PDA

View Full Version : Forces Opinions

rafa_luigi
Mar 12, 2010, 12:16 AM
Well, I'd like to hear ome opinions about weapons for high lvl forces. Using rods to maximize mst and use materials with emphasys in mind and hit as well as the mag or wands to abuse of the act trick so the pp loss doesn't affect you much with balanced status with materials (on HP, PP, swift and mind) and mag (hit and mind)?

Just want to read some ideas here... =]

Dobbin
Mar 12, 2010, 12:19 AM
I have a 100 mind mag
80 mind mats (fonewm)
psycho wand.
Tech save 3
2 divine minds
1 pp recov 5

it's pro

rafa_luigi
Mar 12, 2010, 12:34 AM
humm two questions:
1- Don't you run off pp fast?
2- How do you use your pallete?

I'd be glad if you could tell me that ^^

Zike
Mar 12, 2010, 12:57 AM
Right now I am rocking a Alicia Oliva celeb lvl 3 magical sign wand and it is easy on pp and does some great damage when stacked with gimegid, I use to be similar to dobbin but you do burn through fluids fast though, but usualy 10 monos and dis are enough for almost everything (except tower of course)

zeital
Mar 12, 2010, 01:00 AM
i have a FOnewearl, she eats through my fuilds, i have 1 PP rec 5, compress PA, d/mind and tech save 3, i'm using a WD till i get to 90 so i can use the PW

um how i use my palette, it varies alot now when i do runs on wifi, but i always have anti and resta, and the rest is a mix of buff/debuffs and tech depending where i run

Dobbin
Mar 12, 2010, 01:18 AM
Screw anti.
I'm more of a:
offensive spell(varies on map)-attack-roll
shifta/jellen-deband/zalure-resta.

My teammates don't need anti!

And I hardly run out of pp because my groups kill quickly.

It's a pallet for teh pros!

And yes, I know anti is great.
But I always keep my team alive, and status affects arnt scary.

rafa_luigi
Mar 12, 2010, 01:18 AM
Got it, but you always use fluids? I'm using one magi circuit max grinded (while I'm doubting of my weapon choice) with act trick, so when I'm running out off PP I just use the PA till I'm full...
Everytime I use rods even with a higher mst the only difference is the use of fluids...

zeital
Mar 12, 2010, 01:28 AM
yea fuild use most of the time is unavoidable and i keep anti just in case i can't get around to the person in time thats if i'm running if only 1 or 2 people

Dobbin
Mar 12, 2010, 01:29 AM
Well when I get close to running out if PP which hardly happens, I'll either do
1. Be lazy and trifluid it. ( Ill get another later )
or
2. Spam my attack, which hits fir about 150, and won't miss as long as I have zalure on the enemy

rafa_luigi
Mar 12, 2010, 01:39 AM
Do you usually attack? Sometimes it seems morre efficient lol

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 01:49 AM
My palette is - Resta, Roll, Attack/Anti, Difluid, Zalure
Thats my palette for slicer use. For techs I just swap attack for a spell and zalure for shifta.
I keep anti on my palette because there is one status effect you'd probably find quite scary, it's called incapacitation. Besides, the other ones are just pesky. I'm a FOmarl, I specialize in support.

zeital
Mar 12, 2010, 01:50 AM
wat use like normal attack sept for slicer users, no never in the higher lvs

rafa_luigi
Mar 12, 2010, 02:20 AM
Well, I'm still new to play with others... I'm with a HUcast 81 and a FOnewm 74. I'm not used to think about supporting lol. Since I can only revive others I'm not used to use anti on my pallete. When I find a good group to play wih I'll probably go with it!

zeital
Mar 12, 2010, 02:21 AM
y not join our group, the link is on my sig XD

FOmarRashidi
Mar 12, 2010, 06:48 AM
If you are with people that are not going to die on you more than five times in a run, you can use L+start and use sol and moon atomizers to cover what Anti does.

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 08:44 AM
But it's not nearly as convenient. You can charge an anti before a trap even goes off, or charge an anti as you see someone falling to the ground. It's also inconvenient because you'll be vulnerable while you sort through your inventory, since you can't move.
Anti is generally just more convenient.
I almost never see people use sol atomizers. They are just too lazy and they aren't going to stop in the middle of a fight to get rid of burn. People like not having to deal with status effects, and I don't like dealing with them, so anti for me. Like you said, if they aren't going to die multiple times, they can probably go without an extra buff. If they are going to die, then you'll need anti anyway. Thats just how I see it. In the end it's just preference, but anti is worth it just as much as whatever else would go there.

Dobbin
Mar 12, 2010, 09:58 AM
Anti...
I am a force and I still use moons.

It takes about 1 second to get in my inventory and use it

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 12:31 PM
My consumable inventory has everything in it, and I think most people carry around mates/fluids etc. as well. So I remain doubtful. Besides, it doesn't really matter. All I'm saying is that Anti is useful whether you choose to accept that or not, and it's been proven to be useful.

FOmarRashidi
Mar 12, 2010, 06:35 PM
^

It's convenient to me because it's one less space to worry about. I'm not saying that Anti is a bad tech. What I am saying though if I have the option to free up a space on my palette and use the L+Start shortcut and use a consumable in place of Anti, then I'll do it. If you want Anti on your palette indefinitely, then go ahead and do it. Either way, you're making yourself useful in the status aliment removing/reviving department.

Dobbin
Mar 12, 2010, 09:16 PM
Anyways!
Anti is just not my thing.

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 10:49 PM
@Rashidi: I was a FOmarl in PSO, and in PSO forces were pretty much only good for buffing. Hunters and Rangers outdamaged them by just way too much for them to do any useful damage in ultimate, so I guess I'm just used to taking on the suppport role. There's also the fact that FOmarls were built for support, so I guess I just feel obligated to have anti. That reminds me, I need to finish leveling to 148 for my Ricos Glasses. They are really crappy but they look cool lol.
@Dobbin: Fair enough :]

leviayurashyguy
Mar 13, 2010, 03:52 AM
Anti is REALLY now on my priorities. i use it on my Hunter buts thats because i have pallette slots to spare but on my Force, Zalure, Shifta, and my 2 Attack techs our way more important.

its easy enough to just L+Start and use an Atomizer. you can use them rather quickly if you're use to where they are located which IIRC are at the bottom above scape dolls and trap visions.

its is easier for me to use a Star Atomizer than to charge Alanti and waste 30 PP

Draquoir
Mar 13, 2010, 04:26 PM
Yea I'm finding that more and more anti is just a waste of a pallete spot.

rafa_luigi
Mar 14, 2010, 01:20 AM
Zeital, I've already added the group and added your FC, hope you don't mind (actually I added both of them lol)