PDA

View Full Version : Raising Mags

ThundR
Mar 2, 2003, 11:32 PM
I was looking at the guide on raising mags and it says for the ideal mag for a hucast/hucaseal I need a mag with pow>dex>mind then it has some numbers.

I know what the numbers mean, but does that mean I HAVE to get my mag to those numbers to get that transformation?
Ex. If my mag has def=20, pow=160, mind=0, dex 35 can I still get the def=10, pow=150 mind=0, dex=40 mag?

Since i'm a Hucast, what's the best way to raise a mag?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThundR on 2003-03-02 20:36 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Mar 3, 2003, 12:02 AM
The one I'm raising is a Diwari, which means 50 Dex (not so bad come Ult, or to equip mechguns) It was raised to level 50 primarily on Antiparalysis, so now it has Mylla and Youlla, and since it was at 5 Def, 45 Pow, 50 Dex, and 0 mind at level 100, it became a rare mag and easier to raise to 200. The rest of my points will be into power.

VulpesMundi
Mar 3, 2003, 12:26 AM
As long as the stat order stays the same (in your case you're going for POW>DEX>MIND) it will work. If you take the stats that you want to get (160 POW, 35 DEX, 0 MIND) and order them highest to lowest (not including DEF), you still get POW>DEX>MIND. Only problem is the MAG you're planning to make has too many stats. The max is 200.

There is no one surefire best MAG. Different MAGs with varying stats will be useful for different situations. For example: if you want a higher ATA early in the game, make a higher DEX MAG. Then later when your ATA is higher or you have some God/Arms make a MAG with less DEX and more POW.

Stalfos333
Mar 3, 2003, 12:35 AM
With my Hucast, I'd say the inclusion of Shifta and Deband is important (almost more important than the stats themselves) . A lot of the special Mags have multiple instances of Shifta and Deband, which is why I made it a priority to get one.

gideonx
Mar 3, 2003, 05:37 PM
This is what I did with my HUcast.

Get your dex to 50, and your pow + def to 49. (Or some other combo where your your mags lvl is one less than a multiple of 5 and over 100). Transfer it to a HUmale Skyly, Pinkal or Yellowboze (unless you are one of those). Then raise the last stat so that DEX = POW + DEF. Your mag will turn into Rati.
Why Rati you ask? First off Rati has double instances of Shifta/Deband; when bar fills when you fight a boss. Heals when you are at 10% and rezzes. Secondly, Rati's Feeding tables are easy (http://www.pso-world.com/magguidev3.php) Monomates, Dimates, Trimates, Moon Atomizers to raise POW and IQ/Synch. Thirdly, When your mag reaches lvl 200, you should keep feeding him, and being a HUcast you can feed him any spare fluids, antidotes, antiparalysis, ect. and keep his IQ/Synch relativley high and keep him happy and working. Fourthly If you are black, red, black/red rati looks awesome. It is a 2 part mag so it floats on both sides of you and also not that many people have it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (at least compaired to most of the other mags)

Hope i didn't ramble too much, and I hope it helped.
BTW my rati is 10/124/66/0 (wish i ccould take back some of that def and add it to POW!)