PDA

View Full Version : Looks like u can dupe easily on X-box

KoA
Mar 2, 2003, 02:02 PM
People saying X-box wont have dupes, this proves you wrong:

*edit by Abdur*
Don't link to that site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-03-02 11:59 ]</font>

rena-ko
Mar 2, 2003, 02:10 PM
thats sad... really sad...

dj_dan
Mar 2, 2003, 02:11 PM
Yes.

Now I use that site quite often, but this was a silly move.
Obviously this guy has a chip on his shoulder, otherwise he wouldn't post this method.

Of course it's fairly simple to do, but now everyone and his dog can and will do it.

I'm not getting PSOX but still, it would be nice if every version of this game didn't get completely marred within a few days of its release.

The only thing Xbox owners (the ones that don't want to dupe, I'm sure there won't be many) can hope for, is a plausible patch method.
If Microsoft can patch these bugs as they arise, then that will be a major selling point for this port.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-03-02 11:12 ]</font>

Redleaf
Mar 2, 2003, 02:11 PM
Hum, i guess this topic must be deleted or at least edited...

rena-ko
Mar 2, 2003, 02:48 PM
this doesn't sound like a bug at all, its a logical problem - i dont think this is patchable... even if you make the file uncopyable... why should an ftp-browser not copy it?
i think this is not really ST's fault. you shouldn't have external access to the x-box' hhd at all.

edit: i really like his site, its clear, its mature its direct. maybe he shouldn't have posted the exact way how to do it, but then again without knowing how easy it is, it wouldnt be so sad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-03-02 11:57 ]</font>

dj_dan
Mar 2, 2003, 02:53 PM
I agree, and though I'm not too proficient with ftp's and such, I don't think it's impossible to maybe add something to the PSO savefile.
Perhaps make it so it would require a special authentication to access, or edit where the saves are.

As far as who's fault it is.. well that doesn't really matter.

A cliche comes to mind:

Fix the problem, not the blame. (Good ol' Sean Connery in Rising Sun)

One thing I do know for sure... if someone can figure out a way to beat the system, someone else can always find a way to protect it, and vice-versa.
It just comes down to Microsoft, and if they care about keeping PSO cheat/bug-free.

Phelan
Mar 2, 2003, 06:26 PM
I got here after the post was edited, could someone Private message me a link to the site so I can see what you are talking about (NOTE: I don't want cheats on PSOX I want to see if this is a reason not to get the game)

Guntz348
Mar 2, 2003, 07:21 PM
On 2003-03-02 15:26, Phelan wrote:
I got here after the post was edited, could someone Private message me a link to the site so I can see what you are talking about (NOTE: I don't want cheats on PSOX I want to see if this is a reason not to get the game)

The reason why he posted the method was because he had known about the cheat method before the game was released. Either through a beta version or what ever he figured it out and knew you could dupe. He says that he tried to warn sega several times and even offered to patch or fix the method but sega chose to ignore him. Since they would not return phone calls or emails he was pretty upset and decided that if sega wouldn't heed his warning then he might as well post it so that everyone can see how dumb sega is. Of course this is just what he claims. Hmmm I got an idea...

They have a great franchise like PSO on their hands, and they do very little to protect it. They don't promote it, and they don't do nearly enough to support the product. Anyone who has ever tried to contact SEGA support knows exactly what I am talking about. The often-exploited dupe trick on the Gamecube version has practically ruined the game for many players, and SEGA doesn't seem to care.

A lot of people like to bitch about SEGA, but I actually took proactive steps. I emailed SEGA support about the 'lag' dupe trick (since patched), and the other dupe trick that certainly still exists (there is no fucking way in hell I am going to tell you what it is, don't even ask). I either never heard back from SEGA, or got some bullshit canned response. If they are not going to listen to people who actually care about their product, then they have lost my respect.

We got a bootleg copy of the final release of PSO for XBOX (don't ask where), and I was not the least bit shocked to learn that it is incredibly easy to dupe. So easy, in fact, that I am sure many of you already figured it out. But for those of you who haven't, here you go

Thats a quote from his site and tells why he did it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rune edit: Originally edited out something, but realized it wasn't necessary. My bad, so the post is back to normal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-03-02 20:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-03-02 22:40 ]</font>

Phelan
Mar 2, 2003, 07:24 PM
This kinda stuff is just unreasonable. If he is being honest about SEGA's stance then we are all morons for giving them 9 bucks a month so they can continue their BS claims to actually support the game and their desire to eliminate hacks. I am pretty close to going to my software store and cancelling my reservation.

ABDUR101
Mar 2, 2003, 07:34 PM
Either way, spreading HOW to do the duping is in no way helping. It's only speeding up the problem.

Do not link to any sites with codes or methods for cheating or duping, it will result in an instant ban, as per the Forum Rules. =

Guntz348
Mar 2, 2003, 07:41 PM
On 2003-03-02 16:34, ABDUR101 wrote:
Either way, spreading HOW to do the duping is in no way helping. It's only speeding up the problem.

Do not link to any sites with codes or methods for cheating or duping, it will result in an instant ban, as per the Forum Rules. =

I totally agree. Just because you mad at a company for not listing to your warnings does'nt give you the right to point out and exploit the bugs and faults in there software. A much better thing to do would be to make a patch so that maybe ST could fix the bug.

I didn't want to link to that site so I didn't, but that is a direct quote from the website. I wanted people to see his reasons and to know why he found and posted the method so that we can disscuss it here.

ABDUR101
Mar 2, 2003, 07:46 PM
I know Guntz, and thats perfectly fine, you're allowed to discuss it, as long as no one is saying how or posting links on where to find out how.

Phelan
Mar 2, 2003, 08:44 PM
I have found the site which details how xbox pso duping would be accomplished, and yes, it is far too easy. Anyone who is planning on buying PSO for the xbox should think twice about doing it. The only way that this duping method can be solved (in my mind) is to switch to server side character storage instead of client side. That way it would be impossible for this method to work. Since PSO is so close to release though and the ability to play online+offline with the same char is already a key feature I don't see this getting fixed. All I have to say is what a disappointment. SEGA really does need to listen to it's customers more often.

Phelan
Mar 2, 2003, 08:54 PM
The one intruiging aspect of Xbox PSO cheating is that PSOX will be played on live, and as I remeber LIVE has a clause in the terms of conduct that deals strictly with cheating on xbox live and that MS will take actions against anyone trying to crack the xbox or the live servers. I am not sure what implications this will have for PSOX cheating, but hopfully it will curb some of it atleast.

SuperCube
Mar 2, 2003, 09:26 PM
Rune edit: Do not request links to cheats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-03-02 19:31 ]</font>

Kalbelgarion
Mar 2, 2003, 10:31 PM
Well, we can all hope that the most powerful software company in the world has an ace up their sleaves that can protect their #1 market.

Sashi
Mar 2, 2003, 11:32 PM
On 2003-03-02 16:34, ABDUR101 wrote:

Do not link to any sites with codes or methods for cheating or duping, it will result in an instant ban, as per the Forum Rules. =/

Not trying to be an ass here, but you better go through and edit all the posts where this site is already mentioned, if you are that concerned about it. If someone that deosnt know what site we are talking about, and looking for information on something else that that site mainly provides, could still stumble upon that site per your forum.

Dont bother PMing me asking for the site. I wont give it.

LollipopLolita
Mar 3, 2003, 03:30 AM
i agree with dj_dan, i don't know what's up with that. if you hate sega fine, but i don't think that was the best way to go about it. he has just helped ruined pso xbox for people that much more. that's just not a logical thing to do, nor a very grownup one. and besides, do you feel so important that sega has to respond to your email specifically? i mean so what if sega didn't respond back? we've tried contacting them before, they didn't respond. not like i'm going to try to do something on psow. and to hate a company that much just for that? having a site with that much userbase (had good charts despite errors), one would think you would have more of a responsibility not to do that. or to come on to psow and try to advertise that through our site.

and i did edit out all the links. but he never had that stuff up before so there was no reason to edit it out before.

one site note, he wouldn't be able to go online with that xbox, and the ms xbox team is aware of the problem.

BrokenHope
Mar 3, 2003, 05:10 AM
On 2003-03-03 00:30, LollipopLolita wrote:
i agree with dj_dan, i don't know what's up with that. if you hate sega fine, but i don't think that was the best way to go about it. he has just helped ruined pso xbox for people that much more. that's just not a logical thing to do, nor a very grownup one. and besides, do you feel so important that sega has to respond to your email specifically? i mean so what if sega didn't respond back? we've tried contacting them before, they didn't respond. not like i'm going to try to do something on psow. and to hate a company that much just for that? having a site with that much userbase (had good charts despite errors), one would think you would have more of a responsibility not to do that. or to come on to psow and try to advertise that through our site.

and i did edit out all the links. but he never had that stuff up before so there was no reason to edit it out before.

one site note, he wouldn't be able to go online with that xbox, and the ms xbox team is aware of the problem.

It's easy enough to fit a mod chip that the user can switch off before going online, a mod chip that isn't active isn't detectable, so i don't see how microsoft can stop this.

Wewt
Mar 3, 2003, 07:39 AM
Angry customers. Don't you just love them?

DELTRON_ZERO
Mar 3, 2003, 08:45 AM
hmmm....so you will be instantly banned if you post links to cheats...isnt this supposed to be pso world...i guess it is pretty similar to the world...lets look at cheating as something as prevelant as lets say....doing drugs...its frowned upon by the vast majority of the continental US..and it is also illegal..but...do people that do crack or smoke herb ect come up the clean and sober people and offer them a hit??! no they dont...they just sit back and do their thing...and do you know why? because people have a choice...being able to choose between different things is sometimes misconstrued when thrown into the mix of whats supposedly right and wrong...anything a person chooses to do is neither right or wrong...but..since a "wrong" thing is frowned upon so harshly it becomes outlawed because...who wants to be frowned upon?...but...isnt this the land of the free? the soil on which we can worship anyone or anything we want?...no its not..because we cant do anything we want..we arent free...well we are in a way...we are free inside rules..we are free as long as we dont bend any of these rules..because then...we wont have our freedom taken away...we will just have our so called freedom lessen to the point where we finally realize you werent free in the first place.

all im really trying to say is...in the real "world" you have a choice to do something or not..and in the pso world..you have a choice to cheat or not...if you choose to cheat..thats your business..if not..thats fine too..dupers dont shove lavis cannons in your face...they are just there existing with or without you..so if the site frowns so harshly upon cheating..theres absolutely no reason whatsoever to even discuss anti cheating things..people that seriously play this game know and have their own version of right and wrong..and can choose for themselves..they dont need some cool guy mods ready to ban them from the pso "world" forums for mentioning something as "ungodly" as duping http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

and on the last note of the this post...why the hell are you so aggrivated with cheating anyway..and why should someone be punished while NOT on pso for just MENTIONING a method of cheating?! answer me that

i dont know if this post will get me banned but to tell you the truth i couldnt care less..there isnt anything really dope about this site anyway...it looks cooler than other sites..wow

-DELTRON ZERO, THE TRUTH PEDDELER

RuneLateralus
Mar 3, 2003, 09:54 AM
On 2003-03-03 05:45, DELTRON_ZERO wrote:
hmmm....so you will be instantly banned if you post links to cheats...isnt this supposed to be pso world...i guess it is pretty similar to the world...lets look at cheating as something as prevelant as lets say....doing drugs...its frowned upon by the vast majority of the continental US..and it is also illegal..but...do people that do crack or smoke herb ect come up the clean and sober people and offer them a hit??! no they dont...they just sit back and do their thing...and do you know why? because people have a choice...being able to choose between different things is sometimes misconstrued when thrown into the mix of whats supposedly right and wrong...anything a person chooses to do is neither right or wrong...but..since a "wrong" thing is frowned upon so harshly it becomes outlawed because...who wants to be frowned upon?...but...isnt this the land of the free? the soil on which we can worship anyone or anything we want?...no its not..because we cant do anything we want..we arent free...well we are in a way...we are free inside rules..we are free as long as we dont bend any of these rules..because then...we wont have our freedom taken away...we will just have our so called freedom lessen to the point where we finally realize you werent free in the first place.

Here we go again...someone comparing cheating to something completely irrevelant. PSO is a game...this site is dedicated to the PSO...and PSO is nothing like real life. And realize that freedom of speech exists here, but it will not be abused like some people do.

all im really trying to say is...in the real "world" you have a choice to do something or not..and in the pso world..you have a choice to cheat or not...if you choose to cheat..thats your business..if not..thats fine too..dupers dont shove lavis cannons in your face...they are just there existing with or without you..so if the site frowns so harshly upon cheating..theres absolutely no reason whatsoever to even discuss anti cheating things..people that seriously play this game know and have their own version of right and wrong..and can choose for themselves..they dont need some cool guy mods ready to ban them from the pso "world" forums for mentioning something as "ungodly" as duping http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Yes, and we do have members that cheat. That is true, but this site is for telling people how to play the game. We decided long ago that PSOW is not, and will never be, a site dedicated to cheating. And you are thinking that PSOW is an actual world. It is not. It is a website and web community for PSO gamers. And besides, the real world itself has rules and laws you have to obey as well. If your break them, are you not punished if caught? The same applies here.

and on the last note of the this post...why the hell are you so aggrivated with cheating anyway..and why should someone be punished while NOT on pso for just MENTIONING a method of cheating?! answer me that

Read the many topics here and you will see why cheating is not liked here by legit players. However, as mods, we do not discriminate members who are legit players from cheaters. We treat everyone the same...no matter what. Posting link to cheat sites is a bannable offense here, and anyone who does it will get the same punishment. And the same applies for other rules. However, if someone does talk about cheating and praises it, then he will not be punished by the mods. That is what this section is for, discussion of cheats. We will not allow them to be shared here, though.

i dont know if this post will get me banned but to tell you the truth i couldnt care less..there isnt anything really dope about this site anyway...it looks cooler than other sites..wow

-DELTRON ZERO, THE TRUTH PEDDELER

Then why did you even bother to even make this post if you do not like this site? There are plenty of PSO sites out there. If you do not like this one so much, feel free to jump to another one. You are not really taking a blow to this site by stating we are facists. After all, this IS PSOW. It is not like the staff were never insulted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-03-03 06:57 ]</font>

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 3, 2003, 04:29 PM
The only thing that this game shares with the real world is the fact that actions bring consequences. Example:

Duping gets out of control on GC so ST patches the servers to get rid of it. Patch inadvertantly causes the double save FSOD that corrupts characters. Duping still exists though it is harder to do.

Companies make cheat devices for the DC. Users find codes to FSOD, RSOD, PK, CK, overwrite other peoples characters as various NPC's, and break into passworded games. DC is no longer safe to play online.

When rules are broken it often results in consequences that hurt alot more people than the ones that broke them.

Saladwood
Mar 3, 2003, 11:19 PM
First of all, cheating on PSO and doing drugs are not things you can compare. I could just as well compare an owl is to a tampon.

Secondly,

I'm not sure what i'm supposed to be answering... what are you even asking?

LollipopLolita
Mar 3, 2003, 11:20 PM
On 2003-03-03 05:45, DELTRON_ZERO wrote:
hmmm....so you will be instantly banned if you post links to cheats...isnt this supposed to be pso world...i guess it is pretty similar to the world...

dear truth peddler:

it is not always an instant ban. if that was the case, it would happen a lot more frequently. case in point, author of original post. is he banned?

in case you didn't realize, this is pso-world which exists in the real world. we don't tell you how to play your game here. if you wanna cheat, dupe or even run around the lobby in circles for 250 laps while screaming out that your auntie likes brown cows on goats and your uncle sits on monkeys, go ahead. i don't really give a damn what anyone does on their own time, you wanna declare you love cheating, go ahead. but here we have certain rules we're adhering to, just like the real world, we have rules. don't like it, find another place to post. hey there's a million pso sites out there, we never claimed we're the best, and we're not trying to be the best, we're just here to provide information and a community. but in case you haven't noticed, psow never exactly chose a side for or against cheating. we just say: hey, don't post those links here. not like i'm going to ban every single person who speaks their mind. not like we're hopping around stranggling every person who dares mention cheating or duping. this is a non issue in psow, i'd rather be making guides.

and really, comparing cheating to doing drugs? that's ridiculously taking things out of proportion and context. that's a big fallacy. and why would i ban you? and why would i care if you care or not if you're banned? you don't even have a single warning. and, hey, why are you so aggravated yourself when we're not?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-03 20:22 ]</font>

BonusKun
Mar 4, 2003, 08:37 AM
Only thing I can say.

To you blind X-Box fanboys who said Xbox PSOwould be cheat free, you've just proven how stupid you are.

To be honest I had givin the Xbox 5 days tops before someone figured out something.

Somebody figured it out in two days.

Heh,
At least the Gamecube put up a much better fight.

Sashi
Mar 4, 2003, 08:51 AM
On 2003-03-04 05:37, BonusKun wrote:

Yep. A Whole week.

BonusKun
Mar 4, 2003, 05:18 PM
On 2003-03-04 05:51, Sashi wrote:

On 2003-03-04 05:37, BonusKun wrote:

Yep. A Whole week.

lol

Davion
Mar 4, 2003, 05:23 PM
I wonder how PC PSO's dupe deal is going. I'm only saying that because the X-Box is the closest console to a PC nowadays.

Phelan
Mar 4, 2003, 05:31 PM
The xbox dupe trick is much more involved than every other systems, and it does require you to "tinker" with the internals of your xbox, so I doubt you will see many young kids doing it. Hopefully that fact alone will make the xbox much better of than say GC, in which cheating wasn't all that difficult (I have been told it is really easy, I have no first hand knowledge so if I am wrong about this pardon me.)

KoA
Mar 4, 2003, 08:05 PM
Just to let u all know, its not my site, I just go there every once in a while and when he put that dupe method up, i thought it was pretty stupid,

BonusKun
Mar 5, 2003, 03:18 AM
On 2003-03-04 14:31, Phelan wrote:
Hopefully that fact alone will make the xbox much better of than say GC, in which cheating wasn't all that difficult (I have been told it is really easy, I have no first hand knowledge so if I am wrong about this pardon me.)

Well I wish that were wholly ture but I can expect the Xbox to get flooded sooner or later with the duped rares all over.

Sad but it's true.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BrokenHope
Mar 5, 2003, 08:18 AM
On 2003-03-05 00:18, BonusKun wrote:

On 2003-03-04 14:31, Phelan wrote:
Hopefully that fact alone will make the xbox much better of than say GC, in which cheating wasn't all that difficult (I have been told it is really easy, I have no first hand knowledge so if I am wrong about this pardon me.)

Well I wish that were wholly ture but I can expect the Xbox to get flooded sooner or later with the duped rares all over.

Sad but it's true.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yep. Only needs about 2-3 people to dupe like mad to ruin it all.