PDA

View Full Version : im new, after general char help please

Yukatana
Mar 5, 2010, 11:14 PM
hi, i am new to PS0, well actually to PSO in general, although i have followed it and always wanted to play a PSO game, i couldnt until now.

i am aware that in online and serious play, the way you develop your characters is important, and there are very few guides to PS0 in general. Google doesnt help much because there are so many PSO games with similar class and race combinations

i just want to hear from the community about how to best build my characters,
in terms of mats, mag stats, photon blast and mag nature.

i will take a guess at what i should do but if you guys have better ideas or links to guides, that would be very appreciated.

i wanted one of each class and race, so the chars i plan on having, along with how i think i should build them are as follows;

RAcaseal;
mats, all ATP
mag, all ATP, ruffian?
no idea for the PB

FOmarl
mats, all MST
mag, all MST, Eccentric?
PB, Flozir

HUnewearl
mats, ATP or MST, DFP?
mag, ATP, DFP, MST?? no idea
dont know about PB either, i plan to cast my own shift/debands, i think

it is obvious that i need help and i will appreciate anything you say
thanks in advance

leviayurashyguy
Mar 6, 2010, 12:09 AM
RAcaseals should be full ATP in mats and mag

HUnewearls are generally full ATP mat and ATP/HIT for mags depending on weapon. HUnewearl also have high EVP and MST so you may want to try different builds if pure power does not suit your taste.

FOmarls are usually in full MST mats and mags for tech caster. Slicers tends to miss on mobs in Super Hard (SH) so use a HIT mag for normal mobs and MST for bosses if you plan to use one. FOmarls also get higher ATP and ATA than the newman forces so if you wish to use hunter or ranger weapons, full ATP in mats and ATP/HIT for mags depending on weapon.

PB and nature.... are a matter of preference. ppl tend to go for Flozir for the bonuses received upon 4-way chain. also consider Midgul has better buff/debuff than a Hunter and Force, Granir does high damage, and Pacifal is an AoE with stun. i guess natures matter alot to CAST's since they cannot cast techs and invincibility is okay but neither are predictable and thus lack practicality.

if you happen to mess up on a mag, you man make a new one with ease or find one in the wild. if you mess up mat builds, reset materials are available that "repec" your build by setting your mat usage to 0.

an important note: power, mind, and guard mats are affected by Shifta/Deband, not equips nor mags. it is recommend to reserve those for mats that will increase your damage output. you can also carry around multiple mags and switch them depending on the situation, unlike mats.

johnwolf
Mar 6, 2010, 12:42 AM
Look up the guide. but make different builds to find one that you like. You are the character, not the stats. even a good character can suck if not handled well. same vise versa. the most important part is to have fun

Yukatana
Mar 6, 2010, 01:01 AM
thanks for the help, i didnt know you could erase mats...

the HUnewearl is the real though one, i guess i should just play around a bit and see just how much i use techs

is EVP really very reliable?... is there a formula for exact chance to dodge?
is the midgul buff lvl 6-10 or 11-15 or more?, and the other nature buffs?

anyway, i definitely know how to do the RAcaseal at least, and probably the FOmarl as well, i think a full techs sounds good, cause i want to support. are slicers and wands affected by ATP and MST or just MST?

leviayurashyguy
Mar 6, 2010, 01:35 AM
as far as i can gather, a EVP HUnewearl gets 800+ EVP which dodges 95% of all attacks on SH. altho there are some things you can't dodge liek lazers and techs.

from experience, Midgul's buffs are greater than buff 15's. Nature buffs are tier 1 (lvl 1-5) if small boost and tier 2 (lvl 6-10) if large.

Force weapons (rod, wand, slicer) consider MST instead of ATP in terms of damage and are melee when applied to resistance

Yukatana
Mar 6, 2010, 01:44 AM
thanks, and wow @ 800+ EVP how do you get that high anyway, lvl 100 HUnewearl get 327, so thats 407 with mats, i guess thats about 50% dodge then...although mats should be used for ATP, DFP or MST ideally

also, i just thought of it, is it acceptable to use a slicer and MST on a HUnewearl or are the HU weapons still better in terms of damage and accuracy... currently i use daggers or shields mostly, daggers are really fast, i doubt slicers would get that fast.

Nick O'Demus
Mar 6, 2010, 04:49 AM
If you're new to the game, read this thread, it's a big help.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171967

leviayurashyguy
Mar 6, 2010, 01:50 PM
thanks, and wow @ 800+ EVP how do you get that high anyway, lvl 100 HUnewearl get 327, so thats 407 with mats, i guess thats about 50% dodge then...although mats should be used for ATP, DFP or MST ideally

also, i just thought of it, is it acceptable to use a slicer and MST on a HUnewearl or are the HU weapons still better in terms of damage and accuracy... currently i use daggers or shields mostly, daggers are really fast, i doubt slicers would get that fast.

HUnewearls get 327 @ lvl 100, Rika's Suit has 240, +80 when max grinded, +25 w/ Rika's Claw equipped, 4 Divine/Swift units is 100, and 80 from Swift Materials

327+240+80+25+100+80=857 EVP

HUnewearl's have an acceptable amount of MST to do decent damage with a slicer. they are more effective with hunter weapons but if you wish to use one, you won't be too disappointed. slicers are actually quick fast, just wait for the slicer to connect and you can immediately combo the last two hits with little delay. they are very effective against bosses.

Yukatana
Mar 6, 2010, 04:35 PM
ah, thanks nick, that was useful

and i forgot about the EVP from gear, 857 is really a lot but ive been playing around with daggers now and theyre really fun, and i use a shield on bosses and im almost invincible

it would be nice if there were an easier way of using the less used techs than rearranging the palette every time, i think X should have let us cycle through 3 pages of palette on the fly, that would have been good,

anyway, thanks heaps for the support, especially leviayurashguy.

also, is it worth going online at lvl 8... or should i wait till a bit later?