PDA

View Full Version : Item Bloody Gimlet -- Best way to find?

RoboSllim
Mar 9, 2010, 08:21 PM
I'm looking for the Bloody Gimlet on Hard. I still need to find the cake shop to get to Super Hard.

So, given the difficulty level limitation, what's the best way to get this weapon? Euladas? Humilias? Blade Mother? For now, I've been doing the "Into the Future" (I think that's name?) quest, since it starts you off half-way through the Dark Shrine. I've found three other items that are marked "boosted" in the drop chart but were dropped by non-boosted monsters: two Phyteumas and one Sky Survey.

My main question is how do boss drop rates compare to normal enemies? Would it be worth it to go through Arca and fight Humilias to try to get it? Or are the more abundant Euladas more likely to drop it? Or maybe I should tackle the Tower again?

Macman
Mar 9, 2010, 09:09 PM
Just a little note, you don't need the cake shop quest to unlock super hard.

RoboSllim
Mar 9, 2010, 09:15 PM
Well then. Not sure why I was under that impression...
How do I get it, then? Just beat all the other quests?

psofan219
Mar 9, 2010, 09:44 PM
To unlock Super Hard, you must complete all other quests on Hard, including Eternal Tower, but not including the Cake Shop quest.

Parasite159
Mar 9, 2010, 11:49 PM
you need to do the cakeshop if you want to compress PA

RoboSllim
Mar 10, 2010, 08:18 AM
Alright. Got it. I unlocked Super Hard last night and started going through the Shrine (which was, as they say, "super hard") and I was barely getting ANY weapon drops, let alone the Gimlet. I got a few Sky Surveys, but the majority of drops were meseta and consumables. I can keep trying, though.

I'd still like to know the answer to my general question: how do boss drops compare to regular enemies? One boss drops multiple items at a time, whereas regulars drop one at a time but appear in greater numbers, but both have a list of items they can drop each time, so it's not clear which gives a greater chance for any one item. Also, are the drop rates different for bosses and regulars? Does anyone know?

Hatrix
Mar 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty sure DFalz droped one for me on Super, if not him I know it was in the shrine, where I've done about 30 runs

RoboSllim
Mar 10, 2010, 11:40 PM
I know it may be a bit early to say this, but I'm starting to get frustrated. It seems like most enemies aren't dropping anything worth anything. I've gotten some Sky Surveys, as usual, but aside from that I'm getting mostly green items and meseta, with an occasional other thing thrown in here and there. I don't think a Eulada has dropped a single item for me yet. Is it just my imagination, or do enemies drop less good loot on Super?

theskull
Apr 14, 2010, 06:17 AM
im hunting too for that bloody gimlet, im everything but lucky :/ i killed more than 200 eulada with boosted variant too but nothing..:/ im loosing hope :/

Firehouse
Apr 14, 2010, 02:16 PM
Welcome to my life doing Arca Plant runs. Nothing but Blue Bulletta's, EVERYWHERE.

The_Pup
Apr 14, 2010, 09:49 PM
Welcome to my life doing Arca Plant runs. Nothing but Blue Bulletta's, EVERYWHERE.

It's more likely to pick up a decent BB gun than a decent Crimson Vis or Psychogun. Hell, the BB gun I use is far better than the two CVs I got percentage wise.

fingyer
Apr 15, 2010, 12:02 AM
Everyone in this forum is so unlucky! Not that I'm saying I'm any luckier... :-(

Hatrix
Apr 15, 2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah I guess Eulada slaying is the way to go, keep in mind it's a rare/unique 6* weapon meaning it's harder to find than others. It sells for 10 meseta unlike Foie Haze which is a 7* and sells as a regular priced item. If your online I'd suggest doing runs in the field (not quests) for the boost in drops