PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Question

Nerophis
Mar 5, 2010, 02:18 AM
I looked couldn't find so I broke down and signed up here. Anyway question is why do enemies Guard only rangers and not my force or hunter? Was it another ranger nerf to take care of poor enemy AI where they wont walk around walls or something?

If it is stat related or caused by another means is there any way to boost the stat or bypass it because the only reason i cant play PSO anymore is because the misses are horrendus. Also if rangers in this game get misses and enemies block all the time I'm just going to stick with my fairly accurate hunter or my never missing tech swinger =p

Anyway thanks in advance.

P.S. I searched this forum and googled about 8 different ways and still didn't come up with anything except faq's on how pan-arms was a guard creature =p

Kirukia
Mar 5, 2010, 02:25 AM
It represents an obstacle in the way. Most forces and hunters use melee weapons, so they don't encounter this problem as often.

The_Pup
Mar 5, 2010, 02:25 AM
Normal/Hard ranged attacks (handgun, rifle, laser [IIRC], gunblade shot, slicer [IIRC] and bazooka attacks) barely go through obstacles. There's a high chance that the attack will be guarded (like, 95% won't hit).

This penalty doesn't apply to Normal/Hard mele attacks (so if you've got a weapon with reach, such as a sword, then you can attack with near impunity against some monsters).

This penalty doesn't apply to any of the PAs. So you CAN attack through walls if you use the PAs of your ranged weapons.

Nerophis
Mar 5, 2010, 02:40 AM
Ah ok I thought that might be it so I checked and was shooting over a gap on a mob and i would get a miss only on the third attack in the combo every time lmao so it kinda confused me but thanks for the swift (jumps outa the way) <get it swift = evasion on ps0 yea i know im a looser> replies.