PDA

View Full Version : Blur: Multiplayer Racing Demo discussion

Nitro Vordex
Apr 17, 2010, 09:11 AM
I'm surprised no one has made a topic on this yet.

Blur (http://bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=17829) is a multiplayer racing game, with speed and destruction in mind. The game is pretty well detailed, but that takes a backseat to all the mayhem you can get into. There's plenty of cars to choose from, but they're divided into different classes, from D to A, with A being the top and D being "entry" level, if you will. The game has a ranking system, but don't think of it like leaderboards ranking. It's basically your experience points, and every time you earn "Fans" to a certain amount, you "Rank" up, or level up if you will. You gain fans by doing cray stuff, like hitting opponents, ramming, drifting, and all sorts of stuff.

As for gameplay, right now there's only online play. This is a great way to test the game though. In-game playing has very little to no lag, and my internet is garbage. There's a couple different modes. Skirmish racing, where you can race with 2-10 people. After a couple rank ups, you can do Powered-Up racing, which is for 4-20 players. Motor Mash, which is basicalyl your versus mode, where you just destroy each other in an arena like setting. The last one available for this demo is Supercar racing, which lets you race in Class A cars exclusively.

Skirmish and Powered-Up racing are basically the same, just the number of players is different. When you get 20 people in a race...hold on to your butts, ladies and gentlemen. The game is an absolute frenzy. Destroying others, taking turns, ramming and others. It doesn't matter how many times you play, somehow the game play always seems fresh. Supercar is also the same, except it's your SUPAFAST cars.

The game is like Need For Speed with Burnout:Revenge. It takes the speed of one game and the destruction of the other, with a bit of Extreme-G (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme-G) thrown into the mix.

Unfortunately, the demo is only available on Xbox Live right now. I think the game is going to be multi-platform, however, so if ya know anyone with Live, ask them to download it. I definitely recommend playing it, it's good fun.

Tomeeboy
Apr 17, 2010, 02:33 PM
This is a pretty cool game. Kind of like Need for Speed / Burnout + Mario Kart (with a little Modern Warfare leveling thrown in). I've been trying to decide whether or not to pre-order it, as I have a huge backlog of games to play. Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002AQNT14/ref=nosim/psow-20) has it for $56.99 with a $10 video game credit pre-order bonus, which is an okay deal, but not good enough to make up my mind for me :D

Either way, the demo is fun and worth checking out for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

amtalx
Apr 17, 2010, 02:40 PM
I've enjoyed it, but it reminds me of Full Auto. It's fun at first, but I'm worried it will get stale.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 17, 2010, 03:10 PM
I've enjoyed it, but it reminds me of Full Auto. It's fun at first, but I'm worried it will get stale.
Never played Full Auto. <_>

I think the game manages to stay fresh, because of the varying amount of players, their strategies, car classes, levels, etc. It manages to keep you on your toes at all times. There's definitely a strategy element, and having it one can mean the difference between first and last...or constant wrecking.

Zeek123
Apr 18, 2010, 02:40 AM
I hate racers, but I'm looking forward to this one.

Hard to believe Disney Interactive's got a hand in it, huh? Looks like they're stepping up their game.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 18, 2010, 02:57 AM
Hard to believe Disney Interactive's got a hand in it, huh? Looks like they're stepping up their game.
What.

Zeek123
Apr 18, 2010, 03:00 AM
What.

Ope! You're right. I'm sorry, I was thinking of Split Second.

Apologies.

Niered
Apr 18, 2010, 03:05 AM
This game sounds good, but not nearly ridiculous ENOUGH.

Needs wings and guns. Yes, I am asking for a sequel to Rush 2049, because that game is the greatest racer ever. Got a problem with that? TOUGH LUCK, SUPER AMPS ON YO ASS.

Delete
Apr 19, 2010, 05:54 PM
I'd like to have tried it, but after not being able to get into a game after 30 mns, I kinda said F it and I deleted it from my memory.

Outrider
Apr 20, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'd like to have tried it, but after not being able to get into a game after 30 mns, I kinda said F it and I deleted it from my memory.

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble getting into a match.

I wound up doing around four or five races. I dunno, it seemed fun, but it never really "clicked" for me. It mostly just reminded me of the many, many "pseudo-realistic" Mario Kart clones that I played back on the N64. Of course, it played a lot better than those games.

Jaspaller
Apr 21, 2010, 09:41 PM
I was a little hesitant to try this game, but after giving it a go it was hard to stop. This game feels like a cross between the PGR series and Mario Kart. The chaos that ensues in a 20 player match is just absolute fun if you go in with people you know. The demo seems to have a few glitches though.

I might actually put down the cash and get the game.