PDA

View Full Version : NPC team members

KUyTh
Mar 13, 2010, 04:26 PM
who is the best npc party member and what for a team should i set up if i want to do a quest or access field?

thx in advance!

Parasite159
Mar 13, 2010, 04:31 PM
i'd say anyone but ogi, he's a terrible shot and tends to blow up traps when you're standind beside them

Draquoir
Mar 13, 2010, 04:33 PM
Sarisa and Kai, Kai randomly does some mega damage.

leviayurashyguy
Mar 13, 2010, 04:35 PM
i find Kai to be the best. he uses Deband when on "Saftey First"

psofan219
Mar 13, 2010, 04:37 PM
I say anyone but Reve. If you have a problem with Ogi blowing up those exploding boxes next to you you should probably blow them up before doing anything else... I'm sure everyone who's gotten into at least the ET on Normal has SOME kind of gun they can use, or Slicer if you prefer those. Reve doesn't do anything except get killed and only heal himself (he's never healed me or anyone else), where as Ogi is an android and gets the auto HP regen, and on top of that his gun steals HP, though the amount is so small it doesn't really matter. Kai uses Shifta/Deband, and Sarisa actually has a decent Resta and heals the group when they need it unless you put it on Attack All Out. If you're planning on using Attack All Out, don't put Sarisa in your team. Any other command, don't put Reve in your team. That's just my opinion.

steaIth
Mar 13, 2010, 05:43 PM
i like having Reve, another meat shield for my ranger

arkane
Mar 13, 2010, 08:16 PM
Kai is a must. He occasionally lights things on fire, which does more damage than the rest of the NPCs put together. I always bring Sarisa too. I'm only dragging Reve/Ogi along until I get the title for choosing them 50 times.

Jonzales
Mar 13, 2010, 08:54 PM
Sarisa and Kai, Kai randomly does some mega damage.

yea i think thats the burn damage from his level 3 heat on his axeon, since it does a certain percentage of damage from the enemies max health, it does like 400+ on the mothers i always have Sarisa and Kai although reve/ogi is a toss up

Reve dies more this means you loose his photon blast to chain into yours, he also uses his PA alot which ruins chains's (as the whole the higher the chain the extra damage you do with a PA) and wastes the potential of a HUGE damage dealer, he does however paralyse things on occcaison with his zonde

Ogi survives more (photon blast) and doesnt use PA's as liberally as reve (good thing) but he most often than not does 0 damage

both have pro's and con's

Sleeper
Mar 13, 2010, 08:56 PM
Ogi is a completely random shot. I think he shoots traps delibratly. Its a conspiracy...

Gold Slime
Mar 14, 2010, 12:55 PM
I use Kai and Sarisa every mission and field access. Then I add Ogi or Reve depending on my mood, which area I'm running, and which command I'll have them fighting by.

Nick O'Demus
Mar 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
Kai and Sarisa are the only truly useful NPCs. Reeve can heal himself, but only weakly, and he tends to run up and try to solo-melee the strongest hostile that spawns, which gets him killed regularly. Ogi has high HP and defense, but no healing, and he tends to stand right on top of spike traps until all hostiles are defeated, which gets him killed regularly too.

Also, NEVER take Ogi anywhere with Needle Traps. Just, don't.

Marumaru
Mar 14, 2010, 06:09 PM
It depends I guess.
Playing a Hunter, I go for Sarissa, Kai and Reve.
Specially as a HUcast, the three can cast Resta, so it's the best formation in my opinion.

Being a Force, maybe you can change Sarissa for Ogi. Don't know though.

Marumaru
Mar 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
Ogi is a completely random shot. I think he shoots traps delibratly. Its a conspiracy...

In the presence of red boxes, I always wait far from them till Ogi blows them up XD

Sleeper
Mar 15, 2010, 04:30 AM
The man speaks the truth

Lancen
Mar 15, 2010, 09:38 AM
I usually bring only Kai. I find everyone else to be worthless.

Dnd
Mar 15, 2010, 09:59 AM
ON my force, i use reve and kai as ogis shot, and sarisa's techs bug out my techs somewhat. On my hunter i use none of them, whenever i can. but in the tower, i use ogi,reve and Kai for high HP meatshields

Dragwind
Mar 16, 2010, 06:05 PM
Sarisa to me is the only NPC that has any bit of worth in a mission if you use safety first.