PDA

View Full Version : Best color Id for Hunter

Epic Win PsoBB
Mar 17, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hi im thinking of making a hunter on PSOBB but im wondering what the best color id is? Like what gives me the best rares.

KunoTatewaki
Mar 17, 2010, 11:01 PM
well if memories serves me right as least I remember for pso dc, skyly is good for swords, and oran is good for daggers. I am not sure about psobb though. im sure people will post up

Mar 18, 2010, 10:33 AM
Skyly gets some nice hunter wepons, red and yellow are pretty good all around too. I also like green and purple, but those are more RA ids.

Zelendria_Ru
Mar 18, 2010, 01:10 PM
Skyly is the best around VH-Ultimate for drops...I retired a 126 Oran Hunewearl and restarted as Skyly and was very very happy. This was on PSO-GC, not sure if the lists were any different on BB...check the drop list by Section ID guide. =)

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

psofan219
Mar 18, 2010, 01:18 PM
Guides on PSOW will not help you if you're on a Private Server (aka Blue Burst). And there's no such thing as a "best ID" for occupations/races/characters. You should look through the item database to find weapons you want to hunt, then base your ID off of that instead. Hunter-associated IDs (meaning ones that drop gear for Hunters) are already provided above. I don't have anything to offer as for a suggestion as the ID I frequent on is Yellowboze which is a nice, all-around ID. The ID you want is your choice, but I advise basing it off of items that you want to hunt instead of going with the two most popular IDs around.

SStrikerR
Mar 18, 2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah, some ids are better geared to different episodes. For example, if you don't like episode 2, dont pick and id with amazing ep 2 drops, but terrible episode 1 and 4 drops.

And think for a minute. While skyly can get some great hunter weapon drops, would it be best for you to hunt them with the hunter? Usually that isn't the case.

Take, for example, Heaven Strikers, which drop in purplenum episode 4. Great weapon for a ranger to have, but most people hunt it with forces instead because forces have an easier time hunting there usually. So, look at the BB drop charts and see what you think would work best. I recommend Yellowboze for you, though.

TrueChaos
Mar 20, 2010, 03:55 PM
as other's have said, Skyly and Oran are good, Yellowboze is another goodun that seems to ahve been overlooked

Google
Mar 24, 2010, 02:05 AM
Skyly can get a bunch of good hunter weapons.

HeartBreak301
Apr 30, 2010, 02:12 PM
I've seen and reported quite a few in the last month. Lots of WoW gold spammers.

On topic, skyly is good for its caves sword drops. But in reality, you'll most likely trade for most of your gear.

AlexCraig
Apr 30, 2010, 05:51 PM
There is that "best" again. It all depends on what you want. There are a lot of "bests".

Neith
Apr 30, 2010, 07:46 PM
Skyly is great for Hunter weapons. Unfortunately, it's not particularly good at Armour, Shields and Units. I tend to view Skyly as an ID you have accompanied by another character who can hunt armour/units and so on. It's a great ID, but you might find you need friends/other characters to help in the defensive department.

Thankfully, Episode 4 gives a few armour drops, but for a good Hunter you'll need a /Battle unit and a decent shield, which can be a problem sometimes.

No one ID gives the 'best' rares though. A lot of the uber-rare stuff is spread out across the IDs.