PDA

View Full Version : close this world - open the next

rena-ko
Mar 2, 2003, 04:20 PM
maybe this belongs to rant or off topic but i kinda felt like it has to be posted here ^_^ sorry...

friday night i drew the line...
using the weekly gathering with my best pso-friends, we set meetingpoint, date and time for our 1st encounter through the cube. after some chatting with them and others via mail, i and 'my first guildcard' made a last run through ultimate mines.

after a while, i decided, it shouldnt be Shinobu (my third chara), no it should be Rena (my first chara) who has the priviledge to end this. 1 minute later i was like getting my favorite weapons and mags out of the bank...
panzer tail and panther claw, nandin and yamigarasu, my mines50%-pick and there i went.

wow, i was a bit unskilled with my HUnewearl, since it was ages ago, when i stopped with her, but then after a while i was back in the pattern.

what to say more? vol opt died and left a monomate ^_^

i made sure, everyone i left behind had my mail-adress, then i wished 'first guildcard' good night, ended my last time online with the quote from serial experiments lain and logged off.

hm... after the GD-rom stopped spinning i got it out of the diskdrive, put it back into the package and stored it with the keyboard - but not at the usual place this time (and usually i let PSOv2 right there inside the DC), no it went there where the retired games go...
finally i dug out the cube-keyboard-controller which had to wait sooo long in my closet and set it ready to being used...
i was kinda moved when i went to bed this night.

the other day i got a letter with my visa-card - it's now on top of the cube-keyboard, waiting for the rest to arrive.
now i feel like a little child - i can wait, but just thinking about it, how i'll meet up with my old friends in the lobby, waving at them via keyboard, makes me smile (almost something between grinning and giggling) in anticipation...

tomorrow morning will be the last exam... then after that i'll have to kill time otherwise...

edit: ^_^ hit the 700 with this, like yay

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-03-02 13:21 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Mar 2, 2003, 04:25 PM
ahhh to be a noob again...I wouldnt have it any other way.

rena-ko
Mar 2, 2003, 04:48 PM
exactly ^_^

TenguMan007
Mar 2, 2003, 04:53 PM
Id like to start all over again. But I dont have the time anymore.

Sedyne
Mar 2, 2003, 05:01 PM
I got corrupted at 125+ 2x and started over at 80+ 4 times. Thats because i have a life ^_^. or pso just is too addicting.

Auracom
Mar 2, 2003, 05:09 PM
That's a sad story... poor pso characters. Atleast now your new characters can explore Episode 2 along with Episode 1. I wish I could get online though, I'd love to join you online. (why are hubs so expensive...)

hucasts_rock
Mar 2, 2003, 05:34 PM
it's kinda fun to be a noob again...especially after getting corrupted 5 times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rena-ko
Mar 2, 2003, 05:40 PM
thank you auracom, ^_^
but some of them - the important ones - will get revived over the time...

and... i wouldnt call it noob, more newbie (since.. wasnt noob standing for ignorant idiots)...

VulpesMundi
Mar 2, 2003, 08:14 PM
I remember when I ended my Dreamcast PSO career. It was kind of sad to let it go, but I look back now and think I've moved on to bigger and better things. Besides, almost everyone I knew on the DC had either left or was going to leave (most moving over to the GC at the time), so it's not like I wouldn't see them again. I've run into most of them at some point or another on the GC, and that has made it feel like the good ol' days, just with ten times the rare items and rare enemies found. lol

I don't think we ever met on the DC, but your personality here has always made you seem like a person I would enjoy playing with. Hope to see you on the GC soon, rena-ko. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Mar 3, 2003, 04:21 AM
just a month ago i was almost depressed by the thought to have to give up all the time and exp and items and memories...
but now i see the bright side of it: restarting, new content, improvements and - the first 20 or so levels are the most challenging and fun anyway.

well, despite the difficulties concerning our different time-zones, maybe we manage to stumble over each other some time ^_^
would be fun, i think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-03-03 01:22 ]</font>

Wolfos
Mar 3, 2003, 05:32 AM
Man, That a cool story, I used to play quite a few game befor i decided to set myself to the phantasy star games and a lot of the rpgs i played where online ( Games like MIR, Soma and ragnarok. ) i meet a lot of good freinds and ive seen people quit games becosue theyve lost chars and items, even get lagged out and die. if you think about it. it all seems stupid since its a game. you mess up you start again, sure its frustrating http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but thats what game where made for. anger managment http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif IM hoping to see all of oyu come march 7th and it will be a honor to get into a game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif since this game was ment to meet people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skuld_0
Mar 3, 2003, 12:32 PM
I remember when i stoped playing Dc pso. PSO v2 comes out and i bought it, and at the time i had a cable modem and no dial up isp. and i didn't have a bba for the dc. so then novemeber 11th 2001 k-marts blue light internet stoped working. that was the last day i got online and the last day i remember playing and im still waiting on the xb version.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 3, 2003, 12:42 PM
Welcome to this world, my friend. I'm somewhat a "noob"ian as well. I'm totally having a blast, even though i don't have a nifty little keyboard, i think that i'm doing okay with my software keyboard. Not great... just okay. hahahaha.

R

SolitaryEcho
Mar 3, 2003, 01:58 PM
Its just a game

VulpesMundi
Mar 3, 2003, 09:20 PM
Yes, it's just a game. But you forget that these are real people who play that game. There's an old saying "home is where your heart is." Friendships blossom in the strangest of places. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sio9
Mar 3, 2003, 09:48 PM
I wonder what it's like to be a PSO Veteran. I'm such a noob. My friends are 80 and 90 levels ahead of me.

StryderPSO
Mar 3, 2003, 10:28 PM
yeah i remember the last day i went on with DC it turned out to be when i got V.2 the day it came out, and logged on with V.1 and was gonna retire after i lobby chatted for a while, but when i went to do the v.2 my parents wouldnt let me use CC so i was SOL till i got debit card, but by than i wasnt interested in playing DC becasue the GC version was around 6 months from release, and the DC was hacked...I was sad

IronKnight
Mar 3, 2003, 10:56 PM
But Rena... I thought you were getting PSO Xbox... The voice, talky... *runs to room* sniffle, sniffle.

rena-ko
Mar 4, 2003, 05:24 AM
uh? where did you get that from?
in my sig for example i had DC characters and then a GCN character filler for ages ^_^

and yeah, it may be just a game, but for me its also fun when i'm depressed, having great friends whose hands i can lay my digital life into and lots of things more.

Skuld_0
Mar 4, 2003, 12:57 PM
Its just a game that...that was the only thing i did for 7 months and only stoped playing it to sleep,eat,bathroom, and playt sonic adventure 2.

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 4, 2003, 01:04 PM
I failed english 9 because of PSO. I got home around 3:30pm everyday, then played until 1:00 am in the morning. On Fridays it was from 3 until 7 in the morning. Then, I woke up at 11 a.m. or so and played again. I once got 60 levels in just one weekend, them my char got corrupted and I started over. It was life.....

....not to say it still is.....but waiting for PSOX sure is taking a heck of a lot more time than I ever thought!