PDA

View Full Version : FKL I need your help on DS games!-

Volcompat321
Mar 4, 2010, 02:21 PM
Well, I have a DSi, and I need some good game ideas.

What I have already-

Phantasy Star Zero
Mario Party
Super Mario 64 DS
Castlevania (forget which one)
Final Fantasy IV
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass
Advanced Wars (which I don't like..)

That's about it.

I'm getting somewhat bored with the games I have, and need suggestions.

Only thing I know I want to get is the Wario Ware game.

Thanks!

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2010, 04:04 PM
Etrian Odyssey
Izuna
The World Ends With You
Kirby Superstar Ultra

TalHex
Mar 4, 2010, 04:08 PM
SMT: Devil Survivor
SMT: Strange Journey (not out yet)
Final Fantasy A2 Tactics
The World Ends With You (agreeing with ronin there)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Volcompat321
Mar 4, 2010, 04:10 PM
Only ones I've heard of so far was the Kirby and Fire Emblem.
I'll definitely take a look into these ones.
What is SMT?
And tactics games...eh. I like to stay away from those, but I might give it a try.

Kirukia
Mar 4, 2010, 06:29 PM
Shadow Dragon wasn't bad, but I still liked Blazing Sword the best out of the ones out so far :p

AlexCraig
Mar 4, 2010, 06:38 PM
There's always pokemon.

Volcompat321
Mar 4, 2010, 06:45 PM
I've got the Pokemon of course. :D

Randomness
Mar 4, 2010, 07:18 PM
SMT is short for Shin Megami Tensei. Persona is a spinoff of it, for instance.

Devil Survivor is tactics... and difficult as well.

Etrian Odyssey is dungeon crawl, for both of them.

Hmm... you've got the essential RPGs I suppose.

FFVI Advance would be an option, except you have a DSi.

Yeah... if you're into RPGs, give EO a try.

Volcompat321
Mar 4, 2010, 07:20 PM
I have Final Fantasy IV for the DS. It's not VI, but eh, I was having fun with it.
I do like RPG's, and that's mainly what I've been looking for.

Randomness
Mar 4, 2010, 07:28 PM
If we're lucky... Etrian Odyssey III (http://sq3.atlusnet.jp/index.htmll). (Saw this yesterday... and... well... its basically on the top of my want list now. JP release... Apr. 1)

I'd gladly forgo FFXIII for a year to get this :wacko:

Firocket1690
Mar 4, 2010, 07:52 PM
Eh, I say get yourself started in the Professor Layton series.

Obviously, you have the Advance Wars, Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict, which was utter meh. go find yourself a copy of Dual Strike.

Alnet
Mar 4, 2010, 10:05 PM
Erm...

Castlevania, Castlevania, and Castlevania. (yes, those are all different games, dammit)

I honestly cannot recommend anything else. >>

Volcompat321
Mar 4, 2010, 10:09 PM
Erm...

Castlevania, Castlevania, and Castlevania. (yes, those are all different games, dammit)

I honestly cannot recommend anything else. >>

Haha, well, the one I have is pretty cool, so I'll check out the others.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Mar 4, 2010, 10:20 PM
If you want a game that is easy to pick up and play, although pretty old, I'd definitely recommend Starfox Command. The Story mode is decent, and while the online is a bit Lacking, is A LOT of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed that game.

The Ace Attourney series is just amazing, Although the game can be really silly at times, the stories are very enjoyable and the characters are memorable.

Aah man, you got me looking through my entire collection, lol.

I recently picked up Metal Slug 7 for my DS, and that game has win written all over it. It's pretty rare though. (In NYC at least)

If you like Robots.. (And I'm sure you do) I'd reccomend Custom Robo Arena. The story is eh.. But the gameplay is fast and fun. And there's a lot of customizing and stratedgy involved.

Outrider
Mar 4, 2010, 11:17 PM
Just finished Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. It's pretty good and has a stupid amount of content if you're looking for something to kill time.

I'd also highly recommend Tony Hawk American Skateland. It plays just like one of the classic PS1/N64 Tony Hawk games, and I've probably put more time into it than any other game I have. It's perfect for pick-up-and-play times.

Geometry Wars Galaxies is a great score attack game that you can just play over and over and over again. Love it.

Any of these games should be available new for $20, and way less if you get 'em used.

I dunno, I've got a ton of games - next time I open up the game case, I'll let you know if I see anything else worth mentioning.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Mar 4, 2010, 11:39 PM
I'd also highly recommend Tony Hawk American Skateland. It plays just like one of the classic PS1/N64 Tony Hawk games, and I've probably put more time into it than any other game I have. It's perfect for pick-up-and-play times.

I agree with this, although I played my brothers copy, I put a lot of time into this game. The touch screen also makes it pretty easy to pull off specials, WiFi's good with this too.

I also forgot to mention Elite Beat Agents, the music selection isn't that great, but the gameplay is a hell of a lot of fun.

Outrider
Mar 4, 2010, 11:59 PM
I also forgot to mention Elite Beat Agents, the music selection isn't that great, but the gameplay is a hell of a lot of fun.

Yes, God, yes.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Mar 5, 2010, 02:24 AM
Well, I found my DS Games, some of which I haven't touched in a while.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/bombahead2k6/stuff/DSC00724.jpg

I'll give a quick rundown on what I thought about which game.

Already spoke about Starfox and Custom Robo soooo;

Jam Sessions- :(

Jump Super Stars- It's in Japanese, and I didn't understand a single thing. Was a hell of a lot of fun though, I hear Jump Ultimate Stars is way better.

Lunar Knights is fun, but was really short for me.

Final Fantasy 3 is pretty good.

Children of Mana.. Ehh... Got bored of it after a while.

*EBA (Elite Beat Agents)- One of the best games on the DS, ever. Period.

Phoenix Wright 1 and 2- *See EBA, although I still need to pick up the last game, Apollo Justice, and that new one, with Edgeworth.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates- Has a ridiculously long name, and is pretty fun, falls short with no online multiplayer mode, and instead has a Moogle Trading option. Honestly, why make that the ONLY online Feature?

Mariokart DS- *See EBA, I prefer this over the Wii version, to be honest.

Metal Slug 7- Come on. It's Metal Slug. I LOVE Metal Slug.

Metroid Prime Pinball- I found this game surprisingly fun, although I bought it for the Rumble Pak it came with, which also works with a bunch of other DS games.

Electroplankton- It's not really a game, just some voice tinkering thing. Pretty rare though.

Contact- Another RPG, it was alright, I never bothered finishing it though.

Spectrobes- Ugh.. It looked like fun, and has a Pokemon Concept, but is very repetitive. Big disappointment. Oh hey, it was done by Disney. Go figure.

Diddy Kong Racing DS- If you played the N64 version and was expecting the N64 version.. Go play the N64 version. ;x While I thought the additions were pretty cool (WiFi, which was actually really good, and the Car Customization was pretty sweet, that and the new unlockables), I stopped playing because of the tacked-on touch screen stuff. (To get a boost, you had to spin a wheel on the Touch screen. -_-;; Fail.)

Lost Magic- This was pretty fun, too bad no one plays it online. ;x

Metroid Prime: Hunters- The offline sucked, seeing as most of the bosses were pretty much the same. The online was fun for a while, until people started hacking. =-= This was the the first DS WiFi game with Voice Chat though. O:

Megaman ZX- This game was ok. Haven't played the most recent one though.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin- Honestly, it's Castlevania, I don't need to further explain this. Also, *See EBA

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time- Takes all of the good things FFCC: RoF had and just made them better, online would have been good if the lag were handled better.

The World Ends with you- *See EBA. This game is a LOT of fun. The fighting takes some time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll have a blast. The story is great too.

Super Dodgeball Brawlers- I stopped playing it the first day I got it. Nuff said.

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum- *See EBA

Animal Crossing: Again, *See EBA. This game is great. If it weren't the fact that I played the game for a year straight, I'd still be playing it. I'm burnt out from it, lol.

Bleach: The Blade of Fate- Surprisingly good for a fighting game based on an Animu. I haven't played the newer games, but this game was pretty fun. I'd only get it if I were into Bleach.

Anywho, hope this helps. I haven't played many new DS games since I got into PSU, but most of the games in that picture are good, IMO.

Volcompat321
Mar 5, 2010, 03:36 AM
Wow, you guys gave me a good selection to pick from!

Some of these games look awesome just by names/videos and then how much people talked or are talking about them!

I'll definitely try to pick up the Tony Hawk game, because I loved the old ones.
These new ones nowadays are too complicated, so hearing this one is more old school is great.

The EBS game sounds awesome, so I'll have to get this one.
I do have Pokemon Platinum, so I'm good on the Pokemon game.
Animal Crossing...eh, a friend showed me this game on the Gamecube, Wii, and DS, wasn't very interesting. Seemed too slow paced for me.
You're the second or third person to mention The World Ends With You, so I'll have to check that one out as well.

As for the others...well, I'll bookmark this thread so I can come back. Cant get all the games at once! :p

Zeek123
Mar 5, 2010, 05:59 AM
Kingdom hearts 358/2 Days.

You can skip Zelda Spirit Tracks. First Zelda game I have no desire to finish. Real let down. Hold your Breath for Golden Sun 3!

TalHex
Mar 5, 2010, 01:18 PM
yeah... I had no desire to buy spirit tracks either... I dunno I just didn't find it interesting

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2010, 01:52 PM
If you like Robots.. (And I'm sure you do) I'd reccomend Custom Robo Arena. The story is eh.. But the gameplay is fast and fun. And there's a lot of customizing and stratedgy involved.Arena was pretty good, although the overworld sprites are pretty off-putting, the actual battles are good, it also has a lot more part variety than the GC version did. Also it has dat Jameson.

Biggest issue though is no one really seems to play it online anymore.

Alnet
Mar 5, 2010, 02:03 PM

You can skip Zelda Spirit Tracks. First Zelda game I have no desire to finish. Real let down. Hold your Breath for Golden Sun 3!
Every time I think about it, my eyes sort of burn a little bit. It's like they want to cry, but I'm simply incapable of doing so.

This game will make me pick up my DS for the first time since Order of Ecclesia (lolCastlevania~).

Volcompat321
Mar 5, 2010, 04:08 PM

I've been holding my breath for that awesome game for too long. I almost died once!

Zeek123
Mar 5, 2010, 04:54 PM
So much hype has been around a possible sequel to the GS series since Golden Age.

What the hell has taken Camelot so long? Porting Mario Tennis to Wii that important?

Volcompat321
Mar 5, 2010, 04:57 PM
So much hype has been around a possible sequel to the GS series since Golden Age.

What the hell has taken Camelot so long? Porting Mario Tennis to Wii that important?

I'm hoping they are going to make the game so epic, no one will ever play anything else.
Maybe that's whats taking so long!

Well, we can only hope.
I admit, I'll drop everything to play Golden Sun.
Only GBA game(s) I've played for 50+ hours, or multiple play through..s other than Zelda: A Link to the Past. (GBA remake, with Four Swords).

Zeek123
Mar 5, 2010, 05:04 PM
I've played through the first one I don't know how many times...

Kinda spoiler I guess:

[SPOILER-BOX]I wonder where they'll go with the Djinn system. Weren't they supposed to go away with the lighting of the last Lighthouse? I hope there's a customizable class system of sorts. Experimenting with moves was one of the best parts of that game.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Volcompat321
Mar 5, 2010, 05:08 PM
I've played through the first one I don't know how many times...

Kinda spoiler I guess:

[SPOILER-BOX]I wonder where they'll go with the Djinn system. Weren't they supposed to go away with the lighting of the last Lighthouse? I hope there's a customizable class system of sorts. Experimenting with moves was one of the best parts of that game.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yea, same here.
I was in my 9th grade science class when I beat the first one. Good times!

[SPOILER-BOX]I loved the Djinn system! I hope if it does change, it's for the better. It was already awesome anyway.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

HeartBreak301
Mar 6, 2010, 03:50 AM
I want GS3 so bad when it comes out, Nintendo just better not fuck it over with unnecessary touch screen controls. I see no reason at all why it should be used for a GS game. That also reminds me, I need to finish my level grind on GS:TLA, I'm working on 99s for all, 3/8 are at 99, one is at 97 and the others are around 85. Almost there! :D

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2010, 05:00 AM
I want GS3 so bad when it comes out, Nintendo just better not fuck it over with unnecessary touch screen controls. I see no reason at all why it should be used for a GS game. That also reminds me, I need to finish my level grind on GS:TLA, I'm working on 99s for all, 3/8 are at 99, one is at 97 and the others are around 85. Almost there! :D

I could see the use of the touch screen!
It would make all the powers easier to control, and would open up much more options in doing so.

Now, I hope it's not all fucked up, but I have faith in it.
I really, really hope they don't mess with the game too much.
It's perfect the way it is, Golden Sun just need a small modern update.
We have two extra buttons and a touch screen now, so I'm sure something will be done with all that.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2010, 05:26 AM
Because according to that other thread, you save up to buy PSTriple games only...

Something cheap enough and not pirated rom game, but still good?

I'll have to think about that and get back to you.

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2010, 05:32 AM
Because according to that other thread, you save up to buy PSTriple games only...

Something cheap enough and not pirated rom game, but still good?

I'll have to think about that and get back to you.

Well, I'm going to buy Golden Sun 3 too.
I like buying games I know I like, or have played a series before.

(Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Splinter Cell, and so on).

Like I said, I don't steal every game I get. :p

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2010, 05:35 AM
Get down to stealing 0 to level up to Maximum level.

Also learn to not trade in @ Gamestop. Its sorta in the name too. STOP!
(Other avenues to sell bring you much more, even if lesser efficient, harder to get buyers sometimes)

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2010, 05:38 AM

(Other avenues to sell bring you much more, even if lesser efficient, harder to get buyers sometimes)

I hardly trade games into Gamestop. I like to keep my games, most of the time.
I'll only trade in if I absolutely have to, to get the game I want.

I don't mind buying decently used copies of games from there though, so I thank the people that do trade in.

When I had a job(don't have one now :() I paid for all my games.
I have a few interviews coming my way soon anyway, so it wont be long!

Also, I NEED a job anyway, because if I plan on being in Alaska before I'm 25, I gotta get to steppin'.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2010, 06:14 AM
Do you need our help on Alaska Real Estate?

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2010, 06:18 AM
Do you need our help on Alaska Real Estate?

When the time comes, I'll make a thread for it.
But, planning ahead of time almost never hurt anyone.
What/where do you recommend?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2010, 06:26 AM
I recommend Castle - Vania, D.S. acronym one, go live up in there.

I didn't get any of the ones after the first one. TOH did, but he's not here, and you might not remember him, and he also probably knows no real estate in Alaska. Think he was an Arizonaner.

I also recommend that place with the Northern lights in Alaska, Aurora Borealis, must see and experience those Sun flares turned into swirly colors in the sky. Tourist not "trap" but maybe good commerce, jobs to go around.

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2010, 08:49 AM
Of course I know who TOH is!

You crazy old man! ;p

I have one of the Castlevania's. Got it from a friend.

HeartBreak301
Mar 7, 2010, 05:21 PM
I could see the use of the touch screen!
It would make all the powers easier to control, and would open up much more options in doing so.

Now, I hope it's not all fucked up, but I have faith in it.
I really, really hope they don't mess with the game too much.
It's perfect the way it is, Golden Sun just need a small modern update.
We have two extra buttons and a touch screen now, so I'm sure something will be done with all that.

I'd like to see a pokemon type overworld makeover, I think that'd work well. Maybe use 3D models in the battles now, FF3 did that pretty well, although DS 3D models are umm... blocky, but PSZ made some improvements on the FF3 models so I don't think it'll be bad. Besides, they'll probably do it anyway. Battle mechanics, hoping they'll stay the same. Although if tyhe djinni actually are gone now I wonder what they're replace the summoning system with. I'm really looking forward to 3D psynergies though, pyroclasm. :wacko:

On the topic of the touch screen, I don't mind using it, but I prefer analog controls much more. The thing I don't like is when you don't have the option to use the buttons for a touchscreen control, menus and such.

On a closing note, PLEASE let them link the third game with the first two for past weapons or something, I'd love to keep or at least see some of my old equips.

Zeek123
Mar 7, 2010, 06:26 PM

This right here! FUCK YOU GAMESTOP!

TWO DOLLARS FOR A GUITAR HERO GAME?! YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Local pawn shop bought it for 10 :p

Hagaishi
Mar 7, 2010, 06:52 PM
Well, I have a DSi, and I need some good game ideas.

What I have already-

Phantasy Star Zero
Mario Party
Super Mario 64 DS
Castlevania (forget which one)
Final Fantasy IV
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Platinum
Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass
Advanced Wars (which I don't like..)

That's about it.

I'm getting somewhat bored with the games I have, and need suggestions.

Only thing I know I want to get is the Wario Ware game.

Thanks!OK just soyou know I have over 50+ DS games but anyway here's my A1 list of games to check out!

Age Of Empires Mythologies

Bleach Dark Souls (Fighting Game)

Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Luminous Ark 1 & 2

Metriod Prime Huters

Metriod Prime Pinball

Zoo Keeper

Any if not all of the Castlevania Games!!! (DS or GBA)

Megaman ZX

Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings

Eltie Beat Agents

Megaman ZX Advent

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Final Fantasy 3 & 4

Rub Rabbits

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventure

Nano Stay 1 & 2

Naruto Ninja Destiny 1 & 2 & 3 (Part 3 is Import Only right now)

Any if not all of the Shodom Jump fighting games (Import Only)

Bust a Move DS

Front Mission

Metal Slug 7

Bleach The Blade Of Fate (Fighting Game)

Bomberman

Trauma Center 1 & 2

Feel The Magic

Puyo Pop Fever

Super Monkey Ball touch & Roll

Bangai O Spirits

GTA: China Town Wars

Yoshi Touch And Go

And yes any Mario game that plays like a old school Mario game (The New Super Mario bros-Yoshi Iland 2-Super Princess Peach-Mario Kart-Super Mario 64 DS)

I hope this list helps you and most of the games you can find for under 20$ bucks now! Enjoy!!!:bday:

Weeaboolits
Mar 7, 2010, 10:49 PM
I stopped reading after I saw Bleach and Mortal Combat.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 8, 2010, 03:23 AM
Bangai O Spirits

I got that one at the Target for yeah $20 or under.

Crazy tech they use for the level creator (missedout on easy peasy, SD card stuff now). You record something through the microphone, like midi sound and share those back to other players.

But there's no shortage of levels at that anyway, the devs went all out on their own creations, shaped like a DS stage & giant robot head stage- Yes, in the game. And buttons to use in gameplay, holds and direction and moving another direction, firing a third direction secondary fire. Its like a Geometry Wars, super duper advanced control scheme. Beyond classic (dev) Treasure.

-

Any if not all of the Shodom Jump fighting games (Import Only)
You were listing everything so a typo had to slip in, but I think you meant that Shonen Jump right?

Shodom jump is like Sodom from Final Fight/Street Fighter, wishing he was some old Edo era Samurai Shodown fighter or something!

Outrider
Mar 8, 2010, 03:14 PM

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Post about Bangai-O

Should I get Bangai-O? I'm really trying to stop buying so many games, but I've had that game sitting in my Amazon cart since I read some really glowing reviews about a year ago.

It's only $15 at my local Target, too. Hmm.

Sayara
Mar 8, 2010, 03:41 PM
Bust a Move DS as in Space Bust a Move? its pretty lackluster...

Nitro Vordex
Mar 8, 2010, 04:07 PM
Now let's thin out the bad games.

Age Of Empires Mythologies

Luminous Ark 1 & 2

Metriod Prime Huters

Metriod Prime Pinball

Any if not all of the Castlevania Games!!! (DS or GBA)

Megaman ZX

Eltie Beat Agents

Megaman ZX Advent

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Final Fantasy 3 & 4

Sonic Rush

Nano Stay 1 & 2

Bust a Move DS

Front Mission

Metal Slug 7

Bomberman

Trauma Center 1 & 2

Puyo Pop Fever

Bangai O Spirits

GTA: China Town Wars

Possibly fix'd.

Zeek123
Mar 8, 2010, 05:17 PM

Metroid Prime Hunters... Ugh.

Volcompat321
Mar 8, 2010, 05:21 PM
I tried the Metroid Prime: Hunters when I got my first DS. It came with the demo version.

It wasn't anything great, but wasn't horrible.

Zeek123
Mar 8, 2010, 09:31 PM
I tried the Metroid Prime: Hunters when I got my first DS. It came with the demo version.

It wasn't anything great, but wasn't horrible.

I guess you're right. If I wanted to induce some physical pain on myself, I think Hunters is the bet. :p

Randomness
Mar 8, 2010, 10:23 PM
Hunters kind of died once people found glitches and cheats.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 10, 2010, 12:50 AM
Should I get Bangai-O? I'm really trying to stop buying so many games, but I've had that game sitting in my Amazon cart since I read some really glowing reviews about a year ago.

It's only $15 at my local Target, too. Hmm.
If we ever crash-land and end up on an Island with a DS, and somehow, AV adapter plugs - Solar power/crank battery or something...

We could become experts at that game by the time we get saved.

& have thousands of awesome user created super levels.

You basically made me get some Killer 7. & I know you enjoy the Geometry Wars and DS version #2, so I say you should get another good Treasure DS game with crazy midi voice record level exchange tech, and similar control scheme that you would feel right at home with quicker than I did.

& BestBuy has the No More Heroes - $10 off this week, I need to go for broke and go grab that too. As part of PSOW Outrider EPIC posts exchange, Skuda 51. Spent that $10 credit at the last second almost on some other stuff on Amazon in gaming., their NMH2 was down to $47 at the time.

Outrider
Mar 10, 2010, 01:58 AM
Alright - despite the fact that I'm worried I will never play it as much as I should, I'll grab Bangai-O next time I see it on the store shelves.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 10, 2010, 02:07 AM
My Killer 7 used was flawless btw, resealed yet scratch and blemish free like right out of the factory disc press. $15 Gamecube 2 discer. (Didn't think it was 2 disc) Only 2 blocks of mem too, good thing, that card was like only 2 blocks left.

Need to rate that Fulfilled by amazon warehouse.

-

Actually, half of FKL would like the BANGAI-O too because of the Anime cutscene hilarity, beyond PSZ's choose a response for the same outcome stuff, trying to get some funny out of Ogi outside of his DBZ plot thing.

Its in the initial Tutorial sections and can be replayed if I remember that right.

The right way to do the Anime Cutscene, always in the J-DS games, the wrong way being Infinite Space (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product%5FID=71455)

Podunk kid becoming spaceship pilot @ age 15 again, on par with experienced pilots of ships for years, yeah right. SEGA- STEEL BATTALION guys meets animu market share.

ShinMaruku
Mar 14, 2010, 09:40 PM
Ninja Gaiden DS FTW

Outrider
Mar 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword is great.

Short, but definitely worth it if you can get it on the cheap. I grabbed it for $10 during some random Best Buy sale.

Good times.