PDA

View Full Version : Are you for looks over personality, or vise-versa?

SweetHina
Apr 22, 2010, 01:50 AM
Ok, I was watching one of the rants of a youtuber I subscribed to, & he was ranting about how looks ARE important. It was pretty funny, even comparing something about, if you got on a bus & there's 2 seats left - one next to a hobo & one next to a good looking person, would you sit next to a hobo who stinks of poo of every kind of poo there is or would you sit next to someone who looks very attractive. Saying how society is completely messed up.

I was thinking, what do gamers like me think. So I came here.

Do you prefer looks over personality, or personality over looks?

My answer:
I would date someone who is moderate looking. Not super hott because those types would cheat behind your back with some other hott person. I like geeks, obviously smarter than me so that balances out the relationship, as long as they are clean cut, even with no sense of fashion, hey lets go have DQ. As the relationship progresses I would feel that person is hott because of their personality.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 22, 2010, 02:16 AM
Ok, I was watching one of the rants of a youtuber I subscribed to,
I have to admit, I lost interest after I read that.

astuarlen
Apr 22, 2010, 02:32 AM
hey lets go have DQ

http://www.wdexpo.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/softservegroup.jpg

super hott hott hott

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/melt.jpeg

That's how my brain feels about this.

Palle
Apr 22, 2010, 02:43 AM
In my experience, no degree of beauty can rescue poor personality. I could also restate this opinion as:

If you are a rank bitch, it doesn't matter what your face or body look like, find some other chump to buy your drink.

I do have to admit, however, that I am somewhat shallow.

SabZero
Apr 22, 2010, 03:10 AM
Hm, a mix, for sure. I can't stand assholes.

Hotlinking away!
[spoiler-box]http://effinnerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/zachary-quinto.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/7/79/Misha_Collins.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/Doom-6-450-Karl%20Urban.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://www.freewebs.com/stargateworldsbyond/Baal_looking_at_Osiris.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Also, a persons personal hygiene isn't their looks, per se.

I want to say though, hotness and being a cheating scumbag has noting or little to do with looks, but mostly with personality (of either party).

Delete
Apr 22, 2010, 06:22 AM
I like the hot girls who try and get as much money as they can outta me and then tell me to screw off when I'm outta money. Seriously though, personality is kinda the main factor.

Smokey's Princess
Apr 22, 2010, 07:01 AM
I say personality over looks...I would get to know that person n like you siad you'll like how that person looks. :)

Gunslinger-08
Apr 22, 2010, 08:07 AM
Looks are what bring me to the table, but the personality is going to be what makes me decide whether or not to stick around.

Volcompat321
Apr 22, 2010, 11:43 AM
Well, being hot is all a matter of opinion, so if you're attracted to a beautiful woman (or hansome man), but your buddies don't think she attractive, well, it doesn't matter.

Personally, I go for both.
I want to have a beautiful woman, with a great personality.
Personality will always win me over 100% though.

I'm an extremely nice guy when it comes to women, and relationships, so I'll always treat a woman like she's a queen.
I'm not saying I want to be treated the same way (as a king though, of course), but I wouldn't like being treated like shit, if I'm being nice.

Anyway, like I said, being attractive is all a matter of opinion, and you have to be attracted to a woman you could possibly love, so deep down everyone's a little shallow to some extent.

amtalx
Apr 22, 2010, 12:08 PM
Physical attraction is why you walk in the door, but personality is what keeps you in the room.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
I don't know, man. The ladies just come to me.

Volcompat321
Apr 22, 2010, 12:35 PM
I don't know, man. The ladies just come to me.

You stud.

CupOfCoffee
Apr 22, 2010, 12:51 PM
If you're asking whether or not I would date Janet Reno, the answer is a resounding "yes."

Volcompat321
Apr 22, 2010, 01:00 PM
If you're asking whether or not I would date Janet Reno, the answer is a resounding "yes."

You are a brave man, Coffee.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2010, 01:06 PM
You stud.

Tru-Fact: There were no ladies on the internet until I started using it.

Volcompat321
Apr 22, 2010, 01:08 PM
Oh you stud.

Outrider: The New Chuck Norris

I can see it now. :wacko:

Retehi
Apr 22, 2010, 02:32 PM
The whole "looks don't matter" thing is pretty damn insulting, when you think about it.

Sure you look like a gargoyle, but it's ok, I only care about your personality.

Volcompat321
Apr 22, 2010, 02:43 PM
The whole "looks don't matter" thing is pretty damn insulting, when you think about it.

Sure you look like a gargoyle, but it's ok, I only care about your personality.

Gargoyle's are hot. :p

:wacko: No, I'm just kidding.

astuarlen
Apr 22, 2010, 03:44 PM

It's those amazing dance parties she throws, yes?

CupOfCoffee
Apr 22, 2010, 06:28 PM
"I like your dress, Janet."

"Thanks Janet."

KodiaX987
Apr 22, 2010, 07:51 PM
Physical attraction is why you walk in the door, but personality is what keeps you in the room.

Thread over.

SweetHina
Apr 22, 2010, 10:56 PM
I say personality over looks...I would get to know that person n like you siad you'll like how that person looks. :)

you know it girl.
like for example, my ex bf have a beard, & beards are like a BIG turn off for me, but like after some time I liked his personality & I started to believe the beard on him looks cute, so pretty much because of him I think a lil rugged look on a guy is pretty darn good looking.
HOWEVER I've never kissed a guy with a beard. I've kissed my ex bf who have stubbles a long time ago, omg, I thought I was bleeding. Man that hurt (>.<)

Zeek123
Apr 22, 2010, 11:40 PM
you know it girl.
like for example, my ex bf have a beard, & beards are like a BIG turn off for me, but like after some time I liked his personality & I started to believe the beard on him looks cute, so pretty much because of him I think a lil rugged look on a guy is pretty darn good looking.
HOWEVER I've never kissed a guy with a beard. I've kissed my ex bf who have stubbles a long time ago, omg, I thought I was bleeding. Man that hurt (>.<)

You don't like the scruff?!

http://becauseitreallyispersonal.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/1672403-dr-house.jpg

SabZero
Apr 23, 2010, 03:11 AM
Scruff is like sandpaper on your skin... looks hot, sure.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 23, 2010, 05:33 AM
you know it girl.

It's funny how people and their characteristics and/or features can become attractive once you get used to them being around. I worked at a summer camp last year, and while some of those single ladies on staff didn't initially pique my interest, they started looking better and better as the summer went on and I got to know them.

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 07:37 AM
Because love is blind.

Once you truly love someone, it's not about looks, you love them as a whole. <3

Anyway, I HATE SCRUFF!
It annoys the shit out of me, so I know it would annoy the girl I'm kissing.

Though I will say, it does make me look like 10 times older, which I like, cause I look young anyway.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 23, 2010, 10:33 AM
Anyway, I HATE SCRUFF!
It annoys the shit out of me, so I know it would annoy the girl I'm kissing.

Though I will say, it does make me look like 10 times older, which I like, cause I look young anyway.

The trick is to take care of it. It may sound silly, but try using some moisturizing shampoo or soap, as well as conditioner. It's hair, just like the stuff that grows out of your scalp, and facial hair is something that all men should be able to proudly bear, should they choose to grow it out.

astuarlen
Apr 23, 2010, 12:39 PM
you know it girl.

Helpful guide to facial hair (http://pixelspread.com/images/beards_trust_2.jpg)

Kent
Apr 23, 2010, 12:54 PM
Helpful guide to facial hair (http://pixelspread.com/images/beards_trust_2.jpg)
I don't see my facial hair on that.

At least now I know why people are cautiously friendly all the time. :/

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 02:53 PM
The trick is to take care of it. It may sound silly, but try using some moisturizing shampoo or soap, as well as conditioner. It's hair, just like the stuff that grows out of your scalp, and facial hair is something that all men should be able to proudly bear, should they choose to grow it out.

I don't think the scruff from a day or two not shaving can be soft and mushy.
It's just not natural. :p

Though, I will admit, I agree with the fact that a man should be able to have a beard, and be proud.

Palle
Apr 23, 2010, 03:23 PM
No way is John Waters less trustworthy than your average keg-standing, roid-raging, fist-pumping frat boy. Tell the author of that beard guide to sit in the corner for ten minutes and think about what they've done.

SirTopps
Apr 23, 2010, 03:37 PM
listen. i think my personality is fabulous but still everyone knows chicks dont dig me. so there for looks really do matter to them. more than they will ever let on. in someways they are even more shallow than men. and i believe this 100%.

i like looks. i want to have a pretty gf. but i think 95% of girls are pretty. so personality is key.

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
listen. i think my personality is fabulous but still everyone knows chicks dont dig me. so there for looks really do matter to them. more than they will ever let on. in someways they are even more shallow than men. and i believe this 100%.

i like looks. i want to have a pretty gf. but i think 95% of girls are pretty. so personality is key.

Troppical...You're afraid of women!

6/10 times the girl is always more nervous than you.

Just be yourself, but not nervous, or scared to talk to a woman.
Most I've had to deal with LOVE when you can walk up to them all Rico suave, and without a doubt, you'll get her number (or whatever you went in for).

Some things you'll just have to learn from experience.
Don't be afraid to just talk.

Outrider
Apr 23, 2010, 03:52 PM
9/10 times the girl is always more nervous than you.

That's a weird generalization.

It sounds like you're talking about bears or something.

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 03:59 PM
Nah. Not at all.

I'll change it to, 60% of the time, it works all the time. :p

:wacko:

Seriously, I was talking to a few people about it, and women are always so nervous when a guy she could possibly like talks to them.

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hair? On a man's body? There are those 'Body Cruisers' and all that stuff nowadays, guys, so USE them. Chest hair? GONE. Arm hair!? No f* way! You are men, your skin has to be as soft as a baby's ass I say! THAT'S manly, body hair makes you filthy beasts!

90% of people actually thinking this way makes me think that I was born into the wrong decade.
Cause I loved seeing Sean Connery topless in Bond. Or chest hair in general. Not into grizzlybears for sure, but come on. :c

Yummy!
http://www.jossip.com/wp/docs/2007/12/sean-connery.jpg

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 04:08 PM
Holy crap, I'd die if I had that much chest hair.

Heat is not something I like, and hair only brings that heat to you.

If I had that I'd definitely nair it up or something.
Laser removal possibly.

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
You puss! :x

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
You puss! :x

Nuh-uh!

That's just too much for Florida!
Facial hair is enough to deal with, I don't want to have to comb my chest in the morning.

Bad enough I have any hair.
I almost considered shaving my arm pits once cause I was so hot. (seriously!)

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2010, 04:15 PM
A friend of mine uses to say: 'Hair's okay, just don't let it become a bush.'
That saying, he is literally a baby's ass in person. Not even hair.... anywhere, really. Well besides those spots I wouldn't want to check, maybe.

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 04:17 PM
A friend of mine uses to say: 'Hair's okay, just don't let it become a bush.'
That saying, he is literally a baby's ass in person. Not even hair.... anywhere, really. Well besides those spots I wouldn't want to check, maybe.

Not even on his head? :o

I wouldn't go as far as shaving my head, but my hair is already pretty short.
I cut my hair once a week, every week. :D

Does he shave, or is he just one of those people that doesn't have hair? :o lol

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2010, 04:19 PM
He has none. Nooooone. He possibly will never have. Even women must envy him for that. And guys out of Florida. ;o

Volcompat321
Apr 23, 2010, 04:22 PM
Wow... well was he sick or something? :o
Or just that "lucky"?

That's crazyness, I've never seen that before.

astuarlen
Apr 23, 2010, 05:03 PM

Troppical...You're afraid of women!

6/10 times the girl is always more nervous than you.

Just be yourself, but not nervous, or scared to talk to a woman.
Most I've had to deal with LOVE when you can walk up to them all Rico suave, and without a doubt, you'll get her number (or whatever you went in for).

Some things you'll just have to learn from experience.
Don't be afraid to just talk.
How to make a post: mix 1 part nonsense with 1 part inflammatory nonsense. Garnish with an anecdote or baseless generalization. Serve at room temperature.

Back on topic, since this is clearly a thread of weighty import:
http://www.cynicallyoptimistic.com/blog/Files/CrazyBeard1.jpg
This guy looks legit.

Based on its cover, I judge this book to be incredibly, stupendously, hairrifically grand:
http://healthyagingfood.com/images/book.beardonbread.jpg

Not that I advocate hair of any sort in baked goods; that's just nasty.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
These guys of ast's would definitely win our upcoming culture club mustache contest, first prize $30. Maybe I can attempt to create one in line with these and win the $10 3rd place for effort.

Either way everyone should be working on their looks and personality anyway, no matter what kinda jester or stick figure stupor model you are. Easier to change yourself than other people. And the more work you put in, people will see it, and change their perception up a bit.

CupOfCoffee
Apr 23, 2010, 08:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of beards or noticeable body hair in general. I might occasionally be seen with an evening's worth of stubble uponst my jaw, but that's as far as I've let it go in probably five years. In addition to my beard's tendency to grow in a thinnish Johnny Depp style, which I don't favor, beards are itchy and hurty. Shaving can be annoying but I do it every morning in the shower so as to save an extra trip to the bathroom. It's a good system.

Zeek123
Apr 23, 2010, 08:57 PM
My jobs don't require me to look my best everyday, so I'll usually go a week or so without shaving. I'm with Mysterious G. I like some distinguishable features. And scruff be one of them.

amtalx
Apr 23, 2010, 09:34 PM
I can count the individual facial hairs on my face with my fingers. Seriously. There's a lot of Native American blood in my family so I am fully incapable of growing facial hair. My right sideburn is about an inch longer than my left though. That's the best I can do...

SirTopps
Apr 23, 2010, 10:02 PM
i have experienced a few things around women that i dont really want to talk about . lets just say i have good hearing and they dont like me very much. or when i talk to them and walk away they think im creepy . so i stand by everything i say.

SabZero
Apr 24, 2010, 03:03 AM
Bad enough I have any hair.
I almost considered shaving my arm pits once cause I was so hot. (seriously!)

I don't think it'd work. Trim the length some, but don't shave it, lest you get ingrowns and stubble. :-?

For me, the person I love, can have body hair or not, the whole point of love is acceptance, yes? (unless it causes health problems) :dead:

Mike
Apr 24, 2010, 06:02 AM
ingrowns
Now that would be uncomfortable.

Volcompat321
Apr 24, 2010, 08:31 AM
I can count the individual facial hairs on my face with my fingers. Seriously. There's a lot of Native American blood in my family so I am fully incapable of growing facial hair. My right sideburn is about an inch longer than my left though. That's the best I can do...

Wow... that's crazy!
I wish I had Native American blood. :/
Irish and German don't help me much.
Though I will say, for the longest time, I thought I did, because my facial hair didn't start growing in until I was about 19.
Then one summer BAM, it's all there. :/

I don't think it'd work. Trim the length some, but don't shave it, lest you get ingrowns and stubble. :-?

For me, the person I love, can have body hair or not, the whole point of love is acceptance, yes? (unless it causes health problems) :dead:

Hey, I said considered. You're right though, it probably would have been way more uncomfortable in the end due to your examples. :(

Now that would be uncomfortable.
Yes, it would be!

Weeaboolits
Apr 24, 2010, 03:27 PM
What good are looks without personality? We're talking about a relationship, not shopping for a mannequin.

Of course, anyone who says looks don't matter to them at all is either lying through their teeth or blind.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 24, 2010, 04:21 PM
After I shave, it takes a minimum of 3 days for me to get 5 o' clock shadow.

Facial hair just doesn't happen for me. Sideburns though, got dayum. Can't keep those things gone for 2 days.

Outrider
Apr 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
Of course, anyone who says looks don't matter to them at all is either lying through their teeth or blind.

Or dating somebody on PSOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

SweetHina
Apr 24, 2010, 09:49 PM
ok, I'm trying to catch up on what everyone has posted so far (had to start from page 3 XP)

yes hate scruff, but I understand that you have to have it to look a lil older. I'm 24 & i've been told by my dairy co-worker & customers that I look like I'm still in high school.... seriously??? there's no asian secret to looking young, its just you have to stay inside most of your life, out of the sun, playing video games XDDDD

& EWWW to body hair. I don't mind the lil strip that starts from below the bellybutton & goes down, but like chest hair, back hair, etc etc, it doesn't feel good against my skin, & I won't be able to do something.... fun to the guy (may be youngsters here >.>) I don't see anything positive with body hair, but I guess I'll have to fall for the person to like it.

joefro
Apr 24, 2010, 09:59 PM
Personality, definitely, unless she has a mustache.

SStrikerR
Apr 25, 2010, 01:02 AM
Personality, definitely, unless she has a mustache.

I laughed.
But anyways, personality. Looks are nice, but a crappy personality makes looks next to worthless.

Lucky for me my girlfriend has both. :wacko:

Splash
Apr 25, 2010, 02:31 AM

I don't know about that.