PDA

View Full Version : About the site newegg.com

Keilyn
Mar 5, 2010, 10:44 PM
This article has been published in hardocp.com, one of the top sites out there for PC technology enthusiasts...

Please read this article carefuly...and wait for a resolution :)

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/03/05/newegg_selling_fake_intel_cpus

Granted some people here I do not like.....I still would not want you to lose your money, specially if you are a system builder.

~Keilyn

amtalx
Mar 5, 2010, 10:49 PM
Honestly, this stinks like sh*t. Newegg is probably one of the most respected computer parts retailer out there. I've dealt with their customer service a couple times and they've given me rebates/coupons for problems that weren't even their fault because the manufacturer wouldn't help me out.

Keilyn
Mar 5, 2010, 10:53 PM
I have too...I like newegg.com and though everyone makes mistakes....its important to hold those who are accountable for their mistakes...otherwise they will just repeat them.

hardOCP isn't some "shit site" on the internet either...also Kyle Bennett is the author of the article...so its not some "randomly written" article by some random member either.

Look at the VIDEO on the Article itself......

Its not like anyone is going to accuse newegg without some actual proof...there is also threads popping up all over the place on this as well...Some I've replied to as well.

Retehi
Mar 5, 2010, 11:09 PM
HAHAHA, that fake heatsink!

Shattered_weasel
Mar 5, 2010, 11:11 PM
Honestly, this stinks like sh*t.

Gotta agree here. That's some obvious hunk of nothing and I don't see them thinking that they can get away with something like that.

AC9breaker
Mar 6, 2010, 01:43 AM
I too am also with the consensus of bullshit.

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2010, 04:39 AM
"They sent out demo boxes instead".

Classic.

Boxblaster
Mar 6, 2010, 02:25 PM
This story doesn't seem very legit at all, but...
Towards the end of the article, it says that Newegg took care of the problem and is sending out the real i7 right away, after what I see to be one quick phone call. All I see is that there was a problem, and Newegg took care of it swiftly. I can tell that the writer has a sort of "grudge" against Newegg. The whole article is ridiculous. The point the writer is trying to make, about Newegg being "bad", is proven wrong in his own article.

Neith
Mar 6, 2010, 03:52 PM
HAHAHA, that fake heatsink!

Yeah, that was a good laugh. If newegg did send those out (which I very much doubt), you'd have to be really, really dumb to think that is a legit heatsink. Hell, even a 'fake' heatsink would be more convincing than what looks like a plastic mould with a sticker on it.

AC9breaker
Mar 6, 2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that was a good laugh. If newegg did send those out (which I very much doubt), you'd have to be really, really dumb to think that is a legit heatsink. Hell, even a 'fake' heatsink would be more convincing than what looks like a plastic mould with a sticker on it.

Ironically, Intel might as well be sending those fake heatsinks with their CPU's cause they're fucking shitty and piss me off.

Rubius-sama
Mar 7, 2010, 12:12 AM
"They sent out demo boxes instead".

Classic.

Not just ordinary demo boxes, but ones with spelling and grammar mistakes to give customers that extra sense of professionalism from Intel.

Keilyn
Mar 7, 2010, 01:30 AM
Dealing with RMAing a Demo Processor Kit is a pain...and it causes you to have to pay more money to send it back, wait for their confirmation to be told they received it...just to send another out...is really annoying.

Truth of the matter is their NY, TN and CA warehouses received them, stocked them and sold them....from people ordering on their site....and people posted on HardOCP forums....

After people wondered what was going on and it was finally confirmed...and an article was written. HardOCP has been sued several times by greedy companies trying to suppress information about discoveries made by members...

Of course HardOCP has always won to the point no one dares to challenge or sue them and they are such a powerhouse that something is posted....the top companies actually start correcting their mistakes......Most of its members shop on newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com along with many specialized shops.

You don't see Intel or Newegg SUING Bennett or HardOCP because they are right about the information. :)

Kirukia
Mar 7, 2010, 01:38 AM
Well if thats the case, aren't they just a slander site?
I mean they even admitted in the article that newegg actually reached out to the people they sold them to, and told them that they'll be receiving real ones. So if the problem is getting solved, I don't see the need to alert everyone and make a scene.
It's like "Hey look! They messed up!"
Meh, so does everybody.

Volcompat321
Mar 7, 2010, 01:41 AM
I agree with Kirukia.

Seems like they fixed, or are fixing the problem, so what's the big deal?

Plenty of companies, and people make mistakes, and they either fix em, or don't, and their product goes down in ruins. (SEGA, I'm talking to you)

Randomness
Mar 7, 2010, 02:25 AM
You don't see Intel or Newegg SUING Bennett or HardOCP because they are right about the information. :)

Or maybe because it would take too long, and the benefits wouldn't be worth it.

After all, you don't see politicians suing each other for slander and libel either, and there's plenty of things that would count as a malicious disregard for the truth. Doesn't make any of it true.

Keilyn
Mar 7, 2010, 07:31 PM
I agree with Kirukia.

Seems like they fixed, or are fixing the problem, so what's the big deal?

Plenty of companies, and people make mistakes, and they either fix em, or don't, and their product goes down in ruins. (SEGA, I'm talking to you)

There is a difference....Sega knows that people will not resist and people will remember mistakes. This is why Sega can make a mistake and when players are against anything...Sega Implements it as long as it makes any measure of money.

Everytime a computer company creates a product and tries to conceal information about the product or cut corners or screw the companies...Enough sites catch on to this and expose what has happened in a matter of a few days...Companies learn and adjust quickly do to competition and they know they can't silence the top level.

Example:

One of my old video cards.....was the old 8800 eVGA GTS Nvidia card....which was at the time a great card. This version was phazed out very fast. If you remember the 8800 Ultras existed...

Why would a card that at the time performed great be phased out fast? The answer is that people like knew they were tuned down Ultras...a Mistake in that particular model allowed you to actually do the following:

1) Replace the Cooler
2) Voltmod the card
3) Flash the Bios and change settings

You could literally turn your card into an 8800 Ultra (except you still had the same memory) and overclock it by 20% on top of that on a good aftermarket cooler too..

Guess what site documented this many years ago saying "If you're going to sell things, don't sell toned down versions of the same model at 50% expecting people to buy the full version"

After all, you don't see politicians suing each other for slander and libel either, and there's plenty of things that would count as a malicious disregard for the truth. Doesn't make any of it true.

Because you periodically see USA TODAY expose scandals with the Dollar Amount each Senator or Representative Collected in Bribes. Why sue each other when they can just collect coin under the same issue?