PDA

View Full Version : GC/ Wii compatability

infamoushugs
May 1, 2010, 06:50 PM
Hello PSO-W,

I've played pso since it first came out on dc and all throughout gc. Well its been about 6 years since I've last played. I no longer have a gamecube but I do have a wii. I was planning on buying pso episode I & ii from amazon because I can't find it anywhere else and I started thinking since dc and gc versions used a memory card to store the characters would it play for my wii?

Thanks

AlexCraig
May 1, 2010, 07:17 PM
PSOGC can play on the wii. Yes.

psofan219
May 1, 2010, 07:24 PM
As Alex said, yes you can play PSO GC on the Wii, and yes you can save PSO data with it as well. It won't be stored directly on the Wii itself, so you'll still need a GC Memory Card if you wish to save, and a GC controller to play. The only thing that sucks about the Wii, is that you can't take PSO GC online with it, as it has no support for Modem/BBA adapters.

infamoushugs
May 1, 2010, 07:47 PM
Okay thanks guys I appreciate the help. Now I'm assuming there is a slot on my wii for a gc memory card? And the gc controllers just plug in?

Oh and last thing - besides amazon for almost 50$ can I purchase pso ep. 1&2 anywhere else?

psofan219
May 1, 2010, 11:40 PM
Yes, there are two slots for memory cards and four slots for gamecube controllers. They're underneath two door panels at the top of the Wii if you use the vertical stand. If you lay it horizontally, they should be on the left. If not, then your Wii's upside down :o

Fhin
May 2, 2010, 04:21 AM
But if you wanna play PSO online, you have to do with a Gamecube since the Wii doesn't support the online function of PSO GC.