PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, I really wish there was more to do with the DS Mic.

NabsTheCracker
Mar 28, 2010, 08:57 AM
You know... I've been running a few games online and just stopped to think... "If there were a Console, I could totally be singing right now." Now, I know this is probably a re-occurring thought to most Ps0 players out there! Just the other day I was running with a lower level through Hardmode online just himself and I... I thought to myself, "If this Mic were capable, I could be singing 'Just The Two of Us' to him right now.'

What songs do you wish you could sing to people when playing Ps0?

Kytan
Mar 28, 2010, 10:10 AM
*Pictures himself waking everyone up at 2 am singing songs into his DS*

.......none : x

NabsTheCracker
Mar 28, 2010, 10:18 AM
On a side note: I may or may not have drawn a T-Rex over my "Free Combat" Tactic... Um... Is there... A way to reverse that... My undo button isn't working for it. ;_;

Dragwind
Mar 29, 2010, 08:00 PM
Oh the fun just thinking about it. Not only would communication and helping each other be so much better, but boss fights would probably be much more intense. Imagine your friend yelling in blood curdling agony because he needs a heal.

Evila
Mar 30, 2010, 06:56 AM
On a side note: I may or may not have drawn a T-Rex over my "Free Combat" Tactic... Um... Is there... A way to reverse that... My undo button isn't working for it. ;_;
BAHAHAHAA. I'm sorry, I just went into a fit of laughter after reading that. Now I wanna replace my NPC tactics with silly pictures.... Sadly at this point you can't undo that. You'll have to re-draw the words.

As for the topic at hand, what I could be singing never crosses my mind, lol. I mean yeah sure, we bust out into random songs over voice chat, but I never think about it, it's just random! Mic support would be nice though, so we don't have to rely on external programs.

chrisramar
Mar 30, 2010, 08:17 AM
Oh the fun just thinking about it. Not only would communication and helping each other be so much better, but boss fights would probably be much more intense. Imagine your friend yelling in blood curdling agony because he needs a heal.

i agree on the communication side of this , but not singing , pretty pointless . but shouting forsomeone to heal you or get that monster or cursing when the box drops are crap!! oh the fun ......

chibiLegolas
Mar 30, 2010, 01:19 PM
*sings to self during a hard fight like Humilias or Arkzein*
HADDAWAY -WHAT IS LOVE
What is love
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me... no more

Whoa whoa whoa, oooh oooh
Whoa whoa whoa, oooh oooh

Oh, I don't know, what can I do
What else can I say, it's up to you
I know we're one, just me and you
I can't go on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo

FOmarRashidi
Mar 30, 2010, 05:57 PM

I don't think I'd ever do another run in Paru and Acra with a ranger if that's the case.

Kytan
Mar 30, 2010, 07:11 PM
I don't think I'd ever do another run in Paru and Acra with a ranger if that's the case.

Paru is easy if you do it right. Arca is just plain awful though =/

HeartBreak301
Mar 30, 2010, 07:23 PM
Sing into the mic huh? Heck, I'd do it. I nominate this for the Phantasy Star hunting anthem.
Your rares, do you want it? Do you need it? Like nothing you've ever seen before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IvaQO7wK8A

FOmarRashidi
Apr 2, 2010, 07:51 PM
Paru is easy if you do it right. Arca is just plain awful though =/

You got the LV100 RAcast so I'll take your word for it.

Kytan
Apr 3, 2010, 07:07 PM
Really the secret to those runs not being awful is to know that, for rangers at least, you can't just pick a good ranged weapon and power through places. For Paru and the valley, which I used to suck at with my rouge pulse, I use my celebfrigiand, level 3, which has something like 57% native on it. Then I spam Earth Bullet. :D Great for all the normal hostiles, and not horrible against hellions, the paru robots, and froutangs.

My old problem, even after I discovered that you had to adjust for melee/ranged resistance, is that I used to try and make weapons for general use, when ideally, I specialize my weapons and have a different one for each field.

/me is done stating stuff good rangers figured out months ahead of him >_>

pso_crash
Apr 5, 2010, 08:20 PM
It would have been awesome if there was at least voicechat in the lobby pregame. like in MPH

Dragwind
Apr 6, 2010, 04:56 AM
It would have been awesome if there was at least voicechat in the lobby pregame. like in MPH

I agree. My old clan used to actually use that voice chat for training and pre/post game discussion.

In PSZ it would be nice to at least mention a couple of notes, such as "I need to stock up on mates etc before we start" or something along those lines.

Raging Ghost
Apr 12, 2010, 07:46 PM
For a fight against Dark Falz, I would suggest: Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce

Not singing it, but actually play the entire song.

BlueEye
Apr 12, 2010, 08:07 PM
Using the mic would be a huge improvement from the pre-made message already on. Tough i cant help too wonder if trolls will come over it and play annoying music or scream insults at you, of course you can easily just turn off the sound then he's just an idiot yelling at a DS.