PDA

View Full Version : psp2 question

avak62
Mar 7, 2010, 12:16 PM
i am now playing pahtasy star 1 on psp but if phantasy star 2 comes out in engelish can i import my stuff and evrything to phantasy star 2?

Chuck_Norris
Mar 7, 2010, 08:56 PM
I didn't know they released PS1 on the PSP. :wacko:

SaphiraDragontear
Mar 7, 2010, 09:01 PM
I think he ment phantasy star portable

kongajinken
Mar 7, 2010, 10:38 PM
I think he ment phantasy star portable

He did.

Also welcome to the forums

avak62
Mar 8, 2010, 01:06 PM
ok can i get a aswer on my question but i also got another question are shotguns good in phantasy star portable?

Calsetes
Mar 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
Alright, I'll try to help you out here:

If the "import" feature works like the Japanese one, it'll only carry over how your guy looks and maybe an extra mission (that last thing isn't confirmed, though.) Supposedly you also get a saber or something.

As for if shotguns are good, it depends on your playstyle. I know some people like using them from a distance, but I used them as a "point blank" weapon for my ranger classes - an enemy gets close, lay into them with a shotgun and hit them 5 times with one shot. The bullets are a bit wide, so one bullet can theoretically hit two mobs if it goes between them.

Edit: The import thing means no levels, money, items, etc. carry over - just how your guy looks, and maybe those other two things I said. I didn't import my guys from the Japanese version of PSP into PSP2, but I'm not too worried about it.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 8, 2010, 03:40 PM
As for if shotguns are good, it depends on your playstyle. I know some people like using them from a distance, but I used them as a "point blank" weapon for my ranger classes - an enemy gets close, lay into them with a shotgun and hit them 5 times with one shot. The bullets are a bit wide, so one bullet can theoretically hit two mobs if it goes between them.

On my beast Gunmaster, I do roughly 700-800 damage on each shot with a +10 Pakuda and capped PA's. That equals out to 3500 or so damage each point blank shot. And to elaborate on your "The bullets are a bit wide" statement; all shotgun bullets have splash damage attached. So yes, each shot can in theory hit 2 targets. Hitting a maximum of 10 targets, so in theory, you could be doing 7000 damage each shot to a large enemy if you aim it right.

If you're using shotguns at long range, you're doing it wrong.

SaphiraDragontear
Mar 8, 2010, 08:46 PM
He did.

Also welcome to the forumsThank you i hope to make alot of friends here

Mike
Mar 8, 2010, 09:19 PM
You will only be able to keep the clothes or parts on your back when you transfer a character from PSP1 to PSP2. You leave everything else behind. For importing a character you get the Exam saber, which is what the default human is holding in all the pictures. You also get 1 of four visual armor units, the Former Guardian title, and an extra option when doing a certain side-story mission.

kongajinken
Mar 8, 2010, 10:04 PM
On my beast Gunmaster, I do roughly 700-800 damage on each shot with a +10 Pakuda and capped PA's. That equals out to 3500 or so damage each point blank shot. And to elaborate on your "The bullets are a bit wide" statement; all shotgun bullets have splash damage attached. So yes, each shot can in theory hit 2 targets. Hitting a maximum of 10 targets, so in theory, you could be doing 7000 damage each shot to a large enemy if you aim it right.

If you're using shotguns at long range, you're doing it wrong.

You serious? Holy crap I gotta go try that out.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 8, 2010, 10:11 PM
You serious? Holy crap I gotta go try that out.

Keep in mind, %'s are everything for shotguns. Moreso than any other weapon in the game. You won't be seeing full damage until your PA's are at least 21.