PDA

View Full Version : Alternate weapon attack animations

Seth Astra
Apr 18, 2010, 01:53 PM
I've noticed that some classes have different fighting styles with different weapons. I know that FOnewearl has a different rod attack animation. When I was online last week, one of my partners (a HUnewearl) appeared to have a different fighting style with a saber. Are there any other classes that have different attack animations?

Syonu
Apr 18, 2010, 02:34 PM
Attack animation is determined by gender, not class.

Parasite159
Apr 18, 2010, 05:23 PM
Attack animation is determined by gender, not class.

thats not true, my Fomar has a diffrent dagger animation to my Hunewm

FOmarRashidi
Apr 18, 2010, 05:36 PM
thats not true, my Fomar has a diffrent dagger animation to my Hunewm

I noticed this too. My FOmar will move his arms outward when he buffs while my HUnewn will kick with his right leg.

johnwolf
Apr 18, 2010, 10:45 PM
it's the class that effects the different attack animations. infact, it actualy effects the SPEED of the attack. my RAcast is much faster with a saber than my HUnewearl. you might argue otherwise but you can litteraly feel the speed difference.

ARChan
Apr 19, 2010, 03:35 PM
FOmar attacks like a girl. Really! He does! Compare his attack pattern to a female char! Only a few things he has (such as standing position, running animation, tech and attack animations of rods and wands) are male.

Agent Bon
Apr 20, 2010, 11:40 PM
Animation for techniques is determined largely by what weapon you are holding. Wands appear to cast techniques faster than Rods. Guns and melee weapons have animations that are visually different for each weapon type, but I have not seen speed testing for them.