PDA

View Full Version : GC region compatible

GUARDIANDNL
Apr 7, 2010, 01:45 PM
will my gamecube (ntsc-us) have problems reading a PSOI&IIPlus (ntsc-j)????...
i´ve been looking for the english version of the game and i just found this japanese copy...so i need some feedback before i paid for it....

thanks !!!!

Splash
Apr 7, 2010, 02:24 PM
Nope, it won't have any problems.

GUARDIANDNL
Apr 7, 2010, 02:31 PM
really...thanks...XD

GULD&MILLA
Apr 7, 2010, 02:52 PM
They have a whole bunch on Ebay if you want an American ver. But thats clearly up to you. Goodluck!!!

EDIT: Yo, I was reading that you have to have a converter or Action Replay( or Codebreaker) To play JP on a U.S Console.. Go here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=363049

GUARDIANDNL
Apr 7, 2010, 10:49 PM
yeah...the idea is to get the english version of PSO GC, i also read something name as freeloader for different regions, but it suppose to work with pal GC sold on europe....the other problem is that ebay doesn´t ship to my country, or at least, the last time i check...maybe it is better to keep searching for a US copy though =/...

Splash
Apr 7, 2010, 11:20 PM
But if you want to be absolute certain there will be no problems, get the english version.

GUARDIANDNL
Apr 8, 2010, 01:15 AM
thank you Splash for the advise...i found one us PSOI&IIPLUS copy that can be shipped to my country so i going to buy it now...thanks again XD

Cranberry
Apr 8, 2010, 02:23 PM
I really need to jump in here.

PSO is most definitly region protected. If you get the game for a region that is not the same as your Gamecube it will NOT work unless you have a modded cube or use a Freeloader.

If you don't have a modded cube or a freeloader, don't get a foreign version.

I'm running PSO+ JP version myself, and I have to use a Free Loader every time I start it up. It won't read the disk without it.

Splash
Apr 8, 2010, 03:39 PM
Looks like I was wrong then.

Sorry for the misinformation. Ignore what I said.

GUARDIANDNL
Apr 8, 2010, 04:02 PM
thank you Cranberry, thats more confirmation that i need ...buyint the us version XD

NegaTsukasa
Apr 9, 2010, 09:09 AM
now that that is cleared up, you could always switch the language to Japanese in the settings. lol

GUARDIANDNL
Apr 9, 2010, 10:49 AM
hahaha, yeah i know, it just here in chile is a very rare game to found, and if i found it it will be 1) very expensive
2) the may have some damage
3) the seller may have only the disc =(

thats why i´m looking on the world

LokinModar
Jan 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
Sorry to bump this thread but i have a question:

Does the Japanese version have the english language option?

Does CARD Revolution japanese version have it?