PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Half Defense+force=invincibility?

kongajinken
Apr 8, 2010, 08:15 PM
So I was thinking stuffs hitting me on for about 700 damage on my hunter. Well if i went on my force and only had 730 health I would be invincible no? Take off my armor afterwards for good measure of everything hitting me for thousands.

ハーフディフェンス(Half Defense)- If your HP is at 1/3 or below, a hit that would take 50% of your maximum HP will be ineffective

Turns out half defense does NOT do what that wiki post says it does. I'm not sure what it does but I just got done testing it and I was at 19/670 health and took a hit of 520 and just dropped dead. There were several other attempts with similiar health percentages and I just died.

Could someone translate what the ability really does please.

Mike
Apr 9, 2010, 02:53 AM
From the Japanese wiki:

50%」以上のダメージを受け
戦闘不能となった時にHPが1残る
HPが1/3以下の時は効果がない
If a hit takes 50% or more of your more of your max HP and would normally kill you, instead of dying, you will be left with 1 HP. There is no effect at less than a third of your max HP.

Some details:

正確には(問い合わせによると)
「50%」以上のダメージを受け、尚かつ特定の条件を満たし、
戦闘不能となった時にHPが1残る(特定の条件は現在不明)
「75%」以上のダメージは特定の条件ではないとのこと

To be precise, if you take a hit that does 50% or more damages and kills you, you will be left with 1 HP if certain requirements are met. (Requirements currently unknown) 75% or greater damage is not one of those requirements though.

I've never used the effect since my braver level is only 2 so I can't say I've tested this myself.

kongajinken
Apr 9, 2010, 02:31 PM
Seems like it might be useful if attacks regularly bring you down 60%+ that way you can be at 50% and survive the next attack anyway. Still a little too expensive at 3 AP though.

Izuna
Apr 10, 2010, 02:58 AM
I've never used the effect since my braver level is only 2 so I can't say I've tested this myself.

Wow! Do you play as a Force or are you unaware that Bravers are the best? =)

Mike
Apr 10, 2010, 03:19 AM
Wow! Do you play as a Force or are you unaware that Bravers are the best? =)

No, I'm just moving down the job list from top to bottom. That Braver level was from doing the trap only client order.

kongajinken
Apr 10, 2010, 12:53 PM
How much damage do you lose melee wise switching from hunter to braver?

Mike
Apr 10, 2010, 07:38 PM
You do 20~25% less damage as a braver. However, your evasion and accuracy go up and you can use powerful traps.

Now, back on topic, Shougai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2010/04/100411a.html) has a post with some of the details on abilities. According to that post, Half Defense works like so:

When you have 33% or more of your max HP and take a hit of 75% or more of your max HP, you won't die but instead be left with 1 HP.

kongajinken
Apr 11, 2010, 12:13 AM
That's unbelievably useless its not even funny. If your in an area that hits you for 75% of your health you shouldn't be there.