PDA

View Full Version : I think I am this close to commiting honorable samurai suicide

LavisFiend
Mar 22, 2010, 05:18 AM
Why you ask? Why? I will TELL you why.

http://www.pso-world.com/ps-zero/enemies/46/86-t.png

THAT DOUCHEBAG RIGHT THERE.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ARKZEIN'S!

Never in my entire life has one enemy pissed me off to such lengths as Arkzein's do. NOTHING, and you are talking to someone who played Ninja Gaiden Black on the hardest it had, cleared it, and am sane enough to type this today. NOTHING. NO ONE ENEMY.

and the sad thing is, it's not because they are hard oh no. They just frustrate me so much. I can kill them no problem if they cooperate, but that hardly ever happens, cause what USUALLY happens is I am chasing their "drive" move spamming ass all over the place, trying to just get two hits on them before they CHAIN ANOTHER DRIVE MOVE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE ONE THEY JUST FINISHED.

If they are not drive spamming, they are spamming that stupid machine gun bs, if they are not doing that, they are doing moar drive spamming. It's the most hair pulling thing I have ever witnessed from just a regular dungeon enemy.

It gets better though, cause usually I just sigh and shrug it off and continue, but this is my fourth Eternal Tower run which just so happens to be my super hard run and 146 rooms (yes I counted) out of the entire tower have been Arkzein rooms. I shit you not. It's either two of them, one paired with korses, two Arkzein R's, or something like that. But the one when it's just two of them almost makes me want to passout it ticks me off so much. Multiply the frustration I feel by 300 then multiply it again times 34,500 and you have how badly I want to snap my DS in half.

One is spamming machine gun, or shooting the rocket, or they are drive spamming you into a wall then you die.

Again, I have already ran the tower three times prior, and the arkzein's were never this numerous. I think that's why I am going crazy. I am on floor 71 and I am this close, THIS CLOSE to a complete meltdown. It's been dreadful from the start cause each arkzein room takes 3 minutes to clear out by themselves if I am lucky, and all the mothers I have got have been shots except for two forces. Not a single blade mother.

To summarize my rage: 146 rooms of arkzeins, 3 minutes per room= around 7 hours of straight Arkzeins. Arkzein's never drop me anything good. No blade mothers, no good drops for hunter. room 71 and counting and I am bound to run into more arkzeins cause someone out there hates me. Want to leave the tower but I can't cause I am so far in.

...../sigh, but I feel much better ranting that off now.

But yea, can anyone else relate or am I just doing something horribly wrong? Also rant about things that drive you crazy about the game blah blah blah.

zeital
Mar 22, 2010, 05:26 AM
lol i think eveyone is going to injoy this rant cuz it is true for most people where u get like 3 rooms of them one after the other, i hate them too, the rare verson i don't mind at all, but the one with the rocket annots the S#@&^ out of me

EDIT

just ftaer i posted this GUESS WAT ET GAVE ME!

two of the damn suckers

Nick O'Demus
Mar 22, 2010, 06:07 AM
ALL of the robots in this game are just EVIL.

There's the Izhiraks/Azherowas of Paru. One in a group is annoying, two is dangerous, three is Nightmare Fuel. Those lasers just SHRED my characters.

Then there's the Finjers, when you get all three at once. Way too fast to reliably hit with a Ranger or Hunter, and each has a different elemental resistance for my Force to deal with. AND they have lasers too.

And is it any coincidence that your one Cast NPC party member seems to love setting off traps when you're right next to them? NEVER take Ogi anywhere with Needle Traps. Just, don't.

EVIL I tell you! E V I L !!!

Supermomo
Mar 22, 2010, 06:08 AM
They are indeed evil personified! :-P

Parasite159
Mar 22, 2010, 06:17 AM
i dont have alot of problems with arkzeins, i tend to run straight for them, roll under their first missle then run around them forcing them to spin till they drive out of bordom(you're too close for them to use missles and away from their front guns) and faceplant a wall, then hack away with daggers.

finjers are even easier in ET, just wait by the gate with a ranged weapons and let them come to you, they'll get jammed up in the door way, all you have to do it dodge their guns and fire back

FOmarRashidi
Mar 22, 2010, 06:47 AM
I found this rant enjoyable and can definitely relate. Tonight, I ran into a boosted Arkzein. I was thankful it was on hard and not super hard.

Naeyth
Mar 22, 2010, 09:43 AM
I really do hate facing them on both my FONey and my HuNewm. Seriously, by the time I ran up to it, it would probally have shot 1-2 of those missles which are a 1hko on my FONey and near 1hko on my HuNewm. >_>

mid Knight
Mar 22, 2010, 11:18 AM
Yup they are sure a pain in the butt and your'e not the only one. Yesterday while doing ET on super hard, I encounter two of them somewhere on floor 70. While I was attacking one of them, I think the other one was like "F--- You!" and literally ram me out of the room!!! Yes that right, one of them ram me (just keep saying miss so I didn't get hit) and push me back to the pervious room. I shouted out "What the f---??!!!". Never have I been so insulted by this. I am so greatful made it to room 90-100 without encountering them (not in this case as I enounter one on those floors).

chibiLegolas
Mar 22, 2010, 11:28 AM
LOL. I love this rant cause we can all relate.

I have a HUcaseal lvl 89, pumped up with HP mats. And a defense mag. So I can actaully survive their ramming cheese. But not a ramming + missle combo.
One of the main pains about the ramming attacks are mainly for those characters who don't have high evade. If you have high enough evade, some of those ramming attacks would miss, giving you a chance to dodge away from the rest of the ramming chain.

I've also noticed that they can actually hit themselves with their missles if you dodge and hide behind one correctly. (great stradegy back in PSO days). And easier to do with more than one of them around.

Oh, and fire traps helps out since they got lots of HP.

Macman
Mar 22, 2010, 12:13 PM
I don't think defense lowers the damage of the sodomy missiles, instead you should pack up on fire resistance.
Also, it's amazing how much of a difference a high level Jellen makes.

Inn3rfury
Mar 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
Oh man that was beautifullly ranted. I can relate I remember one time I was running a SHET (lol I love that acronym) and I had an unlucky chain of 2 askzein rooms. I died 3 times due to constant missile spamming by the 2nd bot. Thats the furstratiing part about it the DAM missles.

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2010, 02:25 PM
This rant actually brought a smile to my face. While this is certainly not the response I would've given to them, but it's almost a *requirement* to face the ugliness of an Arkzein at least 1 or more times, as you go to higher ranks in this game. It's like getting your badge when you raise at least a little ire to the Arkzein.

The picture made it an even better touch. :)

Still, a rant like this is like a rant about tireless waiting to get just a simple thing done at the MVA. You just haven't lived until you feel (at least once in your life) some resentment of having to ever go there knowing the wait will be hurtful. If you post about it, only the very few will not be able to relate.

However, to go through the tower where every level is Arkzein territory, and the gate is closed for each one of them. I would have to truly admire your patience. You really hope that the game has pity and say, "Hey. We realize we're throwing a bunch of these guys. Here, have some worthwhile drops for your trouble. Or at least stuff that'll sell for a pretty penny."

This would definitely have you say, "Ok. Randomizer. Very funny. But I would definitely like something a little more, Random. Heck. A simple roulette wheel can't even pull off your version of Random, ever."

Zer0_Knight
Mar 22, 2010, 02:58 PM
This is almost exactly what happened to me! One time i was running SH ET and i think the floor was in the 70's and every other room, there was arkzeins in it. It was Arkzeins the Helion,Arkzeins,Helion. Hellooo can i get a break here?! I also hate it when i try to keep a four chain Flozir PB on the last floor, and the very last room gives me two of them, and then my NPC's die. Then when i try to revive them really quick so they can distract them, i get hit the machine guns, then one of them mows me down, then i get hit with a missile while trying to heal myself.. ;_; it pisses me off when you go back..and you die again. I mean seriously WTH.

zeital
Mar 22, 2010, 04:02 PM
This is almost exactly what happened to me! One time i was running SH ET and i think the floor was in the 70's and every other room, there was arkzeins in it. It was Arkzeins the Helion,Arkzeins,Helion. Hellooo can i get a break here?! I also hate it when i try to keep a four chain Flozir PB on the last floor, and the very last room gives me two of them, and then my NPC's die. Then when i try to revive them really quick so they can distract them, i get hit the machine guns, then one of them mows me down, then i get hit with a missile while trying to heal myself.. ;_; it pisses me off when you go back..and you die again. I mean seriously WTH.

many a time they have killed my well kept 4 way flozir like on the LAST room b4 a mum boss >< *HATE*

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
i hate those things so much (but not as much as you apparenty) wen there alone i can deal with it, but when i got random flying robots shootin me those things piss me off

FOmarRashidi
Mar 22, 2010, 05:04 PM
Those hovering robots in Paru deserve a dishonorable mention. I found myself going "WTF HAX!" to one of them a couple nights ago when one of them killed me with a barrage of lasers.

leviayurashyguy
Mar 22, 2010, 08:10 PM
Seppuku is the term you're looking for. Harakiri, a form of seppuku, is interchanged in English

Sleeper
Mar 22, 2010, 11:09 PM
ALL of the robots in this game are just EVIL.

EVIL I tell you! E V I L !!!

Not all of them. the finjers just look like relly uncomfortable surfers and fall off auquidly when killed and the nanobot things commit suicide when u kill leader.
It is good way to get exp in hard mode

ARChan
Mar 22, 2010, 11:23 PM
I say that Ishirak are pretty much up there with the Arkzein in my list of "Most Annoying Enemies", with the Blaze Helion being #1.

kirtblue
Mar 23, 2010, 12:21 AM
dont matter what difficulty tower will just annoy you over time even the little usennys start to bug me when i get to the higher levels

johnwolf
Mar 23, 2010, 09:54 AM
try fighting them as the Rare form. they spam their mech turrets like crazy, and those do 300+ damage on SH. they spam that more than TANK mode. one is ok to fight, but 2. i did that on my 1st ever ET SH run 2 days ago. it's like mayham. i can do Arkzeins, easy for me and can kill 2 of them with little damage(if they get lucky they can kill me). i HAD to fight 2 Arkzein Rs, it's not fun, i died 2 times to them and waisted all my items healing my self (i had NO traps, dimates, monomates, trimates, or star atamizers and my Scrap dolls where used up.

SilverFoxR
Mar 23, 2010, 03:53 PM
Arks are one of my least favourite enemies in the game (my least favourite of the "heavyweight" enemies by far), but to be honest, it's not too bad to take them out.

First and foremost, charge them directly and roll under the missile. It's not hard to time and the missile will likely not hit you (if you bring a party with you, and I suggest you do, it should hit them instead). When you reach them, hit them from the sides/back as brutally as possible. As soon as they begin turning toward you to use their "tank" attack, roll-dodge to the side and chase them down (it's not all that difficult). Just keep it up and they'll fall pretty shortly.

zeital
Mar 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
wat if like me on my FO, don't have D roll, i find it painfully annoying when fighting them

johnwolf
Mar 26, 2010, 09:50 AM
Arks are one of my least favourite enemies in the game (my least favourite of the "heavyweight" enemies by far), but to be honest, it's not too bad to take them out.

First and foremost, charge them directly and roll under the missile. It's not hard to time and the missile will likely not hit you (if you bring a party with you, and I suggest you do, it should hit them instead). When you reach them, hit them from the sides/back as brutally as possible. As soon as they begin turning toward you to use their "tank" attack, roll-dodge to the side and chase them down (it's not all that difficult). Just keep it up and they'll fall pretty shortly.

dosn't work well with Arkzeins R. they A) have no missles and B) they spam their mech turrents that do MORE damage than the missles. i got owned so bad i got pissed.

Chukie sue
Mar 26, 2010, 10:21 AM
You commit seppuku, I'll use zonde. GG no re Arkzeins?

Arkzeins dont really give me trouble anymore now that I have zonde and tornado dance.

HOWEVER, those dang Rohcrysta's I always get on ETSH piss me off so badly. I literally got a pair on floor 99 on my second to last room. I died like 10 Fweekin time-- literally. In the end, I ended up getting an emporer axeon from my trunk and attempted to inflict fire....

I got nothing that tower, of course...

Flashrogers
Mar 27, 2010, 12:38 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say that Arkzeins are (Insert swearword of choice), Finjers are slippery (Insert swearword of choice), and Izirahks are (Insert yet another swearword of choice).
My least favorite boss on SH is (believe it or not) Octo Diablo. That slimy oversized mollusk's favourite meal seems to include a main course of fried RAmar, topped with finely ground up HUcast, with a mug of Corona FOnewearl and dish of steamed HUnewm on the side. That tentacley (Once again, Insert yet ANOTHER swearword of choice) just nom nom nom's his way through me and my pal on SH, whenever we get close to killing him. I can almost hear him say "I can has barbecue sauce?" I mean, jeez, I'm a pixelated, decently 3D rendered person, and I have my rights. I know one of them includes the right to not be part of the menu on "Ristorante Ozette". The scape dolls aren't much help either. Their description say that they save you from DYING, not DINNER, and the same goes to those mags who are supposed to have X% chance of reviving you, but they go "Sorry, but you gave me too many of these to eat and my personality has changed, and my new persona doesn't revive you! So long SUCKAH!" Come on seriously? These robotic guys must be skitzophrenic because nobody else I know can change personalities that fast! The hunter's guild doesn't give you insurance either, that stupid mayor is wasting his time worrying about his receding hairline to notice that his best hunters are being nom nom nom'ed up by freakin' mutant mollusks (the new acronym for Octo Diablo is FMM)! (Just letting you know, I'm kidding about the whole Octo Diablo thing; while the eating thing is annoying, I can still take him down, I was just joking around! :D)

EDIT: That first post is absolutely beautiful! I practically cried while reading it. :)