PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else migrating to PSO?

SuperRygar
Mar 11, 2010, 03:04 PM
I logged into PSU last night and didn't feel like playing AT ALL ;( but I now feel like starting up in PSO on everybodys favorite private server

Anybody else want to? ^.^

Pob
Mar 11, 2010, 06:24 PM
Quite a few of us already moved there :) Challenge mode is as addictive as ever!

Google
Mar 11, 2010, 07:05 PM
I migrated back to PSO after playing PSU for a few minutes.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 11, 2010, 07:49 PM
Nah, I don't feel like downgrading.

Powder Keg
Mar 11, 2010, 08:04 PM
I still enjoy PSO and have some decent characters and equipment there, but I haven't played it in a while, especially after moving to 360 and trying to catch up with MAG+ and now the PA boost coming up.

MegaZoneXE
Mar 11, 2010, 08:10 PM
one can return to Ragol?! how?

Cranberry
Mar 11, 2010, 09:38 PM
How? Google Phantasy Star Online and it should become clear to you. That's as close a hint as I can give you.

HeartBreak301
Mar 11, 2010, 09:49 PM
Are you on BB by chance Cranberry? I know how much of a GC crusader you are, rocking the windmill. But yeah, just Google PSO, if you can't find it you're blind.

Splash
Mar 11, 2010, 10:43 PM
No need to be insulting. If they can't find it, they can't find it.

Proff
Mar 11, 2010, 11:24 PM
Jesus Christ, can we still not talk about private servers here? Hell it's not like that LAST GEN game is 10 years old or anything and completely shut down in most of the world.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 11, 2010, 11:37 PM
Jesus Christ, can we still not talk about private servers here? Hell it's not like that LAST GEN game is 10 years old or anything and completely shut down in most of the world.

PSO-World's staff has fairly close ties with Sega, and as well, a number of Sega employees are active members, here. Sega's been turning a blind-eye to the existence of private servers, but it's probably a good idea if you don't stick things right under their face. That said, it remains PSO-World's policy to leave the private servers' details to the private servers' forums. In the end, this is better for all of us. PSO-World gets Sega swag to pass out in contests, and the operators of the private servers don't get cease-and-desist letters.

HeartBreak301
Mar 11, 2010, 11:49 PM
Yup, everyone is happy this way, although I would like some of that swag. :wacko:

Cranberry
Mar 12, 2010, 02:10 AM
I'm only on Gamecube PSO. I'm not on Blue Burst.

kevlar_pso
Mar 12, 2010, 02:21 AM
I should try logging in with my ASCii controller/keyboard in hand. Well, before the mouse hiding in my garage destroys it. . . .

johnwolf
Mar 12, 2010, 03:21 AM
only game i can see migrating from this wonderful game is PSZ or PSP 2 (when it comes to th US of A). But because these are Handhelds i say you don't have to REALY migrate. If they made a Wii PSZ with a LVL cap of 200 and being able to bring PSZ DS characters over and being able to play with PSZ DS. yah I'd see why you'd want to migrate over.

Mar 12, 2010, 06:18 AM
Does migrating from bb to v2 count? (Even though I still play bb more). I wish more people played v2. =/

Google
Mar 12, 2010, 10:00 PM
one can return to Ragol?! how?
I didn't know you could leave.

AlexCraig
Mar 13, 2010, 12:51 PM
Kinda hard to migrate to when you never left from.

psofan219
Mar 13, 2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah O.o I think the main idea of this thread was for PSU players coming back to PSO, hence the title "Migrating back to PSO" or whatever (too lazy to scroll back up a few posts and check the title) :lol:

Vanzazikon
Mar 13, 2010, 03:54 PM
Damn immigrants.

DC_PLAYER
Mar 13, 2010, 06:34 PM
Tried PSU for 5 minutes, i migrated instantly to PSO again.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 13, 2010, 06:36 PM
Some mod thought this should be a PSO thread, even though it's asking PSU players.

imgrier
Apr 7, 2010, 02:31 PM
I've tried to go there many times and have had no success in figuring out how to get anything started. So now I'm looking to go back to playing GC offline because I know a few people who will join me locally.

GUARDIANDNL
Apr 7, 2010, 02:40 PM
i never play PSU online...but always want to play the GC version of PSO...now i getting a plus version from japan to it again...i love the game, i regret myself when i sell it a few years ago, here in my country is very difficult to find...with the exception of episode 3, any way, i still play ver.2 of PSO on that private server...but i miss a lot my fomar and always have problems with BB on my laptop...anyway..PSO is a game that never ever die

DarkShadowX
Apr 7, 2010, 09:34 PM
I've started up again on PSOBB on my old account. Can't say I really migrated since I'll probably only be play once in awhile, dunno if I'll get serious with it again. 10 years on DC and GC I think was enough, but who knows....

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 7, 2010, 10:06 PM
I've tried to go there many times and have had no success in figuring out how to get anything started. So now I'm looking to go back to playing GC offline because I know a few people who will join me locally.

if u need help getting on i could tell u without giving away info/name about private server, well that is if the problem is something not too related that i know

jnblz316
Apr 13, 2010, 10:31 PM
I'm officially done with anything Phantasy Star related. I played PSO for over 7 years and had a blast. PSU totally let me down and after that I just thought it was time to move on from the franchise. Going back to school for my masters didn't help the matter much as well.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 16, 2010, 04:42 AM
I've been playing BB for about 4 weeks on a very sparing basis. My main is only lvl 22, and finding low-level parties not spamming TTF can be difficult at times. Skyline seems to be the most populated, but which ship do the players here use, and is there anyone up for some laid-back low-level runs in the future?

Megatron0088
Apr 16, 2010, 10:28 AM
I'm only on Gamecube PSO. I'm not on Blue Burst.

I am also on Gamecube. If u wanna party up, i made a thread for recruiting teammates where u can post when ur available :) or u can pm me or post on my page. Guld&milla also plays actively on Gamecube.

Dallasdaddi
Apr 16, 2010, 10:31 AM
I love both PSOBB & PSU i do really like PSOBB alot and i still like psu too :) call me stupid but the PS: games have changed my life in a Very good way :D

Ithildin
Apr 16, 2010, 12:03 PM
I've been playing BB for about 4 weeks on a very sparing basis. My main is only lvl 22, and finding low-level parties not spamming TTF can be difficult at times. Skyline seems to be the most populated, but which ship do the players here use, and is there anyone up for some laid-back low-level runs in the future?

Yeh sure. I have a lv 23 HUmar. I'm not a real fan of TTF so give me a shout and I could join you.

Megatron0088
Apr 16, 2010, 01:03 PM
we can form a pretty big community for the gamecube ship if we form up. GameCubers Unite!!! lol. i collect purple energon cubes so it makes sense, yes? lol.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2010, 04:33 AM
I went back to PSO GC as well since PSU shut its doors. Some people here might know me but i think most don't.

I should sig my chars...

DarkShadowX
Apr 18, 2010, 08:16 AM

I'm game, I myself just started back on PSOBB about 4 weeks ago, playing very casually so I'm only around lvl 24 or so. Send me a message if you ever want to play, I myself am tired of TTF, did enough runs of that during my DC and GC days.

EvilMag
Apr 18, 2010, 10:16 AM
I'll be playing all 3 versions, PCv2, GC, and BB play with me. I'll be on PCv2 more.

Neith
Apr 18, 2010, 11:21 AM
Oh god I just made another Skyly HUnewearl :disapprove:

Not sure if it'll last but it's something to do when I'm not on PSP2.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2010, 11:42 AM
Nothing wrong with HUnewearls Neith ;3

What platform tho?

Neith
Apr 18, 2010, 12:44 PM
Nothing wrong with HUnewearls Neith ;3

What platform tho?

Blue Burst. No idea if I'll even play much, only just started again. I've played HUnewearl loads in the past (had a Lv200 on the SEGA BB servers), but I've had to start from scratch again. Only level 4 at the moment :wacko:

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2010, 03:59 PM
Ah shame. I got 3 of these cuties on GC, 1 on BB (Though i basicly quit BB) and 1 on PSU as well ;3

They're all named Ce'Nedra aside the 2 extra i got on GC ^_^ (They're named Miasia and Lyaela)

Megatron0088
Apr 18, 2010, 04:59 PM
I went back to PSO GC as well since PSU shut its doors. Some people here might know me but i think most don't.

I should sig my chars...

then how about pairing up with me and guld&milla? i think i will be able to play tomorrow at 2:00pm. i will keep u posted. or we can play on wed at 10:00am eastern.

Neith
Apr 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
Ah shame. I got 3 of these cuties on GC, 1 on BB (Though i basicly quit BB) and 1 on PSU as well ;3

They're all named Ce'Nedra aside the 2 extra i got on GC ^_^ (They're named Miasia and Lyaela)

Heh, I still have GC memory cards with all my characters on (there's a HUney on there too), but I have no means of connecting the GC to the servers. I have the broadband adapter from way back, but I can't run an ethernet cable through the house now :lol:

But yeah, HUney has always been my main class. I've had about 5-6 on GC, and 3 over my time on BB >_>

Bitzen
Apr 18, 2010, 09:40 PM
Just started playing BB again, made my first HUcast EVER. Not sure how I like him yet.

KunoTatewaki
Apr 19, 2010, 02:30 AM
I remade my RAmar from years back onto PSObb hopefully will gain some friends on it :/

DuRaL
Apr 19, 2010, 06:56 AM
Heh, I still have GC memory cards with all my characters on (there's a HUney on there too), but I have no means of connecting the GC to the servers. I have the broadband adapter from way back, but I can't run an ethernet cable through the house now :lol:

But yeah, HUney has always been my main class. I've had about 5-6 on GC, and 3 over my time on BB >_>

you can connect your GC to a PC/Notebook and use the WLAN (via network-bridge)

that's what i do, cause otherwise i'd have to use a ~30 meter LAN cable through almost every room of the house >_>

Neith
Apr 19, 2010, 09:10 AM
you can connect your GC to a PC/Notebook and use the WLAN (via network-bridge)

that's what i do, cause otherwise i'd have to use a ~30 meter LAN cable through almost every room of the house >_>

Thanks for the tip. I'm sort of glad to be starting from scratch though, gives me something to do.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 19, 2010, 03:51 PM
You can start from scrath on PSO GC online too, i can help ya out as well :P

I know a person who got like over 10 Huneys, one of each ID and then more XD

We're not the only one who wub them ;3

Neith
Apr 19, 2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I know a couple of people on BB, so I'll stick with that. Level 16 now :lol:

Gunslinger-08
Apr 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
When do you guys usually play? I've had a hard time finding parties lately.

EvilMag
Apr 20, 2010, 12:07 AM
What version your playing?

DarkShadowX
Apr 20, 2010, 05:11 AM
When do you guys usually play? I've had a hard time finding parties lately.

My schedule is rather erratic so I have no set time when I play, just whenever I have the time. Send me a message if you want to play and if I'm available I'll join. Today is no good (unless you're on from 8AM EST to 10AM EST), but I am off tomorrow so if you're on tomorrow I can join.

VioletSkye
Apr 20, 2010, 04:50 PM
Got bored yesterday and started playing again. I'll most likely be getting back online tonight for awhile so I'm hoping there are still some GC players on the private servers :)

Neith
Apr 20, 2010, 04:57 PM
Got bored yesterday and started playing again. I'll most likely be getting back online tonight for awhile so I'm hoping there are still some GC players on the private servers :)

There must be something going around if all the old PSO players are coming back :lol:

I don't know how many GC players are left (I'm on BB), but I'd imagine getting games shouldn't be too hard.

AlexCraig
Apr 20, 2010, 08:44 PM
If I could get my GC online, I would. But for some reason, no matter how many times I try, I can't get it on. Ah well. I'll try again later on if i can.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 20, 2010, 08:48 PM
My schedule is rather erratic so I have no set time when I play, just whenever I have the time. Send me a message if you want to play and if I'm available I'll join. Today is no good (unless you're on from 8AM EST to 10AM EST), but I am off tomorrow so if you're on tomorrow I can join.

I'll try to remember. I probably won't be on much over the next few days, though. I've got a paper and an ecology exam to worry about.

Splash
Apr 20, 2010, 09:32 PM
I don't know how many GC players are left (I'm on BB), but I'd imagine getting games shouldn't be too hard.

Depends on your level...

Ce'Nedra
Apr 21, 2010, 12:34 PM
If I could get my GC online, I would. But for some reason, no matter how many times I try, I can't get it on. Ah well. I'll try again later on if i can.

I added you to msn/aim for that.

@Neith: It might be hard to get games on GC online, mostly when i check its limited, cause 90% are in quest or locked.

AlexCraig
Apr 21, 2010, 01:30 PM
I added you to msn/aim for that.

I was wondering who that was.

Fang_Uchiha
Apr 21, 2010, 07:41 PM
Yea! There aint nothing wrong with PSO yea PSU is cool and all but there no need to talk bad about PSO...jerks

chibipocky15
Apr 21, 2010, 07:51 PM
i've only played PSU, whats PSO like and how can i get it? Do i have to pay for online? Is it really that good?

Ce'Nedra
Apr 22, 2010, 12:59 AM
PSO mostly only excists on private or japanese servers. for GC its only Private, but i heard BB still has a japanese server with content updates. Not sure if it's free though.

We can't talk much about private servers here though, you'd need to use google in order to find them