PDA

View Full Version : Mag Opinion

kenaniah
Apr 25, 2010, 09:57 AM
Okay so i have a ranger and he is pretty weak and i wanna know what is the best mag for him. usually i use Hunewm and a newmen force .....

p.s. i have a Radam, Rappy, and, Hagal ^^;

Google
Apr 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
I use a 100 power mag with a ruffian nature. Put celeb on all of your weapons. You can do good damage on normal and hard with mech guns but on super some hostiles have a very high gun resistance. On super I can do 170-320 damage (this was online without any buffs or debuffs) per hit with earth bullet and it hits 3 times.

DaRkWoLf30
Apr 25, 2010, 12:31 PM
I would suggest you use a 100 pow mag. Because Rangers get enough ATA as is. I would also watch about because about 32 mobs have a high resistance to bullets. As the top person said. Celeb is your best bet for SH.

ARChan
Apr 25, 2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, emphasize power on your mag if you're a RAcast/caseal. However, if you're a RAmar/marl, you might also want to have another mag that's balanced on Power and Mind. Mind is for you to be able to have at least a somewhat effective Resta for solo/party purposes. Then, if you don't like the Power and Mind idea, just stick with what most of the Pseudo-HU Rangers stick with and shoot only for Power on your mag.

The_Pup
Apr 25, 2010, 07:22 PM
100 pow or a 99/1 pow/other mag for specific photon blasts. As for nature: Aim for Ruffian, Melancholy or one of the special types.

EDIT:

Yeah, emphasize power on your mag if you're a RAcast/caseal. However, if you're a RAmar/marl, you might also want to have another mag that's balanced on Power and Mind. Mind is for you to be able to have at least a somewhat effective Resta for solo/party purposes. Then, if you don't like the Power and Mind idea, just stick with what most of the Pseudo-HU Rangers stick with and shoot only for Power on your mag.

It's better just to make a seperate full mind mag than a balanced mag. Note that to see any notable difference (50 points of healing) you would need to equip a MST weapon with a full mind mag. RAmarl resta L10 healing without extra points in MST at L90ish is around 150-160 points.

ARChan
Apr 25, 2010, 07:47 PM
It's better just to make a seperate full mind mag than a balanced mag. Note that to see any notable difference (50 points of healing) you would need to equip a MST weapon with a full mind mag. RAmarl resta L10 healing without extra points in MST at L90ish is around 150-160 points.

Yeah, that's another option. A full mind would help in regard to Alresta but it doesn't solve the problem with offense (unless you're going to be a slicer RAmar/marl). Still, there's the problem that RAmar/marl don't heal quick enough with just 150-160 points. I found that my offense as a RAmarl isn't too much of an issue but rather having enough healing ability to heal from projectiles quick enough. The 50/0/0/50 mag mix is just a quick fix between the two extremes, and I'm sure that there's a lot of people who don't like having to switch their mag so very often to just have a quick fix to MST and lose their PB at the process.

Still, the thoughts are up: Pure power for kill ability, Pure MST for survivability, and 50/0/0/50 for a slight fix of both. I don't disagree with any of them. Think of me silly but I have a 50/25/25/0 red Hagal just for fashion purposes. Haha!

steaIth
Apr 26, 2010, 09:25 PM
does the mags nature affect anything?

The_Pup
Apr 27, 2010, 03:33 AM
does the mags nature affect anything?

For all your mag-nature needs: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2604

As a note: When your mag gets to L60, you can switch between the two advanced natures for its type freely. So if you have a "Hungry" mag the nature will be either "Eccentric" or "Fickle" depending on what you feed it (at the bottom of each of the respective tables) and you can switch back and forth between them as long as you feed them what is required.