PDA

View Full Version : Wireless router question

Hatrix
Apr 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
I really want to get online can anyone reccomend a router that would work? I know nothing about them really but I think some have security features that might not work right with the DS. I guess I could try to find a used nintendo adapter but you have to have your PC on while playing. Which brings another question, can you play with your PC off with the router?

DaRkWoLf30
Apr 23, 2010, 08:39 PM
Please expand on your last question a bit? People say netgear is great for the DS so i would say get a netgear router. They discontinued that nintendo adapter so finding one might be a little hard.

fingyer
Apr 23, 2010, 10:38 PM
Any router is fine as long as it supports WEP encryption, as the DS doesn't support WPA encryption. My Netgear router started off as WPA, but they're farily easy to change by visiting the control panel.

Cruciarius
Apr 23, 2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, as long as the wireless router supports WEP security, you should be fine.

The DSi, I think, supports WPA, but most games can't play over it, so stick to WEP settings.

fingyer
Apr 24, 2010, 01:25 AM
The DSi, I think, supports WPA, but most games can't play over it, so stick to WEP settings.

Yes, the DSi does indeed support WPA. But what you said, most games don't work online over it.

Hatrix
Apr 26, 2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks alot guys I should be able to figure the rest out on my own much appreciated!