PDA

View Full Version : BB Question regarding controls

Talwin
Mar 17, 2010, 10:32 AM
So I'm going to be playing PSO: BB soon and had a couple of thoughts about the controls.

Firstly, the camera. In the GC version (version I'm familiar with) you could press the "L" trigger to center the camera behind you. How does this work in BB (if at all)?

I was thinking of using a Wii remote and Classic controller sync'd to the computer and see how that goes seeing as PSO would feel so weird with WASD controls to me.

Now this is a bit of a long shot, but I thought it'd be WAY cool if I could link up my ASCII keyboard/controller from the GC to the PC and use the keyboard on that. I've seen GC-USB adapaters that apparently work a treat with the GC controller, but the ASCII keyboard/controller has got 2 plugs to it, one for the keyboard and one for the normal controls. Does anyone know if 2 of these adapaters would work or is it likely to be far more hassle than worth?

Cheers!

Red Ring
Mar 17, 2010, 11:52 AM
keyboard works fine and gives you the most control over your character because theres more options in psobb. however i played as a cast so i didnt have to worry about techs so i used a wireless xbox360 controller which worked great. you can customize the controls but you may have to get a 3rd party program to fine tune the controls. put your wii stuff away...

psofan219
Mar 17, 2010, 02:53 PM
Wii stuff away, like Red Ring said. However, do use a controller if it's possible, as it's more superior than the keyboard if you're coming from GC. You can customize the controller to perfectly match that of a GC controller, so no worries there, it's just a matter of knowing how to assign your buttons. When you get everything running and want someone to run with, PM me and I'll gladly help.

Talwin
Mar 18, 2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks guys!

Just a little update for you :p I got a chance to install BB on my tower PC and got the bluetotoh side of things set up. This morning in a mad rush before coming to work I decided to start assigning buttons. Managed to get my char walking around the screen! Woot! Feels good having a controller :D

Now I just need to map out the buttons I need to use. I found the "Enter" key is used as an action (talk/activate etc) but what about the normal middle action button? (in this case it's "Down" on the arrow keys? I should have tested it out myself and will tonight, but figured I'll start working out the button mapping while at work :p