11:56 AM
On 2003-03-17 08:32, IceBlink wrote:

On 2003-03-09 15:41, Raist wrote:

Actually, DB will come to you at night when you sleep, and demand that you use his duped DB's sabers.

If you don't, then your household will find your bed empty in the morning and you missing.

O_O

Oh my! Its true then is it?! I had heard stories but I never seriously thought...*shudders*. May DB have mercy on them.