PDA

View Full Version : Online Etiquette

P6N
Apr 6, 2010, 12:20 PM
I was wondering if there was any form of etiquette or loot rules while playing online. With friends it's easy to just say what you need and want, so that's not an issue: but what about in free play?

Kytan
Apr 6, 2010, 12:24 PM
Every person gets their own drops, sooooo...... take all of it that you want?

P6N
Apr 6, 2010, 12:31 PM
Oh what, really?! Why has no one told me this!!!

Okay, /end thread

Kytan
Apr 6, 2010, 12:33 PM
Heh, yeah, it took me a while to figure it out too XD

The_Pup
Apr 7, 2010, 04:49 AM
For freeplay, the only rule that is generally followed and everyone gets annoyed by when it's broken is:

1) Stay with the group. Don't go solo. People lose experience and have to spend time backtracking to pick up loot. It also takes away time getting to the boss. If you want to solo online, do so in solo mode.

kirtblue
Apr 7, 2010, 08:35 PM
i have to disagree i like to clear all the rooms so if i see the half way or the boss ring and we missed a room i go back and do it most the time the other party members will fallow after they notice ive taken damage very rare to see someone get upset because they dont wanna do the missed room and they dont wanna wait

P6N
Apr 7, 2010, 11:01 PM
my issue with that is that the other players, who obviously wanted to go somewhere else, now have to jog back to save your behind. Personally, it'd be irritating.

kirtblue
Apr 8, 2010, 06:50 PM
lol its very rare outside of a bossfight my behind needs saving

Cruciarius
Apr 13, 2010, 09:39 AM
1) no action replay

2) stay in a group. Just because the room splits into multiple paths, doesn't mean you need to split up.

3) thank people for reviving/healing/shifta/deband.

4) some people like to clear all rooms. If you want to get it done faster, go help them.

5) don't have crappy WiFi that causes you to d/c middle of the run. Fix your WiFi issues, then join us.

6) don't spam messages.