PDA

View Full Version : GameSharks can KISS my ASS!

MonkeyFunky
Mar 3, 2003, 08:07 PM
Okay, so this is off the topic of PSO, but i hope you'll still read my story.

So a year (or three) ago, i bought my copy of GRAN TURISMO A-SPEC for PS2, and i thoroughly enjoyed building my sexy '85 Panda Trueno (the equivalent to the '85 corolla GT-S). Needless to say, it was a long time before i was able to build and customize it to where i was winning most of my races and was able to buy better cars to build in order to win the much higher class races.

as i was still obviously a sruggling car builder, my ever-lazy roommate at the time (who'll remain nameless **cough**andrew**cough**) buys his own PS2 with Gran Turismo A-Spec along with... what's this? a Gameshark?

Suddenly, within a few day's time, he has all the cars buyable from the game armed to the teeth with all of the modifications, with five hundred fifty million billion million meseta... err... dollars in the bank! A feat which took me weeks to only gain a fraction of what he "bought."

No offense to you gameshark users, but to me there's no fun in winning everything on a game before ever even playing it, but i suppose, "to each, their own."

for the record... i've used a game genie to try and unlock the boss characters of the very first version of street fighter II for Super Nintendo (which turned into chicken scratch on the screen), i've used "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start" to gain 30 lives on Contra for NES, and i've used "warp zone" to get to the final Bowzer quicker on Super Mario Bros. Forgive me!

Peace in your hood!
http://www.geocities.com/rondeezie/deezsmall.txt

R

Oh, and P.S. I still kicked his ass racing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonkeyFunky on 2003-03-03 17:10 ]</font>

Mystil
Mar 3, 2003, 09:52 PM
Right.

Well guess what?

Interact has discontinued Gameshark production. So those wont be around much longer. This is the era of Code Breaker and Action Replay now. Oh and, your story is quite similar to mine. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hey nothing wrong with being able to buy an NSX-R LM GT2 with an easy 10 million dollar hack. lol

Celes152
Mar 4, 2003, 12:18 PM
Now,now, they can have good uses.

I used in Final Fantasy Tactics to make the game HARDER. I've used it to experiment, mod, and use debug rooms. As long as it's not a lame code for infinite anything, it can have practical applications.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 4, 2003, 12:39 PM
never thought of it that way... maybe because this incident and many others like it have left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Rock on, Celes!

R

KodiaX987
Mar 4, 2003, 01:38 PM
When I play offline stuff, I usually complete the game first and then cheat later.

Yeah, you can get quite a lot of replay value from Mech Warrior II by trying yourself at it again with a fully loaded Dire Wolf going at the speed of a Firemoth. o.O; Or use the infinite jetpack code, get yourself as high as the game will let you, and see if you can explore anything beyond the big canyons.

You know, fool around. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Just never do that stuff online!