PDA

View Full Version : beginner questions..

Maveh
Apr 4, 2010, 10:40 AM
Well, hi there

I'm kinda new to the PS series, although i already played Phantasy Star Portable.

So i picked up PS Zero the last days and start playing as a FOmar. I always liked the Foce Typ because you can be a normal Damage Dealer but also a good support for the Group.

However...i got a couple of Question and i didn't really find (or maybe just too many) answers via google.

If u get beaten up in a Quest and return to the city...is there n privat room or something like that where you can restore your HP and PP ? Do i always have to buy/find stuff ? It's just that the first dragon beat me up quite a lot in the beginning, and than i always had to spend so "much" money to get ready for the next try ?

As i said, i like the Force Typ. But in Phantasy Star Portable u had more weapon..so if your first Weapon run out of PP you could switch to another one. I already read that newman have some PP restore ability ? But what does a Human Force do when he is running out of PP items ? I mean yeah ok..he can go into melee battle. But that's just kinda...odd.

So yeah...does my weapon in my bag all have their own PP or do i HAVE to melee battle when im running out of PP items since there is no other way to restore pp ?

Excuse my bad English but its not my native Language.

Thanks in advance, Maveh

Apostosis
Apr 4, 2010, 11:20 AM
1. you have to buy monomate and fluids if you want to restore the hp and pp of the character

2. the weapon don't have the pp, the character if the one that have it. You can use a telepine to return to town and restock some fluids.

Kytan
Apr 4, 2010, 11:45 AM
In response to your pp regen for newmen, (newmans?), they regenerate at a rate of 1% every 5 seconds while moving, and 5% every 5 seconds while at rest. Casts do the same, but for hp. If you pick up some units that regenerate pp or hp, those will be added onto your natural regen, but they always give the same amount of pp/hp, regardless of whether you are at rest or not.

Kirukia
Apr 4, 2010, 12:41 PM
You can melee quite effeciently with a human force until you get to super hard mode. Try using a wand with magical sign.

kirtblue
Apr 4, 2010, 03:46 PM
yeah what kirukia said if you dont wanna use a pipe you can melee i would recommend a good slicer keep in mind that this will not work worth beans on super but by then you should be able to hold your own

leviayurashyguy
Apr 4, 2010, 09:44 PM
early game, its better for a force to go melee with a Force weapon than use techs until you get a good amount of pp and high level techs. Force weapons in PSZ are based upon MST and not ATP so a Force liek FOmar can take advantage with his very high MST value. slicer is preferable as ranged weapons turn "Normal mode" into "EZ mode"

Humans can get regen via recov units which also stacks with racial regen