PDA

View Full Version : Your Custom Chats

King_Yoshi42
Mar 15, 2010, 05:06 PM
Probably a clone thread, but I haven't seen one of these the whole time i've been here.

So describe your custom chats you've drawn and use.

Yeah, we all know about the Cpt. Falcon and Over 9000 chats floating around (who drew those anyway?), so unless you're here to take credit, don't describe them here.

If you're super tech savvy, you could also post some pics.

-----------------------------------

Anyway, anyone who has played with me knows about my Yoshemotes. I got one for just about everything: happy, sad, angry, "Goodbye", tongue sticking out, "Lets Go", "I found a rare!", "Help!", "Thank You", etc.

I also have a few others, including:
-A smiley with a top hat, monicle, and cane who states, "Indeed!"
-Big-eyed "What?" face
-"Nyo!", my favorite random word. (Watch DiGiCharat)
-A mystery emote that I'll only reveal when I find Clair Doubles.
And that's it for now.
-----------------

k go

zeital
Mar 15, 2010, 05:13 PM
hmm i have a few missing as well, like thankyou, i can't draw at all so i just ninja others when i like it XD

FOmarRashidi
Mar 15, 2010, 05:43 PM
The only custom chat I've made is one that says "Combine 4 Flozir" when I'm using my FOmar. Everything I copied from other players. The ones I use the most is Guile saying "good job", two of Bison saying "Yes!" and "This is delicious!", a picture of a rappy that says "RARE!" when I sometimes encountered a white shadow enemy, and "I got a rock" with what I think is Robin from Teen Titans when said white shadow enemy gave me money instead of a rare.

zeital
Mar 15, 2010, 06:11 PM
i haven't seen the teen titan one 0o, but yea i got the rappy says "RARE" as well, i got one that says "LV UP!' that i use when people lv XD the 'over 9000' and 'wat 9000!', um i dude saying 'sup' Reyburn saying 'Owned', a bunny with sunnies on, a pionting hand 'no u!, 'oh S***', sonic with 'face palm', 'tentarape beware' lol u can guess wat for, and 'i'm a firing ma lazor' 'BLARG'

Dnd
Mar 15, 2010, 07:06 PM
im that awesome, that i have 0 custom chats ;o

ARChan
Mar 15, 2010, 07:16 PM
I made a few of my own.

One of them shows my RAmarl with a black&red outfit and the hat looking over her shoulder and saying "Are we going yet?" This one has the air bubble effect.

Another is my HUnewearl with an airy smile saying "Let's do this!" This one has the shout bubble effect.

Then, the last is my FOmarl saying "Quit stalling" with her back turned. This one has the standard bubble effect.

FOmarRashidi
Mar 15, 2010, 11:44 PM
I made a few of my own.

One of them shows my RAmarl with a black&red outfit and the hat looking over her shoulder and saying "Are we going yet?" This one has the air bubble effect.

Another is my HUnewearl with an airy smile saying "Let's do this!" This one has the shout bubble effect.

Then, the last is my FOmarl saying "Quit stalling" with her back turned. This one has the standard bubble effect.

I like your chain chomp chats. They are delicious.

Sleeper
Mar 16, 2010, 03:12 AM
I have a wierd one when i want people to stop. i draw pacman pulled over by cops for driving through stop sign. It takes so long to draw they have ussauly long gone by the time i have entered

ChrisFTW
Mar 16, 2010, 06:40 AM
'i'm a firing ma lazor' 'BLARG'

Lulz, I made those 2 xD

King_Yoshi42
Mar 16, 2010, 06:42 AM
@Sleeper
Why not save it in your shortcuts, so you don't have to draw it again?

Also, how do you fit so much into one chat anyway? Pacman getting pulled over for running a red light? seems like alot to fit into one bubble.

Sleeper
Mar 16, 2010, 06:49 AM
good point but its more fun to draw, 2nd point pacman is like this[] big and the cop is just pacman with hat and badge
ill probably add to shortcuts anyway

Saber993
Mar 16, 2010, 08:01 AM
A buddy of mine drew up Admiral Ackbar screaming "It's a trap!" the other day... Looks pretty good.

I promptly stole it because I can't draw for crap.

Sleeper
Mar 16, 2010, 08:14 AM
I love plagirism...

ARChan
Mar 16, 2010, 11:00 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I have a few chainchomps that have "Wok wok!", "GASP!", "^w^", and another that has the chainchomp whistling.

GantzDetainee
Mar 16, 2010, 12:40 PM
^ You got to teach me how you can draw that precisely on that small ds screen.

My pictochat consist of Archan Huney "lets do this",Bison saying "yes",Rappy saying "rare",Metal slug with alien,Snake in a saluting pose,Shinobu saying "Hi",King Leonidas saying "this is PSZ",cute Foney face saying something jap,Ryo and Gees saying "Looking good bro,Good job",Mega man running with a "Mega sweet" next to it,A guy with a peace sign pose,Neku pic,Sarisa with a "I love pS0" next to it,Foney with question mark,Napa saying "what 9000",Captain falcon saying "show me your moves"Reyburn saying "pwned",Cell saying "what 9000",Elf smiling face and the infamous "Tifa".Of course I didnt created them and credit goes to whomever made these sweet pics.

ARChan
Mar 16, 2010, 01:02 PM
@Gantz: Yush! I made the "Let's do this!" with my uber awesome HUnewearl ^_^

Anyway, the trick is that I utilize the large brush pallette to start out. If it somehow turns out to make a workable piece, I use the erase pallette and take out what seems to make the picture all weird. After that, save the changes. Then, I use the small brush pallette and make the nit-picky details with this one. If I mess up, I start over to where I saved. Yes, it took me about an hour to make each of these.

Oh! And shadows are made by making a checkered pattern <3

GantzDetainee
Mar 16, 2010, 01:06 PM
Its pretty well made and drawn in one hour,I must say your pretty good at drawing.Thanks for the tip.Did you have a larger pic for like a model to copy on or you just draw it like visualizing it in your head? I'm trying to make that ingame scene where Sarisa is holding Ogis head,I'm mesmerized by how she looks in there.

chibiLegolas
Mar 16, 2010, 01:59 PM
Funny enough, the 1st thing I did on PSZ was spend hours drawing pictochats. And of course, not knowing that you can't use them during freeplay. :(

For now, I play exclusively on freeplay ATM so I never got a chance to show off my hard worked drawings. (I gotta get off my lazy arse and get MSN Messenger to work one of these days to hook up with you guys).

Anyways, the pictochats I've drawn (I'll post pics if my camera can actually capture pics from the DS):
"Hello" HUcaseal from PSO
"Thanks" RAcaseal from PSO
"chuu" (hearts/kiss) FOnewman winking from PSO
"!" 2 rappies from PSO looking up
"grumble" soniti from PSO looking angry
"?" rappy from PSO
"run!" rappy from PSO running away
"Zzzzz" Chao (PSO mag) sleeping

And I have a few that's still being worked on. If I had to draw pictochats, I'd draw stuff stuff back from PSO days.

Chukie sue
Mar 16, 2010, 04:00 PM
Uhh...

I have a "dood" prinny picture which is pretty sweet
A picture of Pedo Bear.
I have a three text long ninja fight :D

Several more that I cant describe... Mostly cause I'd be banned :l

I think Elena is responsible for alot of the texts... including Neku.

I believe the Tifa pic came from an old friend of GFAQS who has long since stopped playing...

ARChan
Mar 16, 2010, 08:32 PM
Its pretty well made and drawn in one hour,I must say your pretty good at drawing.Thanks for the tip.Did you have a larger pic for like a model to copy on or you just draw it like visualizing it in your head? I'm trying to make that ingame scene where Sarisa is holding Ogis head,I'm mesmerized by how she looks in there.

Actually, I just have them as a heavy rough draft since the pixels are awfully huge and then follow up accordingly. It's actually a whole lot easier than using anything with a higher pixel count. Also, here's another tip: Make an extreme outline of what you want to create and use a lot of erasing. That's how I got each of the drawings done. Then there's the factor that I didn't have a reference pic or anything of the sort. Really, the drawings are all just BSed onto pixels, thought to be better, and voila: A picture.

If it were IRL drawings and the such, my drawings would be extremely messy and the such, thus it being 4+ straight days. I'd shun myself continuously if I say that any of my hand drawings are "perfect" and unable to be better. So, a finished art is possibly never.

zeital
Mar 16, 2010, 09:30 PM
Lulz, I made those 2 xD

lol i was running with u the other day so thats how i ended up wth them then XD

tho if anyone can make a thank you! one i would love to ninja it XD

Sleeper
Mar 17, 2010, 05:05 AM
Im so sad...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

GantzDetainee
Mar 17, 2010, 12:49 PM
Uhh...
A picture of Pedo Bear.
Several more that I cant describe... Mostly cause I'd be banned :l

Your evil...very evil :evil: hehehe...

chibiLegolas
Mar 17, 2010, 01:39 PM
Also, here's another tip: Make an extreme outline of what you want to create and use a lot of erasing.

Oh, that's how I make my drawings too! And you're right. It's easier to doodle on the DS than drawing on paper. My paper drawings comes out so messy, you just kinda give up after awhile. But on the DS, you get to clean up and refine stuff much quicker. At least for me.
My problem is the small, yet long screen we get. I have to constantly zoom in on my concepts to get things right. After zooming in so much on the character's face, could you even understand which class I'm even trying to draw?

If anything, it's the distance I have the most problem with.
Ex. I'm trying to draw a PSO FOmar. But I have to somehow sneak in a part of his chest guild symbol and/or hat to convey he's a FOmar.
I had no problems with the PSO newman since he's so damned unique himself. :P

ARChan
Mar 17, 2010, 08:33 PM
@chibi: FOmar, huh? Which one? The one with the tall hat, flat hat, Luffy hat, or Harry Potter hair?

chibiLegolas
Mar 17, 2010, 11:21 PM
Here. Let me try and upload them for you.
(hopes this works....)
Actually, I love ALL of the PSO Fomar designs. I'm starting off with the one with glasses and ponytail since it's easier to sneak in a ponytail than have a hat off screen.
And as you can see, I'm still playing around with the perfect distance for pics. Kinda zoomed out too far with the WIP racaseal. Kinda zoomed in too far with another pic.
And with my "hi" HUcaseal, her antenae are cut off. So I'm not even sure if people can tell that's a HUcaseal. :P
BTW, what's the max limit of pictochats can we have? I've never bothered checking...

ARChan
Mar 18, 2010, 11:10 AM
I think it's 12. I dunno. I got a few Bisons and the infamous "9000!" chats. Also, I got Robotnik saying "PINGAS!" Haha!

Anyway, I wanna show you all of mine... Wanna trade FCs? :D Just be aware that I'm not going to be able to go online at the moment because... well... I'm at school. Haha! ^^;

chibiLegolas
Mar 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
Anyway, I wanna show you all of mine... Wanna trade FCs? :D Just be aware that I'm not going to be able to go online at the moment because... well... I'm at school. Haha! ^^;

Sure! I'm also at work ATM. And probably won't be on to play anywere from 10-3am EST.
But the main problem with me, is that I couldn't get on MSN messenger to check out the times were folks on PSO World are on.
This is why I've played exclusively on freeplay till now and no way to share my pics. (^_^')

Maybe my husband can help me figure it out later tonight.

Rareware0192
Mar 18, 2010, 03:46 PM
I only have a few I made myself. I have my FOnewearl with her Lassi saying "Hi" with the Japanese translation underneath it. I have my RAcaseal with her Femini saying "Bye" with the Japanese translation underneath, and my HUnewm with his Radam saying "Congrats" with the Japanese translation underneath it.

I also have a small kitty crying saying "Help"

I have the words "Thank You" and an Awesome face next to it.

I have Shoop da whoop with the "Baww!" sound effect

And I have one that my friend Viper did with two people hugging each other saying "Friends" ^_^

Mumblypeg
Mar 18, 2010, 05:06 PM
How do you copy chat from other players?

Parasite159
Mar 18, 2010, 05:33 PM
i've been trying to make own chats, so far i'm just copying 8bit game characters into a template on mspaint and then copying them into the game once i'm happy with the design

Rareware0192
Mar 18, 2010, 09:33 PM
How do you copy chat from other players?

When you see a person using the chat that you want to have, simply go to the Chat Log and click on "Copy" on the left side, and then click on the chat that you want to have and then select where in your Shortcuts do you want to put it :3

johnwolf
Mar 19, 2010, 02:50 AM
i drew 4 but 2 of those are the "I'M A FIRING MY LAZA BLARG" combos. i drew "LETS DO IT JOHNWOLF STYLE" but that one i'm going to have to re do. i also drew a good "JUST DIE" for when i'm frustrated at the enemy and it just WON'T DIE. i say that to AZIKENS at ARCA a lot. lols you have to see it. rash you've seen it i do believe.

ARChan
Mar 21, 2010, 01:35 AM
Lalala~ I made another with my odd whims and it turned out to be my HUnewearl going "~sigh~"