PDA

View Full Version : BB I am super new; specific and general tips please?

Granity
May 1, 2010, 01:04 AM
I'm playing PSO Blue Burst and I have never played a game in the series before, so you can imagine how little I know and how tough it is to find the info you're looking for when you have absolutely no idea what you're looking for :P!

Anyway, I was hoping for some general tips on how to approach the game for the most part. There are too many options! I made a dummy character just to run around and get a feel for the game, but I have only found myself asking more questions! I'd be happy if anyone could give me even the most minor of help, 'cause anything and everything is appreciated! Here are my main concerns/questions.

First, I think my first real character will be either a Hucaseal or Racaseal because the androids seem to appeal to me most. What section IDs would be best for those classes and for what reason? I mean, I have looked at a section ID list but I have absolutely no idea why any of those items are good or what they are, so it doesn't help me much >_>. It also seems to only mention really high level gear, but doesn't tell me what things I should be looking out for along the way to help me get there, just the absolute best of what the ID offers.

Second, are there any specific single player quests I should be doing? Or just do them all? And at what point should I go above normal mode, since you get better drops in higher difficulties. Like just a general idea of when to move up would be nice. Do quests change depending on the difficulty or do you have the same quests just with stronger enemies?

Third, Mags are kind of confusing for me. I have looked at guides, but the guides really seem to just assume you know about the game already. I'm not sure what I should feed my mags for the classes I want or in what order to level their stats up in, what skills I should grab for them, etc. I don't want to mess something up that seem to require so much time and effort!

Anyway, thanks for checking out my thread and hopefully offering some help! Any general tips you think might be important for a newer player to know would be great help too, since I clearly don't know what I'm supposed to know and thus may not be asking the proper questions :P. Sorry for being a bother; thanks!

psofan219
May 2, 2010, 12:00 AM
First off, welcome to PSO-World, and to the PSO series :) It's always nice to see new members in both. Secondly, I would advise to not worry about all that complex stuff right now. You'll be lost :o Just worry about locating everything in Pioneer 2 (referred to as "the city" in-game) and how to combo attack. After that, let things slowly introduce themselves to you, it's far better than taking everything at once. I would explain everything here, but that would create a monstrous wall of text so I'll just tell you that if you want some really informative/instructive help, visit my profile and leave me a message, and from there we can arrange ain in-game meeting.

Before that though, I must say this: When it comes to talking of Private Servers, do not say anything outside of they exist, no matter the form of conversation (public or private). Do not say anything about them (this includes block and ship names). There is one exception though: Block and ship names can be discussed through private messages here. Server names can't. Keep that in mind, and follow the general rules which apply at practically every site, and you'll go far here :wacko:

Granity
May 2, 2010, 08:06 AM
Thank you :o. I will definitely send you a PM.

psofan219
May 4, 2010, 06:27 AM
Two days late, but whatever XD No problem. I'm always wanting to help new people :)

steaIth
May 13, 2010, 09:58 AM
yea, it is awsome. also you can look at the guides for info on what class, but for help, i will put a bit of back ground for each weapon type.

saber, basic hunter weapon. high-middle power, one enemy, very fast attack
dagger, less power and speed than saber, but every attack hits 2.
sword, slow with a good amount of power, hits mitiple enemys.
partisan, a faster weaker version of a sword
slicer, fling something out, hits mitiple enemys that are close together. very weak, decent speed, low accuracy

handgun, fast, weak, middle range
rifle, long range middeim speed, best power of rangers
shot, my favorite, can hit up to 5 enemys, slow, short range, weak power
mechgun, another favorite, weak, slow, short range, most innacurate weapon, but each attack hits 3 times

and i dont really know forces, but that dosnt matter if you want to make a cast.

Rare weapon types
2 swords: example, mushashi. these have amazing power, and a 1:2:2 attack combo. get these, and they arn't to hard to get
double saber: these are cool, i havent used one for very long, but my friend has one and it is awsome, low power, decent low accuracy for a hunter weapon, a 2:1:3 attack combo, slowish combo
Bazooka/lancher, it varys but usually hits multiple people, some explode on impact, some hit enemys in a straight line, and some hit one enemy

I think that is it