PDA

View Full Version : Sword VS Spear

Sethimothy
Mar 6, 2010, 09:41 AM
First off, I didn't see a "I'm a new player here is my friend's code" thread so if there is one, could someone point me to it? Then I'll post my information there.

Working on a secondary character, which is at this time a 25 HUnewm. As I've been running the stupid Eternal Tower on Hard mode on my main, I've come across some decent swords as well as some decent spears, but I haven't played around with spears that much and I'm curious what people usually think of both Swords in general, in Spears in general? Are there techniques that are more coveted on any given one?

Rareware0192
Mar 6, 2010, 10:12 AM
Friend Code List: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155447

Swords are more powerful than spears in ATP and can hit a couple of enemies. And if I'm not mistaken, I THINK Spears have better ATA but can only hit one enemy at a time. All in all, I don't prefer using spears at all. I like using swords more.

Rikard
Mar 6, 2010, 11:41 AM
Spear:
-Slow attacks
-Higher ATA
-3 hit combo, more than 1 enemy at a time on the last hit

Sword:
-Slow attacks
-Higher ATP
-3 hit combo, more than 1 enemy on the whole combo (although landing the third hit on more than 1 enemy is harder)

I haven't tried many PA with these weapons so I can't say much, but generally sword wins because of mobbing abilities (also I like to spam Over End, but that's just me).

mid Knight
Mar 6, 2010, 11:43 AM
Not so true about the spear hitting only one enemy. If there were a group of enemies or just one behind the other, the spear will hit more then one and also the third attack you swing the spear hitting those nearby.
In terms of Photon Art, Sword best PA is "Over End" pretty much good for fighting boss and I think the spear best PA is "Speed Rain" well in my opinion.

leviayurashyguy
Mar 6, 2010, 02:02 PM
Spear is actually quite fast and accurate in terms of combos and has long range. Swords have about the same range (maybe shorter), are stronger, and hit more targets.

Spears hit 2 targets and Swords hit, from looking at the photon art chart, 4 targets.

Over End scats on everything a spear could possibly dish out. Speed Rain, spear PA with highest overall damage, hits 6 times and its horribly inaccurate. Over End gets the power of a sword, adds more power, AND gains an accuracy bonus.

i use spears a lot more. i disliek Swords because they are slow and inaccurate. Over End, though powerful, is not the highest DPS a Sword can do against normal mobs.

King_Yoshi42
Mar 6, 2010, 02:38 PM
If you play as a Ranger, you're pretty much stuck using spears, if you don't like the weaksauce sabers and gunswords.

Hopping Run is my favorite PA, but the damage is underrated.

Spears
Hits 2 at a time
Slow attack speed
Stab Stab Slash combo.
More ATA

Swords
Hits 3-4 at a time
Very Slow Attack Speed
Slash Slash Slash combo
More ATP
Better PA
Unusable by most rangers

johnwolf
Mar 6, 2010, 02:39 PM
Spears slow, i don't think you ever used them. Spears, for their ATP, are Incredably fast. Their only flaw is that their strongest PA is highly unaccurate.

King_Yoshi42
Mar 6, 2010, 02:43 PM
I consider Sabers as Normal Attack Speed Weapons, with D-Swords and Daggers as Fast.

Also, the innaccurate PA is made up for the high ATA the spears have in the first place.

SneakySneaky
Mar 6, 2010, 07:40 PM
I perfer both swords and spears. The problem is which one has a better statement. But, I found out spears hardly deal damage even with the pa speed rain. Sword's pa overend is kind of weird on damage output. Because it's linear and long time charging for each attack.
They are about the same if you want to know what ATP and ATA on weapons to deal damages.